ICP Poll: Do you support abolition of the regional Senate seats?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:59:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ICP Poll: Do you support abolition of the regional Senate seats?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes (JCP)
Yes (PC)
Yes (DA)
Yes (LNF)
Yes (I)
No (JCP)
No (PC)
No (DA)
No (LNF)
No (I)
No opinion
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: ICP Poll: Do you support abolition of the regional Senate seats?  (Read 4469 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2009, 11:18:32 PM »

If the Regional Protection Parody is serious about supporting regional rights (which, due to their record, is highly doubtful), they will join me in opposing any attempts to create a Council of Governors.

We have already been there for months. What provoked the change in opinion on your part?

I have never supported a Council of Governors. It's one of the worst ideas to be proposed in Atlasia.

But you were for Regional Senate seats before you were against them before you were for them. Tongue

I didn't mention regional seats at all, did I? No, I didn't. My main reason for opposing the regional seats is because I don't like the party it props up, the party that is unable to reach out beyond its narrow scope to any potential allies and has trouble pushing any kind of legislative agenda because it chooses to elect incompetents or leftists.

I am open to keeping or abolishing regional seats, mainly because I don't care. It's not like the at-large elections are some more "exciting" or "competitive." But, given the choice between someone like DWTL, and someone who adamantly opposes regional seats, of course I will vote against regional seats.

Okay, Hamilton, who are we not reaching out to? When you were in the party all we did was lose moderates because of the fighting, unethical practices or the inabililty to stop something from occuring before it drove someway do to the factionalism.

That is an ignorant analysis. Most "moderates" (I do not consider the DA as a group "moderate", however that's how I will use the term) abandoned the party not because of anything other than a loss of electoral standing. Without a way to provide power, why should they help you gain it? It's simple politics. The RPP was able to keep/gain voters such as afleitch and AndrewCT by creating a wide-reaching platform that has appeal. Unfortunately, since then,   the party has made clear that it is not actually going in that direction, and is returning to the reactionary state that caused losses in April and August. You also lost a big component of the turn out machine, something that was deadly to the party. You aren't even considering the way that some former party members may have been helping the party for a while after leaving until the party went on a crazy witch hunt for no reason other than to pacify the Dear Leader, DWTL, one of the most ignorant trolls I've ever encountered.

Your analysis wasn't much better. DWTL was actually the last one to get on board. I was trying to find someway of diffusing your power back when you and Tmth were going at it in August during those elections. Even after our little incident at the beginning of the convention he was unwilling to attack or go after you. Wasn't untill the name change that he really turned against you. You would be in the RPP today, if you had listened more and talked a little less. When you say alienating moderates though the only moderates we have lost are you and Vepres. I realize why you must feel that way, but look at it in our shoes. At least we had people who could neutralize DWTL, with you it wasn't so.

None of that has anything to do with my argument. Moderate voters, not just party members. You're not very familiar with my reasons for leaving, mostly because I'm entirely secretive about motives, as you well know. I'd be glad to explicate this history through PM, as I actually don't care all that much about Atlasia and actually hope to deregister, though I plan to wait until my term finishes, as to not insult my supporters and constituents who made a tough decision and put their faith in me among a slate of strong candidates. And for that I am entirely appreciative.  

Also, as an aside, you can't neutralize DWTL. Your party doesn't have the political minds necessary to ever break through his fascist control. A few people were able to recognize that, as has been revealed to me through PM, and have expressed their disappointment. They, too, are scared of going against him.

I would be happy to compare notes and timelines and fill in some of the blanks.

I am not afraid of DWTL. Anyone who is just dumb. He just needs to be put in his place every now and then just like Tmth, PiT, yourself(but no one could) and bunch of other people who dug themselves one hell of a big f**king hole at one point or another.

PM me for details.

oh I thought it was one of those don't contact us, we'll contact you like my dad always gets when applying for a Job. Then of course the phone never rings. Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2009, 11:21:32 PM »

If the Regional Protection Parody is serious about supporting regional rights (which, due to their record, is highly doubtful), they will join me in opposing any attempts to create a Council of Governors.

We have already been there for months. What provoked the change in opinion on your part?

I have never supported a Council of Governors. It's one of the worst ideas to be proposed in Atlasia.

But you were for Regional Senate seats before you were against them before you were for them. Tongue

I didn't mention regional seats at all, did I? No, I didn't. My main reason for opposing the regional seats is because I don't like the party it props up, the party that is unable to reach out beyond its narrow scope to any potential allies and has trouble pushing any kind of legislative agenda because it chooses to elect incompetents or leftists.

I am open to keeping or abolishing regional seats, mainly because I don't care. It's not like the at-large elections are some more "exciting" or "competitive." But, given the choice between someone like DWTL, and someone who adamantly opposes regional seats, of course I will vote against regional seats.

Okay, Hamilton, who are we not reaching out to? When you were in the party all we did was lose moderates because of the fighting, unethical practices or the inabililty to stop something from occuring before it drove someway do to the factionalism.

That is an ignorant analysis. Most "moderates" (I do not consider the DA as a group "moderate", however that's how I will use the term) abandoned the party not because of anything other than a loss of electoral standing. Without a way to provide power, why should they help you gain it? It's simple politics. The RPP was able to keep/gain voters such as afleitch and AndrewCT by creating a wide-reaching platform that has appeal. Unfortunately, since then,   the party has made clear that it is not actually going in that direction, and is returning to the reactionary state that caused losses in April and August. You also lost a big component of the turn out machine, something that was deadly to the party. You aren't even considering the way that some former party members may have been helping the party for a while after leaving until the party went on a crazy witch hunt for no reason other than to pacify the Dear Leader, DWTL, one of the most ignorant trolls I've ever encountered.

Your analysis wasn't much better. DWTL was actually the last one to get on board. I was trying to find someway of diffusing your power back when you and Tmth were going at it in August during those elections. Even after our little incident at the beginning of the convention he was unwilling to attack or go after you. Wasn't untill the name change that he really turned against you. You would be in the RPP today, if you had listened more and talked a little less. When you say alienating moderates though the only moderates we have lost are you and Vepres. I realize why you must feel that way, but look at it in our shoes. At least we had people who could neutralize DWTL, with you it wasn't so.

None of that has anything to do with my argument. Moderate voters, not just party members. You're not very familiar with my reasons for leaving, mostly because I'm entirely secretive about motives, as you well know. I'd be glad to explicate this history through PM, as I actually don't care all that much about Atlasia and actually hope to deregister, though I plan to wait until my term finishes, as to not insult my supporters and constituents who made a tough decision and put their faith in me among a slate of strong candidates. And for that I am entirely appreciative.  

Also, as an aside, you can't neutralize DWTL. Your party doesn't have the political minds necessary to ever break through his fascist control. A few people were able to recognize that, as has been revealed to me through PM, and have expressed their disappointment. They, too, are scared of going against him.

I am not afraid of DWTL. Anyone who is just dumb. He just needs to be put in his place every now and then just like Tmth, PiT, yourself(but no one could) and bunch of other people who dug themselves one hell of a big f**king hole at one point or another.

PM me for details.

oh I thought it was one of those don't contact us, we'll contact you like my dad always gets when applying for a Job. Then of course the phone never rings. Tongue

Nah, I have a wealth of information stored that would be valuable to any customer.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 11:28:01 PM »

PM me for details.

Nah, I have a wealth of information stored that would be valuable to any customer.

I hope this is doesn't cost anything to patronise your establishment for your information. lol
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2009, 11:33:43 PM »

PM me for details.

I hope this is doesn't cost anything to patronise your establishment for your information. lol

My organization assures competitive prices Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2009, 07:25:01 AM »

PM me for details.

My organization assures competitive prices Tongue

Competative prices? Sh**T nationalise it. A Governemnt option will be cheaper and bring costs down. lol Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2009, 09:07:49 AM »

Support: 35.7%

Against: 59.4%

No opinion: 4.8%

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »

I find it amusing that RowanBrandon, who left the party because of DWDL, is now his strongest backer.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 03:54:22 PM »

I find it amusing that RowanBrandon, who left the party because of DWDL, is now his strongest backer.
Contrary to popular belief, Rowan left because of Hamilton.  My support of Hamilton perhaps, but Hamilton none the less. 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 03:58:24 PM »

Contrary to popular belief, Rowan left because of Hamilton.  My support of Hamilton perhaps, but Hamilton none the less. 

My archives indicate otherwise. Certainly, your support of Hamilton may have played a factor, but it was not the only factor.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2009, 04:15:40 PM »

My archives indicate otherwise. Certainly, your support of Hamilton may have played a factor, but it was not the only factor.

Yeah, even when DWTL announced his Senate bid, the first post was by Rowan, and it said "Carpetbagger." Not a very positive embrace of DWTL.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2009, 04:55:42 PM »

Support 35% Oppose 60% Unsure 5%. Epic Fail.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies