Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:57:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 70765 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: November 15, 2009, 01:23:48 PM »

I'm fine with the caseload right now.

Xahar's case is tough (for me at least) - that explains the time we're taking on that one.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 12:49:38 PM »

Something interesting I noticed while checking the Court's Wiki page that got me wondering: What is the story behind Chief Justice bullmoose88's leap-frog to the position of CJ from junior AJ. Did senior AJ opebo turn down the position of CJ?

There is no requirement that the replacement for the cj be the senior associate or a member of the court at all. It's at the discretion of the president with the advice and consent of the senate.

Interestingly, the only CJ who did not come from one of the other two justices on the Court at that time was TCash101 (whatever happened to him?).
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »

I likewise agree the Atlasia Constitution's language on this subject is crystal clear. "any level of government" means exactly that; from President and senator down to regional assembly member.

That language wasn't interpreted as "crystal clear" in Xahar v. Southeast, as you may recall...  Tongue
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »

Re: JBrase v. Atlasia

A new angle to the HAEV fight that I hadn't thought of, and I have to say I think its a very worthy challenge that JBrase should certainly not drop.

We accept all amicus briefs presented at little charge... Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies