Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:11:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 70658 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: November 11, 2009, 04:13:01 PM »

The prosecution was unable to provide an adequate refutation of the defense's legitimate claims. Not only was it a joke, but it was not a performance of the SoFA's duties. Therefore, legally, we cannot prosecute East Coast Republican. The SoFA is required to open voting booths that contain the official rules and the official ballot. Without the presence of this, the actions at hand can not be considered a performance of said duties. East Coast Republican did not commit a crime and should not be sentenced.

The arguements by the defense counsel here leave me scratching my head. Does he honestly think he is doing anything other then driving the nail in his client's coffin. Especially after he requested more time and then did nothing with it. Finally this statement is completely out of order.
The prosecution was unable (or possibly unwilling) to provide an adequate refutation of all of the defense's claims but one - the stupid one about it being intended as a joke. it didn't answer the other ones at all and instead reverted to, basically, namecalling  - actually, in a proper courtroom or with a more worthy defendant, I'd call it character assassination. Certainly completely out of order, though. Unlike most of the statement posted.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:47:08 AM »

We still haven't the slightest clue what Hamilton is supposed to have done. Though if that case, and Sewer's, have as little basis as the other suit bgwah has been threatening against Hamilton in that case, then it is high time this off-the-rocker pursuer of personal vendettas be stopped in the only constitutionally acceptable way. Which is impeachment. (Though it does seem there must be some substance to the Hamilton case - judging purely from Ham's behavior.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 04:45:15 AM »

We still haven't the slightest clue what Hamilton is supposed to have done. Though if that case, and Sewer's, have as little basis as the other suit bgwah has been threatening against Hamilton in that case, then it is high time this off-the-rocker pursuer of personal vendettas be stopped in the only constitutionally acceptable way. Which is impeachment. (Though it does seem there must be some substance to the Hamilton case - judging purely from Ham's behavior.)

Apologies for waiting until the trials start to post my evidence. Roll Eyes
Well most of the time there were political trials in Atlasia (and let's face it, almost every possible trial in Atlasia is political. It's in the nature of the game) people knew what it was about... I understand that's sometimes not possible and all, but, well, it smells a little fishy. I'm perfectly ready to be convinced otherwise, of course, but this (the first Ham case) is taking pretty long. And if that unmarked semi-quote is supposed to be an offense, I guess half the people who posted in the "Rumors" thread need to be banned from voting too.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 05:20:18 AM »

It is a good idea, provided people can be found to fill it. [/serious part of post]

Maybe abolish the regions to free up the personnel - except the Midwest of course?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »

Of course Marokai wants more justices now when there is a liberal in the White House.

Do you have anything intelligent to say....ever?
The last time he did, he got dragged into court for it. So now he's foresworn intelligent utterances.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »

I was most certainly here when this law - or any other law, actually - was passed, and I take the fact that I don't have any memory of "the problems that happened before it was passed" - or rather, problems of the kind it purports to fix - as not proof but reasonably strong evidence that they didn't exist.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 11:21:35 AM »

I was most certainly here when this law - or any other law, actually - was passed, and I take the fact that I don't have any memory of "the problems that happened before it was passed" - or rather, problems of the kind it purports to fix - as not proof but reasonably strong evidence that they didn't exist.

At one point someone took a confidential message I sent them and posted it directly on the forum without my permission for one and I know of a few other people who had to deal with it too.
That's a "problem" only if you are a total idiot and wouldn't want the rest of the forum to notice. Basically.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 07:35:48 AM »

Note to the AG : Shouldn't Hamilton/Swing Voter be prosecuted for voter fraud ?

Swing Voter never registered.

Sh**t... I wish he did just before Nik posted the PMs.

Yes and come to think of it, he can't register for several months till Hamilton falls off the Voter Roll. Thats what got Josh/Devilman. He didn't wait long enough.

Well, it's still enough time to expell him from NE Assembly. Tongue
If indeed he wants to "get away from the game", he should probably just resign that office.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 10:00:31 AM »

Lol.

Mind you, we had a zombie Senator once.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies