Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:54:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 70444 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« on: February 17, 2021, 11:57:14 AM »

You're the ones who changed voting laws to favor your party right before an election.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 09:45:21 PM »

I agree, this is a poor decision. Although the case would have likely been lopsided and uninteresting, this doesn't set a good precedent. I also must take objection to the description of this relating to actions of a "fictional character"; such statements undermine the canon status of the game engine and also don't make sense considering that all of this is fictional.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 06:24:18 PM »

I agree, this is a poor decision. Although the case would have likely been lopsided and uninteresting, this doesn't set a good precedent. I also must take objection to the description of this relating to actions of a "fictional character"; such statements undermine the canon status of the game engine and also don't make sense considering that all of this is fictional.

I guess I will explain more in detail my decision.

I do not believe the Supreme Court can simulate fantasy court case like that. The main reason being  basically due process. How could this fictional character "Elon Musk" be represented realistically? He's not even a real person in this game.

I'm not even against this kind of "fun stories", it's just to me the Supreme Court isn't going to host court cases where the accused person doesn't exist.

It's main point against it.
Elon Musk is, by the laws which established the game engine, a real person in the game. This is not a disputable fact. And constitutionally, being that Elon Musk acted in violation of federal law, his case falls under the jurisdiction of the supreme court. Presumably, his case would be represented by a player. Maybe a volunteer, or maybe there would have to be some sort of lottery system, there's several ways of potentially doing it. But a lack of creativity isn't my problem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies