All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:48:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 992563 times)
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 24, 2017, 06:01:10 PM »

Birthdate:
Height: 6'1''
Race: White
Ethnicity: Italian, German (1/16 Jewish ethnically), Scotch-Irish
Religion: Catholic
Language: English, very limited Spanish
Current Location: MI
Birthplace: Detroit, MI
Favorite Presidents: Kennedy, Ford
Political Orientation: Centrist
Favorite Food: Chicken Pot Pie
Favorite TV show: Big Bang Theory, America's Got Talent
Favorite Movie: Apollo 13
Favorite Color:
Favorite Sports Teams: Tigers, Cubs
Favorite Music Genre: Pop, Rock
Favorite Video Game:
Do you live by yourself? No
Siblings: 1
Relationship Status: Single
What year did you join? 2013
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 10:11:08 PM »

I teach mathematics full time (at the high school honors and college/university level).

The aspects of politics that appeal to me most are the chess-game aspects (with red and blue states and counties replacing black and white squares and pieces) and the statistical aspects. Perhaps only baseball has more statistics readily available.  I am also interested in demographic changes in the parties over time.

Historically I have voted Republican for President (from 1984 through 2008 I voted GOP 6 times and for none of the above once). I voted third party in the last 2 elections and regular vote a split or mixed ticket.

My attraction to Atlas is (1) exposure to various points of view in a respectful form and (2) learning about or becoming aware of political or social trends I may have been unaware of.

Hobbies:
Karaoke, board games

Trivia:
I didn't eat my first slice of pizza until I was 15.
I ran for treasurer my junior year in high school, losing by about 5% of the vote. (My campaign slogan was "It Makes Sense... and Cents".
I shared a university dorm with a nephew of Alan Dershowitz.
My Linear Algebra teacher in college was Glamour Magazine's Woman of the Year.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 07:16:53 PM »

Rather than be seen as creating a thread "all about me!", I'll just post here.

It's Friday, August 17, 2018, shortly after 8 PM EDT.

My high school students return to school Monday. My university students return the following Monday. In addition, I am beginning a masters program in Liberal Studies and Leadership. (I already hold a masters degree in Applied Statistics).

At a relatively advanced age (I turn 52 in a few weeks), I look forward to learning more about my society, my country, and the world, and how to effectively lead in such a way that promotes the good that humanity has to offer.

Not only that, but I am planning to learn to speak Polish! (I have no Polish ethnicity that I am aware of, but a lot of my friends, neighbors, and associates do).

I have much to lean on: my Catholic faith, my public school education, the support of my family and friends. I feel I am reasonably informed, but I just want to say that the last few weeks of interacting with participants on the Forum (at times intensely) has caused me to examine some of my assumptions and, I think, made me a better person.

I sincerely hope you (the reader) feel the same about my posts, if that is what you seek from this Forum. If not, then I hope at least you aren't too bored or wish I would go away.

I will be very busy, and my visits to this Forum in the coming months will probably be few and far between. I look forward to this coming school year, and perhaps sharing a few of my newly-learned tidbits on this Forum.

Happy posting everyone!
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 07:28:48 PM »

It's good to be back. It was a busy school year, which unfortunately saw the death of my stepfather (I've been looking after my Mom and had to quit studying Polish, at least for now).

I've made a few new comments and posts, mostly under Election Results, Election 2020, Past What-ifs, and Alternate histories. I just ran another mathematical model of the 2020 Presidential election, probably more accurate than the first one, but who really knows?

I enjoy karaoke and board games, as well as pop and some alternative, folk, and independent music.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies