All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:51:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 993813 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 28, 2012, 08:19:58 AM »
« edited: October 08, 2012, 05:36:43 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Time for an update:

Gender/Sex: Male
Race: White
Ethnic Composition: About half Scottish and half Irish, with a little bit of German (Pennsylvania Dutch.)
Religion: Seventh-day Adventist (But I'm more of a Progressive Adventist and consider myself first and foremost a Christian.)
Height: 6'8" (Not a typo--I'm really that tall!)
Weight: About 210 lb.
Where you were born: Saginaw, MI
People you most admire: Jesus, Paul the Apostle, Abraham the Patriarch, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr., Jonathan Daniels, Fanny Crosby, Walt Disney, Chuck Jones, Dick Clark, Casey Kasem, Wolfman Jack,  and many more
Favorite Bands: The Who, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Huey Lewis and the News, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, Styx, Chicago, Boston, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Electric Light Orchestra, Queen, The Doobie Brothers, The Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly and the Crickets, The Shirelles, The Crystals, the Bee Gees, Deep Purple, The Righteous Brothers, Patty Smyth and Scandal, Herman's Hermits, Diana Ross and the Supremes, Martha and the Vandellas, The Romantics, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band,  Jan and Dean, The Rolling Stones, Steve Miller Band, Hall and Oates, and MANY more (All of these are evident from my username)
Favorite President: Dwight D. Eisenhower
Favorite Politicians: Abraham Lincoln, Thaddeus Stevens, Charles Sumner, Nelson Rockefeller, George H. W. Bush, George W. Bush, Everett Dirksen, Ronald Reagan, William G. Milliken, Tom McCall, Bill Scranton, Mark Hatfield, Jim Edgar, Gerald Ford, Bill Weld, and many more
Favorite TV Shows: My Life as a Teenage Robot, Monk, ALF, Not Just Another Cable News Show, Behind the Music: Remastered, Full House, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The BS of A with Brian Sack
Favorite Movies: Space Jam, Osmosis Jones, Cinderella (Disney animated version), Toy Story, Matilda, Mulan, A Goofy Movie, Looney Tunes: Back in Action, Rudy, Aladdin, Robin Hood (Disney animated versions on the last two)
Favorite Sports Teams: Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions, New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Michigan Wolverines, Michigan State Spartans, San Francisco 49ers, Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Other Interests: Traditional Animation, Sports, Movies, Game Shows, Religion, Politics, Music
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »

Maybe because of how interested and inspired I am by the civil rights movement.  Nope, I am definitely white.  I probably have some black ancestry somewhere, though.  We're all a mix of races in reality, but I just happen to be overwhelmingly more white than anything else. 
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:55:51 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2012, 09:26:46 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Place I grew up and joined USEAF: Mt. Prospect, IL, USA

I have relatives who used to live in Mt. Prospect.  They moved out about ten years ago, but that's still cool.  Small world, huh?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 03:15:48 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2018, 09:00:04 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Sex: Male
Sexual preference: Heterosexual
Race: White/Caucasian
Ethnicity/Ancestry: Scottish, Irish German (Pennsylvania Dutch), Canadian
Religion: Seventh-day Adventist (officially; I'm not necessarily enamored with their more "distinct" doctrines and have recently been looking into Seventh Day Baptists)
Height: 6'8"
Blood Type: A+
Hand Dominance: Right
Political Party: Republican
Political Orientation/Philosophy: Center-right, neoconservative, progressive conservative, Christian democrat, liberal feminist, pro-life feminist, anti-communist, anti-fascist
Where you were born: Saginaw, Michigan (sing it with me)
People you most admire:
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Sports: American football, baseball, basketball, ice hockey
Favorite Music types: Rock, jazz, blues, gospel, tap dancing
Favorite Bands The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Ronettes, The Mamas and the Papas, The Who, Martha and the Vandellas, The Supremes, Huey Lewis and the News, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Foreigner, The Righteous Brothers, The Crystals, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Steve Miller Band, Glenn Miller, The Everly Brothers, Simon and Garfunkel, Hall and Oates, Herman's Hermits, Chicago, Boston
Favorite Solo Musicians/Singers: Roy Orbison, Darlene Love, Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, Neil Sedaka, Connie Francis, Bobby Darin, Patsy Cline, Elton John, Phil Collins, Pat Benatar, Louis Armstrong, Dean Martin
Favorite Presidents: Dwight D. Eisenhower, George H.W. Bush, Gerald Ford, Abraham Lincoln, George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, James Madison, John Adams, George Washington
Favorite Sports teams: Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Tigers, Detroit Red Wings, Michigan Wolverines, Michigan State Spartans
Favorite Foods: Fried chicken, Chicago style deep dish pizza, Fritos, Caesar salad,
Favorite Drinks: Ice water, unsweetened iced tea, Dr Pepper, Mr. Pibb, Coke, Pepsi, Cherry Coke/Pepsi, grape juice, cranberry juice
Favorite Movies: Space Jam, Osmosis Jones, Cinderella (Disney's animated one), The Iron Giant, Thumbelina, Mulan
Favorite TV Shows: My Life as a Teenage Robot, Monk, Not Just Another Cable News Show, ALF, Full House, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, The Weakest Link, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Press Your Luck, The Price is Right, Good Eats
Favorite Books: Courage and Consequence by Karl Rove, Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Favorite Video Games: Pokemon Red/Blue, Pokemon Gold/Silver, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash
Other Interests: Religion, history, animation, statistics
When I Joined: June 2012
2012 Presidential Vote: Mitt Romney
2016 Presidential Vote: Evan McMullin (write-in)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 03:43:16 PM »

Ten Things You Probably Don't Know About Me

1. I am distantly related to Neil Armstrong, Frankie Ballard, and possibly Mike Pence
2. I have a scar on my left middle finger from poking myself with a very sharp pencil as a child
3. I have lived in the same house my entire life to date
4. My grandfather was one of the world's youngest boxing promoters at one time and knew a series of notable boxers, including Joe Louis and Jack Dempsey
5. I was the first student to receive a perfect score on an exam in one of my college classes
6. My uncle is a minister and a senior pastor to one of the largest LCMS congregations in the US; he once told a story at a seminar attended by Max Lucado, who put the story in one of his books
7. I have never travelled outside the US and have never been further west or south than Texas (to date)
8. I have never seen any Star Wars film and did not see The Wizard of Oz until I was 16
9. I have sat inside the bus where Rosa Parks was arrested
10. My grandparents operated a restaurant early in their marriage and used one of the first microwaves while there
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies