Steele's official blog on RNC website titled 'What Up?' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:13:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Steele's official blog on RNC website titled 'What Up?' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Steele's official blog on RNC website titled 'What Up?'  (Read 4772 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« on: October 13, 2009, 08:42:20 PM »

The entire new website is just horrible.

Really?  I've been extremely dissatisfied with Steele's chairmanship thus far, but I like the new site.  What do you find wrong with it?  I might be missing some things, being that I have no experience in web/graphic design. 
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:21:28 PM »

Really?  I've been extremely dissatisfied with Steele's chairmanship thus far, but I like the new site.  What do you find wrong with it?  I might be missing some things, being that I have no experience in web/graphic design. 

in general, the first black chairman's blog should not be called "What Up," the administrator's login & passord as well as the RNC chairman's gmail password should not be posted, and the GOP's "New Leader" section should not take you to an empty 404 error page.

In addition to all the things Lunar mentioned, I just think the overall design concept isn't particularly visually appealing. The red is way too bright and bold, there's way too much open space and embedded material with links, waaay too much text... I haven't looked through it all but my initial impression was not very good.

I didn't see the "What Up" section, and wasn't aware of the password stuff.  I also didn't really click any of the tabs or explore the site past the intro page.  I guess I just found the site aesthetically pleasing, as opposed to testing its functionality.

paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 12:09:47 AM »

Paul, if you don't mind me asking, how could you not be aware of the "What Up" section, it being included in the title of this thread and all?

When I clicked the link, it took me to a blog entry by Steele titled "Change the Game".  I didn't see "What Up" anywhere, so I assumed it was a joke made by the original poster.  I don't know if I'm not looking hard enough, but I'll take your word for it.  It wouldn't surprise me, coming from Steele and all.  Tongue
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 11:47:52 AM »

I expected Steele to make a concerted outreach toward African-Americans, but I didn't expect it to be so patently dishonest.  I knew they should've elected Anuzis.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »

Up until Steele, I thought Dean was the most inept party chairman (he's not even CLOSE to Steele)

WTF? Dean did a great job.

Agree with Xahar here... Dean's 50 state strategy as well as his fundraising numbers place him as one of the best Party Chairmen of all time.

Also, didn't Dean focus on recruiting moderate Dems and military veterans to win back the South?  He's done a good job.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies