All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:39:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 994982 times)
seanobr
Rookie
United States

« on: December 04, 2010, 02:20:02 AM »
« edited: December 04, 2010, 02:45:41 AM by seanobr »

Almost every post I've made here has been on the topic of North Korea, and since I'd rather not have anyone presume it's an obsession, I've decided to introduce myself:

Race - Ethnicity: Predominantly Irish
Religion: Roman Catholic
Height: 5 ft. 10 in.
Weight: 160 lbs.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Party of Choice: Republican

Favorite President: For the enormity of his achievements, Abraham Lincoln, but honorable mention to James Polk for his efficacy and Richard Nixon, in deference to the complexity of the man, his intellect, foreign policy, and pragmatism.
Founding Father: As a Catholic, I can forgive John Jay's bigotry and recognize his career of service and staunch abolitionist beliefs.
Invariably Admire: As the first presidential election I was cognizant of, it's interesting reading about the John McCain of 2000 vintage, wondering what might have been and lamenting the eventual erosion of his convictions.  Dan Gurney.  David Souter.  Jeane J. Kirkpatrick, for being a forceful advocate at the U.N.  Every son who has a close relationship with their father feels a strong admiration there, even moreso if you don't have siblings like myself.
Favorite Book: I was rather enamored with The Foundation Trilogy and its prequels and sequels when I was younger.  Something I have in common with Paul Krugman, evidently.
Magazine: I'm a subscriber to The Economist.
Favorite Shows: Fareed Zakaria, Political Capital with Al Hunt, BBC World News on PBS, The Lively Experiment.
Diverging away from current events, Alec Guinness as George Smiley in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Smiley's People, simply the best television I have ever had the pleasure of viewing; Seinfeld, Quantum Leap, and The Twilight Zone.  I enjoyed the original CSI earlier in its run, but eventually migrated away from it -- the hour long crime drama genre has run its course, I think.  I also secretly appreciate the first three series's of a certain science fiction franchise I'd rather not publicly embrace the stigma of.
Music: I have to confess that I'm simply not much of a music person, but generally my tastes trend toward jazz and classical.
Favorite Sports Team: Boston Red Sox.  I was a supporter of Renault Formula One this year, but that can change.

Interests: International relations and foreign policy, auto racing, golf, baseball, naval history, writing and debating, technology, moderate conservatism.

Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? Never.

If I could pick a nationality: Actually, I quite like being an American and don't believe one's objection to our government has to evolve into self-loathing.  But if dissent is the highest form of patriotism, then pride in one's country must be tempered by accountability and circumspection.  I see nothing wrong with apologizing for America when it's the correct thing to do.  No one is infallible, and it's narcissistic or delusional to suggest otherwise.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies