Why is the left-wing of Atlasia split?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 10:33:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Why is the left-wing of Atlasia split?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Why is the left-wing of Atlasia split?  (Read 4196 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 04:02:54 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Thank You Grin When you say this, I must be not so bad.

No. You're the next Friz.

Hey Hamilton, why don't you focus on saving that troll of a friend of yours, ECR from being roasted and spit and ate by Sam Spade for dinner. You only have a few hours left to present your case.

I made a very good case.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 05:09:26 PM »

the electoral system means that there's no need to construct coalitions within parties.

That is, indeed, the reason.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 11:01:30 PM »

When I first joined I had half a mind to join a different party than the one I ended up in. At the time there was a "Regional Protection Party" listed as right of centre. I decided not to join that party because what's the logic in protecting something that is fictional (regions of atlasia) I also heard about a "Jesus Christ Party". I originally thought it was a right-wing party, but read it was left wing. I found the name distasteful (still do) and presumed that since it was so distasteful, and also that since the name was picked to make a supposed point, that the party was far too left wing for me. Had I not known a single player (Earl) I'd have joined the DA.

Exhibit 'A' as to why I want to change our party's name. :-P
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 11:05:17 PM »

The left-wing is united. It's called the LNF.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 04:51:46 AM »

The left-wing is united. It's called the LNF.

LOL
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 06:46:43 AM »

When I first joined I had half a mind to join a different party than the one I ended up in. At the time there was a "Regional Protection Party" listed as right of centre. I decided not to join that party because what's the logic in protecting something that is fictional (regions of atlasia) I also heard about a "Jesus Christ Party". I originally thought it was a right-wing party, but read it was left wing. I found the name distasteful (still do) and presumed that since it was so distasteful, and also that since the name was picked to make a supposed point, that the party was far too left wing for me. Had I not known a single player (Earl) I'd have joined the DA.

Exhibit 'A' as to why I want to change our party's name. :-P

If you did I may well join.

As a non-christian, weather the name is a symbol of ridicule or a symbol of respect, it is offensive. Of course I have the right to be offended; you also have the right to be offended by my offence, and I have the right to be offended by that.

You don't have the right to be offended 4 times though. I've decided that just now. Kthanx
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 07:21:49 AM »

Well, after reading the comments many JCP members made here, I now feel even less likely to want to work with them.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 07:24:55 AM »

Well, after reading the comments many JCP members made here, I now feel even less likely to want to work with them.

It's to their detriment. They've been slobbing on the DA knob, but once the DA dumps them like they did the PCs, the JCP will be stuck in a rut. At least PiT was smart enough to recognize that the LNF, too, is a major force at least equal to the DA from an electoral stand point as shown last election.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 07:35:50 AM »

I've tried many times, to many of your members including yourself, to build or at least start some sort of working relationship with the JCP and LNF, and improve your opinion of us. You have turned us away at every opportunity. I'm not going to take your complaints to us seriously if you've done nothing to even act like you care about improved relations between our parties.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 07:41:43 AM »

I've tried many times, to many of your members including yourself, to build or at least start some sort of working relationship with the JCP and LNF, and improve your opinion of us. You have turned us away at every opportunity. I'm not going to take your complaints to us seriously if you've done nothing to even act like you care about improved relations between our parties.

I didn't turn anyone away.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009, 08:01:52 AM »

I would be open to establishing some form of left-wing political institution such as the old Progressive Caucus, fwiw.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2009, 08:03:45 AM »

I didn't turn anyone away.

Look, I like to think I've built a reputation for at least being honest here in Atlasia, and when I say I've reached out to several LNF member over the last several months at one point or another, I mean it. And when I say I've defended LNF members in private, it's not a lie. And when I say I've ignored warnings spawned from petty JCP vs. 'them' arguments from two years ago in an effort to build a better relationship, it's genuine.

The LNF has rebuffed these efforts, without fail, in every instance. Jas once told me in a private conversation that essentially, the description of the LNF as "the anti-Bgwah liberal party" was accurate. This is backed up by Xahar being so adverse to the JCP and Earl's earlier outright refusal in the year to even consider joining the JCP. The lack of any working relationship between the LNF and the JCP is born almost entirely out of LNF completely ignoring us.

So I get a little irritated when people start throwing a pity party for the LNF claiming that the JCP has snubbed them in some way. It couldn't be further from the truth! In fact, it's almost the complete opposite. The LNF, despite their words, wants almost no relationship with the JCP at all, and their actions have proved this. I've almost given up, but I like to naively believe that people can get along if an effort is actually made.

Of course, I won't lie and say I'm entirely happy with your party. Not very many of you are all that productive in terms of contributing anything. In fact, you seem to take some sort of perverse pride in this. And Earl's actions toward me have made me.. less than pleased. But I have remained probably the loudest voice inside the JCP to working with the LNF wherever possible. But it's not possible if one side refuses to come to the table.

The JCP-DA relationship isn't really born out of ideological brotherhood, although there are significant areas of agreement between us in some cases, but out of an alliance of attitude, if you will. They believe in contributing to the game, being kind, and treating the game maturely, and so do we.

The PCP/RPP only approached you because of A) Hamilton himself and B) They were desperate for a vote-bank after the Democratic Alliance decided to stop being their slaves. There were no areas of agreement between you, almost no mutual respect between many of your members (and if they claimed such, they're lying), and the unethical tactics employed by PiT should've shown there's a reason no one wants to work with them anymore. I genuinely want a relationship between our two parties, not making you our voting side-kicks.
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2009, 12:05:40 PM »

I would be open to establishing some form of left-wing political institution such as the old Progressive Caucus, fwiw.

I am open for a work together with LNF-members and other left-wing Atlasians. I don't think that in a party all people must like each other and it's the same is for a cooperation between two parties. This isn't in real live different. The political goals of JCP and LNF are not so far away from each other and to achieve them is still the most important.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 02:01:35 PM »

Yes, I'm adverse to the JCP. Of course I'm adverse to the JCP. I have no problems working with you fellows as individuals or in, say, a nonpartisan left-wing organization, but it'll be a long time before I forget the February 2008 Senate election. If you were serious about left-wing unity, you wouldn't have joined that party.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »

What sort of relationship do you want with the LNF, Marokai? An alliance (formal or otherwise) between the two parties would be problematic - in the LNF there's little trust in the JCP as an organisation, and even less in your Leader (Xahar's post above is a good example, but there are others in the LNF with even more "extreme" views on the issue). On the other hand, I don't think there would be much opposition to working with each other outside formal Party structures - especially as a lot of us are old timers and as there is a precedent for such an organisation.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »

What sort of relationship do you want with the LNF, Marokai? An alliance (formal or otherwise) between the two parties would be problematic - in the LNF there's little trust in the JCP as an organisation, and even less in your Leader (Xahar's post above is a good example, but there are others in the LNF with even more "extreme" views on the issue). On the other hand, I don't think there would be much opposition to working with each other outside formal Party structures - especially as a lot of us are old timers and as there is a precedent for such an organisation.

Something like that is fine.. We don't need to have some formal alliance with one another (Not that I'm opposed to this, I just figured your party would be) but less animosity between our parties would be appreciated. Xahar is sort of proving my point when he points to an incident that occurred over 20 months ago as to why he's so hostile to the JCP at times, that's what I wish we could get over!

Alot of people talk about how the voting system we have prevents 'splitting' of votes or losing votes because of party differences but not ideological ones. Perhaps that's true for the most part, but your party wasn't exactly completely supportive of the candidate in the last election after you that, by all reasonable measures, is closer to them ideologically. The left is more unified than it has been in quite some time, but not entirely, and if we can't unite under one banner, at least ideological unity should be the goal.

I simply wish we could get over these ancient conflicts from way back when that happened between the JCP and certain now-LNF members, and at least try to place a smidge more trust in each other.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »

Yes, I'm adverse to the JCP. Of course I'm adverse to the JCP. I have no problems working with you fellows as individuals or in, say, a nonpartisan left-wing organization, but it'll be a long time before I forget the February 2008 Senate election. If you were serious about left-wing unity, you wouldn't have joined that party.

I no longer employ the same tactics as I did in the past. Furthermore, what position are you in to criticize the JCP? You did the exact same thing with Cookies & Milk that Ebowed did with Friz. Just because you failed doesn't make you a better person.

You're mad because you were never able to get elected in the Pacific despite your grandiose claims of "taking down the machine."

You claim you're upset because of past tactics, but this does not make sense as you attempted the same tactics. You're mad because we beat you and nothing more.

You're not the one who needs to be forgetting. You're easily one of the worst criminals in Atlasian history. It will be a while before we forget December 2008.

I was willing to work with you. Give you a chance. And look what you did with it.

But of course, while the LNF welcomes disgraces like Xahar and Hamilton*, they continue to vilify me. Why are our past actions what you still define us with, but not these two? (*Hamilton hasn't changed one bit, and I doubt Xahar as either, but that's beside the point)

Earl--you were discussing JCP reforms with me when you suddenly quit talking to me to form your own party. So pardon me if I don't trust you anymore. Furthermore, don't you think you should be learning to count before you get so involved in partisan politics?

I want to get over past disputes, but what is Al doing with this New Mexico non-sense? Fanning the flames of past feuds? Grow up.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 04:13:21 PM »

I would really like to know which "practices" you are alluding to. Is it again zombie voting ? Maybe it isn't new, but now we need to legislate on this domain.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »

The LNF welcomes disgraces like Hamilton.

I don't, hell I did try to kick him out.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2009, 05:58:45 PM »

I no longer employ the same tactics as I did in the past. Furthermore, what position are you in to criticize the JCP? You did the exact same thing with Cookies & Milk that Ebowed did with Friz. Just because you failed doesn't make you a better person.

Friz was an Ebowed sock?!?!??!!?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2009, 06:00:31 PM »

Not quite, maybe you need to read more old threads. Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2009, 06:01:54 PM »

AHhaha I knew Ebowed was even worse than what I already knew. Of course, he's just another example of the JCP's problems, a do-nothing GM and Lt. Gov.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »

Its pretty damn simple, the JCP is the left of today and the LNF is made of trolls, frauds, and respectable leftists of the past who just don't want to associate with the JCP.  I would be the equilvalent of the right having more people like MasterJedi and those people broke off into their own party.  The thing is the right never really that many big players and those that are still left are in the RPP or not in a party at all.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »

Sam Spade is probably the most high-profile right-winger remaining and he is not in the RPP and don't give me that "he votes for us bs" because look at August results and get back to me.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2009, 06:10:54 PM »

Sam Spade is probably the most high-profile right-winger remaining and he is not in the RPP and don't give me that "he votes for us bs" because look at August results and get back to me.
Spade has been associated with the Atlasian right, he leans that way but certainly part of the Atlasian right.  The furthest back the Atlasian right really goes in today's game is people like myself and BrandonH
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies