Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:03:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 70751 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: November 14, 2009, 11:34:50 PM »

Can the court and the AG handle the current work load? Might there be a need for more justices (or judges to try cases who are not actually on the court) and a deputy AG to help serve as a prosecutor?

Bullmoose once brainstormed the intriguing idea of expanding the amount of Justices to 5, and I liked the idea. Still do, but I'm sure people would find some sort of sinister motive in that, too.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:27:35 PM »

Of course Marokai wants more justices now when there is a liberal in the White House.

Do you have anything intelligent to say....ever?

This is just like when FDR tried to stack the courts.

Except that it isn't?

This is exactly why I didn't float the idea before, even though it was BM's idea in the first place. I knew this is precisely the charge that would be leveled against me.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 08:37:25 AM »

@Franzl & Fritz: Standing is a nice thing to talk about if it actually existed anymore in this respect, gentlemen. I'm a little more open to the idea of discussing our decisions than court members have been in the past, but standing to sue, in Atlasia, has been without precedent, without reason, and an all around waste of time given the fact that Atlasia is not the real world. It's a silly technicality, and we did away with it.

We shouldn't be spending more time arguing over technicalities that are entirely subjective in the first place given that this is a forum instead of the actual problems with the law. In Purple State v. Lief, the court and Purple State spent a month just squabbling over the ability to sue in the first place, instead of just cutting straight to the issue. What is the point of that? What does standing even positively accomplish anyway in Atlasia? Especially since the argument over whether Purple State had standing or not was entirely subjective. As far as I can see, nothing at all, except wasting all our time and letting actual legal issues slip away.

Now, if anyone has anything constructive to add on the issue of Libertas and his alleged violations of the Constitution, submit something for the court in the case thread. Otherwise, this little argument you're having should be more about having a standing requirement in the first place, instead of arguing over something that doesn't matter.

The federal government does not have that jurisdiction over the Northeast, which is why it is a bad decision.

I'll not comment on this directly, case ongoing and all, but if you feel so strongly about it, you are free to submit something on Libertas' behalf if he likes.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 01:53:05 AM »

Bump.

Why is it, that the populares have such a penchant for stumbling into the most head shakingly, dumb mistakes that often involve the person getting prosecuted? Tongue

I don't understand it either. They must think it's some sort of conspiracy but all it boils down to is their bizarre habit of breaking or contradicting the law more often than anyone else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies