Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:10:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 69348 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: July 22, 2021, 10:44:18 AM »

Is there any evidence that the information was posted against the person's will, as the law says?

Trust me I wouldn't be bringing the case up if LT had received consent from the "victim" to post their personal information Tongue
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #401 on: July 22, 2021, 10:52:43 AM »

Is there any evidence that the information was posted against the person's will, as the law says?

Trust me I wouldn't be bringing the case up if LT had received consent from the "victim" to post their personal information Tongue

Has the victim said that it was against their will? Wouldn't they have to identify themselves to do so, since the victim isn't actually known besides their IRL name?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #402 on: July 22, 2021, 10:56:49 AM »

LT, or for that matter any Federalist, should not have even been accessing the spreadsheet in question.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #403 on: July 22, 2021, 11:18:39 AM »

Has the victim said that it was against their will? Wouldn't they have to identify themselves to do so, since the victim isn't actually known besides their IRL name?
Ideally not, as then we'd be committing a massive breach of privacy against someone who has already had the misfortune of getting their name revealed against their will. Surely that's not what you're suggesting?
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #404 on: July 22, 2021, 11:22:31 AM »

Ideally not, as then we'd be committing a massive breach of privacy against someone who has already had the misfortune of getting their name revealed against their will. Surely that's not what you're suggesting?
All I want to know is if there is evidence that the sharing of such information was against their will, unless that is assumed by default.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #405 on: July 22, 2021, 11:27:51 AM »

This isn't the first time I have participated in a trial. But this is definitely the most important trial I ever had to deal with since I started playing this game in 2013, and since I joined the court more than 5 years ago.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #406 on: August 02, 2021, 05:42:41 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2021, 11:31:32 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I would urge the Court to hold Louisville in Contempt of Court for his excessive wasting of the court's valuable time. This could be taken into consideration at sentencing as an aggravating factor if found guilty.  
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #407 on: August 02, 2021, 06:08:22 PM »

I would urge the Court to hold Louisville in Contempt of Court for his excessive wasting of the court's valuable time. This could be taken into consideration at sentencing as an aggravating factor if found guilty. 
I would also like to charge Wulfric, or the name of his fursona, "Dwarven Dragon" with the same charges.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #408 on: August 02, 2021, 09:01:42 PM »

I would also like to charge Wulfric, or the name of his fursona, "Dwarven Dragon" with the same charges.

I would also like to charge Ishan for misuse of the term "fursona"
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #409 on: August 06, 2021, 08:08:28 PM »

Very bizarre strategy. The defense seems to believe it can win this case by delaying everything to the last possible second. I don't believe this strategy has ever been used successfully before, either in-game or IRL.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #410 on: August 08, 2021, 11:37:40 AM »

Please use the Discussion thread.

While I would rather not discuss the details, but their was a presumption that I would be LT's attorney by several parties involved here, who failed to account for my RL situation in late July/August that would preclude such.

This is the source of many of the delays as finding someone who is knowledgeable of the law, maintains a degree of confidence on the part of the client, and most important, has the ability to provide effective representation (as in not weighed down by RL obligations and health issues), is not easy to find.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #411 on: August 08, 2021, 11:42:35 AM »

I merged the extraneous posts split off from the court case thread into here.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #412 on: August 08, 2021, 02:26:26 PM »

Looks like LT’s lawyer will be court appointed, it’s Sunday so it’s past the deadline
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #413 on: August 12, 2021, 02:40:56 PM »

So does Atlasia use a Unanimous or Majority vote jury system
Politics Fan

« Reply #414 on: August 19, 2021, 10:01:17 AM »

Has always been a majority system.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #415 on: August 19, 2021, 10:11:51 AM »

Has always been a majority system.

I had thought it was unanimous? Ofc I haven't been around for many court cases though so
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #416 on: September 18, 2021, 05:33:21 AM »

If the responsability of saving Lincoln from communism has fallen to Wulfric, I think the proletarian revolution is very likely to suceed Tongue
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #417 on: September 18, 2021, 01:52:04 PM »

If the responsability of saving Lincoln from communism has fallen to Wulfric, I think the proletarian revolution is very likely to suceed Tongue
Well as it turns out I have successfully negotiated to return Lincoln to democratic government and still achieve Speaker RC
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #418 on: October 16, 2021, 06:43:59 PM »

2013 here we come.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #419 on: October 16, 2021, 06:51:57 PM »

I call on the next administration to impeach Windjammer

Yep, called it.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #420 on: October 16, 2021, 07:02:12 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2021, 07:06:23 PM by Ishan »

Can't wait for Windjammer to switch his party to the Federalists. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #421 on: October 16, 2021, 07:11:58 PM »

Its always hilarious when current group of lefties doesn't like the last group of lefties supreme court majority. Which was 2013 in a nutshell.

Well second act of 2013. The first act was just rank inactivity at a time when a majority of the game did consider it appropriate to moralize about activity (not passing judgement for or against just stating how it was). Then that got picked up by and ran with by Laborites who were angered by the adverse rulings relating to the Pacific business.

All of the mid 2013 court's members ended up voting against Labor's candidates in the October 2013 elections. Bgwah and Ebowed voted for Superique over Tyrion and Opebo for then Federalist Spiral IIRC. Opebo also infamously joined the Federalist Party during that period as well.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #422 on: October 16, 2021, 07:14:30 PM »

To hopefully nip this in the bud: while I (strongly) disagree with the court's decision in this matter, I do not believe that Windjammer should be impeached, nor do I believe there is significant support for impeachment.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #423 on: October 16, 2021, 07:30:26 PM »

Its always hilarious when current group of lefties doesn't like the last group of lefties supreme court majority. Which was 2013 in a nutshell.

Well second act of 2013. The first act was just rank inactivity at a time when a majority of the game did consider it appropriate to moralize about activity (not passing judgement for or against just stating how it was). Then that got picked up by and ran with by Laborites who were angered by the adverse rulings relating to the Pacific business.

All of the mid 2013 court's members ended up voting against Labor's candidates in the October 2013 elections. Bgwah and Ebowed voted for Superique over Tyrion and Opebo for then Federalist Spiral IIRC. Opebo also infamously joined the Federalist Party during that period as well.

For the record, in 2013, Adam simply wanted a labor supreme court instead of a napoleon friendly one (ebowed and bgwah were Napoleon's friends )
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #424 on: October 16, 2021, 07:46:42 PM »

For the record, in 2013, Adam simply wanted a labor supreme court instead of a napoleon friendly one (ebowed and bgwah were Napoleon's friends )

Right as I said, "current group of lefties" doesn't like the last group of lefties (JCP) court majority. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies