Your position on abortion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:35:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Your position on abortion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Poll
Question: Pro-life or Pro-choice
Strongly Pro-life
Pro-life
In the middle (or both for you Kerry fans)
Pro-choice
Strongly Pro-Choice
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Your position on abortion  (Read 27590 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2004, 01:50:34 PM »

STRONGLY PRO-CHOICE!!!  Yay NARAL and Planned Parenthood.  I am a card carrying member by the way.

“GirlGoneWild"... calm down, firstly I'm a strongly pro-life but that’s by the by... just answer me this...

Are you for real?

I'd really like to know. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2004, 01:52:39 PM »

STRONGLY PRO-CHOICE!!!  Yay NARAL and Planned Parenthood.  I am a card carrying member by the way.

“GirlGoneWild"... calm down, firstly I'm a strongly pro-life but that’s by the by... just answer me this...

Are you for real?

I'd really like to know. 

She's the latest troll. The sad thing is, Ben, these people are real. In her profile, she claims to be from Center City in Philadelphia (the heart of liberalism in PA). If this is true, I have no doubt that she is "for real" in her opinion on abortion.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2004, 02:00:54 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2004, 02:14:03 PM by Ben. »

My stance on abortion is that there are exceptional circumstances where a pregnancy may need to be terminated and that driving abortion underground would be a bad thing… however that does not excuse what IMHO is the deny an innocent life the right to a future, education both in the schools and at home is essential if the number of “unwanted” pregnancies is to be reduced but despite this I think abortion within the first trimester of a pregnancy should remain legal but beyond that should be illegal unless there is a risk to the health of the mother or the child is likely to suffer from some serious illness or defect.

While Personally I would never want anyone to have an abortion, not least someone who might be carrying my child, I think that the most which can be done is to regulate and limit the time span and circumstances in which a termination may occur, unfettered access to abortion is just morally wrong in that it support the idea of society where life is cheap and compassion for and protection of the weak is an irrelevance.

In the end what kind of society do you want to live in? Personally I want to live in a society that encourages personal responsibility and accept that we have obligations not just to our selves but to all others and that includes the defenceless life in a woman’s womb.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2004, 02:01:40 PM »

Are you for real?

I'd really like to know. 

She's the latest troll. The sad thing is, Ben, these people are real. In her profile, she claims to be from Center City in Philadelphia (the heart of liberalism in PA). If this is true, I have no doubt that she is "for real" in her opinion on abortion.

Ah well... nothing new then, my party continues to go to "Hell in a Hand basket"   
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2004, 02:19:45 PM »

I believe in complete sexual autonomy, in every trimester; I also believe a mother should have up to 12 hours to kill the baby after he/she has been born.

*is sick*
DaleC76
Rookie

« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2004, 02:46:13 PM »

Are you for real?

I'd really like to know. 

Ah well... nothing new then, my party continues to go to "Hell in a Hand basket"   

[Hypnosis] Join us, Ben...  Join us...  Elephants are cooler than donkeys...  Blue avatars are more pleasing to the eyes...  Republicans get more chicks... Join us.. [/Hypnosis]

Tongue
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2004, 03:07:23 PM »

Are you for real?

I'd really like to know. 

[Hypnosis] Join us, Ben...  Join us...  Elephants are cooler than donkeys...  Blue avatars are more pleasing to the eyes...  Republicans get more chicks... Join us.. [/Hypnosis]

Tongue

Yellow Dog till I die or get purged, I’m afraid Smiley

On Economics though I’m probably too much of a Democrat to ever go over to the GOP
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2004, 03:35:51 PM »

Dibble, like I said I am moderatley pro-choice. I posted those pictures only to show how serious of a proceedure it is. It should be safe, legal, and RARE. However, people like GirlGoneWild act like it's not so serious at all.

I understand, but that's not an excuse to use such tactics. People like GirlGoneWind won't get it even if you post that kind of thing - in fact it probably makes them disgusted with your argument.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2004, 11:39:46 PM »

Is that something you'd like to announce and be proud of?

Hey I know women who are.

How can you be proud of murder?

No, no...to them it's a woman's "choice." There's no taking of an innocent life involved. It's just the woman's "right" to control her body.

Like it's that simple.  You carry a baby and understand what a girl goes through. ASS!

It was your choice to carry that baby, Troll!

In a way everyone is pro-choice. I believe in the right to choose whether or not to get pregnant. You believe in the right to choose whether or not to take away someone elses right to choose. It is different if you are raped, but even then adoption is a MUCH better alternative. At least it has a chance at life.
WiseGuy

« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2004, 01:15:03 PM »

Strongly pro-life.  I believe that abortion is murder, and I would not support it under any circumstances, but each person must follow their own conscience and I would not want to see a return to back alley slaughterhouses. 

Planned Parenthood needs to stop pushing abortion as an acceptable safety net for people who choose to have sex outside of marriage or before they are ready to become parents.
gumbiegirl007
Rookie

« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2004, 07:21:32 PM »

pro-choice...and that is a relatively new development for me.  i've learned in nursing school that you cannot be judgmental of other people's decisions.  while i personally don't agree with abortion nor could i choose to have one myself, i cannot look at another woman and tell her what is right for her lifestyle or what she can do with her body.  i do, however, think that partial birth should be illegal....it's disgusting....if you've carried the child this long you might as well finish the pregnancy and put the child up for adoption, and with all the medical interventions today i have a hard time with the "what if that mom's life is in danger" question because there are so many other options.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2004, 08:48:11 AM »

i do, however, think that partial birth should be illegal....it's disgusting....

The whole 'partial birth' abortion fuss is just a political ploy to get votes and advance the agenda of eliminating all abortion.  If an early abortion is a private matter, than so is a later one.   
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2004, 11:53:18 AM »

i do, however, think that partial birth should be illegal....it's disgusting....

The whole 'partial birth' abortion fuss is just a political ploy to get votes and advance the agenda of eliminating all abortion.  If an early abortion is a private matter, than so is a later one.   

So it should be legal to kill a fetus two days before this kid is born?
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2004, 01:28:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, it is. But keeping it legal is just an excuse to keep all abortion legal.

Abortion is a cruel crime that kills a living, individual, human being with no crime on it's life. 95% of abortions are done in cases of convenience, and only 5% are done becuase of rape, threat to the mother's life, and fetal impairment. That means that of the 3000 abortions done every day, only 150 are done because of those few cases.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2004, 01:49:14 PM »

Yes, the mother should be allowed to kill the kid after it has been born.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2004, 02:01:57 PM »

Once the baby is born it is a citizen of the United States by the Constitution, highest law of the land, and therefore has all protections afforded to citizens. It would be murder.
TheBulldog
Rookie

« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2004, 02:15:04 PM »

I am strongly against abortion. 
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2004, 05:09:44 PM »

Pro-life. Rape/Incest/Life of the Mother exceptions, and for the health of the mother IF it is a real problem and not "oh, I have morning sickness".

Ditto
gumbiegirl007
Rookie

« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2004, 07:16:12 PM »

The whole 'partial birth' abortion fuss is just a political ploy to get votes and advance the agenda of eliminating all abortion. If an early abortion is a private matter, than so is a later one.

partial birth abortion isn't just a fuss.  it's brutal, and quite disgusting.  the fact that you are sucking the brain out of something should just scream "wrong".  my biggest problem with partial birth is that the fetus is at the age of viablity very often, which medically is 20 weeks.  often, these infants could survive outside the uterus (with massive medical intervention, of course).  the woman should really be more responsible and have the pregnancy terminated earlier if it's that important to her. 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2004, 02:00:08 AM »

That's disgusting!
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2004, 02:06:53 AM »

That's disgusting!

To be expected, he is a Maoist. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2004, 03:32:28 AM »

The whole 'partial birth' abortion fuss is just a political ploy to get votes and advance the agenda of eliminating all abortion. If an early abortion is a private matter, than so is a later one.

partial birth abortion isn't just a fuss.  it's brutal, and quite disgusting.  the fact that you are sucking the brain out of something should just scream "wrong".  my biggest problem with partial birth is that the fetus is at the age of viablity very often, which medically is 20 weeks.  often, these infants could survive outside the uterus (with massive medical intervention, of course).  the woman should really be more responsible and have the pregnancy terminated earlier if it's that important to her. 

I actually agree with that position.  I also support NARAL about 90% of the time on other issues though.  This may be shocking since I oppose requiring parental notification, but your position makes sense.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2004, 12:06:19 AM »

How can an abortion be safe when their is a casualty? Wasn't safe enought to protect the baby was it Mr. President?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2004, 02:38:45 AM »

Pro-Choice, but not strongly as I only support it in the first trimester
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49