All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:47:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 986743 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: October 25, 2008, 01:13:53 AM »

LOL.

It seems like every school you've ever been in has been terrible.

I've been in three schools. Only this one hasn't been that awful. AIS-R was the worst, the German-French school was set in 1950.

The smaller is the town/school, the better is the school?

My schools and teachers were always very good. Besides an hysterical art teacher who said than I will be a murderer and I shoulg to jail be fore that and a very very very boring physics teacher.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 01:51:34 AM »

LOL.

It seems like every school you've ever been in has been terrible.

I've been in three schools. Only this one hasn't been that awful. AIS-R was the worst, the German-French school was set in 1950.

The smaller is the town/school, the better is the school?

My schools and teachers were always very good. Besides an hysterical art teacher who said than I will be a murderer and I shoulg to jail be fore that and a very very very boring physics teacher.

Really?

In summary, yes. She also said than I was a danger for the society. To summarize what happened, another began to violently and voluntary hit me during her course. She saw and did nothing. I reacted and this became a fight with the other student. She separated us. She acted with the other student like an innocent victim and she began to yell to me in front of the class. He answered her than she was incompetent, than she shouldn't be there because she has not basic notions of pedagogy and than she should stop to think than she know everything because she has a university diploma in arts. The bell rings, everybody exits the classroom but me and she said me that.

That finished in the principal office and I got a exemption from art courses for the remainder of the year.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 12:35:17 AM »

Hi,
My name is Antonio. I live in France and I don't speak English very well.
I am 15 but I'm very interested about politics, and U.S. politics in particular. About my political ideas, I'm a progressive and social-democrat. I energically support Barack Obama.

Bonjour! J'ai étudié le français pour trois années, mais mon français est très mal. J'ai reçu un "C" dans mon classe. Embarrassed

C? You deserved better. Your sentence is almost good. That should look like: ''Bonjour! J'ai étudié le français pour trois années, mais mon français est très mauvais. J'ai reçu un "C" dans ma classe.''
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 11:05:48 PM »

Actually, "J'ai étudié le français pour trois ans" is more correct.

"J'ai étudié le français durant trois ans" is even more correct.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 07:17:48 PM »

If you could pick your own nationality, what nationality would you pick? I like being Italian, but I'd love to be a minority to get better financial aid

Stupid state! Your race shouldn't matter when they give financial aid.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 04:16:39 PM »

I'm sorry but I don't buy for even one minute that someone knows they are bi-sexual at 14
Did you know you were straight at 14?
Yeah, but I fail to see the point.  Being bi-sexual shouldn't cross the mind of a 14-yr-old
*facepalm*

You discover than you are bisexual because you are attracted by both guys and girls. At 14, you are able to know who attracts you!
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 12:29:41 AM »

Wait, I can't be reading this right.  It's either got to be a typo, kidding around or I need to cut down on the late night tea drinking sessions.  Huh

Your reading it right, and 'im not playing around. I don't get why it's shocking since, I'm not as Anti-gay as most Conservatives are. I support gay adoption and Gays in the military.

So lets say you find a guy you fall in love with. Are ya still gonna oppose Same-Sex Marriage?

By the way: Straight as a freaking Pole. (Boring I know. Smiley)

100% yes

I remember to persons in this thread than the deny phase can take a long time.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 12:16:56 AM »

Ah, defending the liberty of the businesses exploiting their employees and the liberty of oppressing minorities and poor people.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 02:21:59 AM »

Ah, defending the liberty of the businesses exploiting their employees and the liberty of oppressing minorities and poor people.

I suppose this isn't the place to argue this, but you need to put more faith in the markets, my friend.

Right, so the top 10% of Americans can control 100% of the wealth as opposed to the 80% they control now.

Government and political structure has a lot more to do with the wealthy having so much money than the markets do. Absent bailouts, insider deals, subsidies, etc the people would have a lot more power. Adam Smith knew what he was talking about. Are you sure you're a libertarian?

Sure, a perfectly free market in a perfect world would work very well and would be better than every other option.

But, the market isn't free, even if state doesn't involve with it.
In many areas, there is only one business offering a service (monopoly) or only a couple ones, which often cooperate with each other in order to bring prices higher and to ban potential competitors from entering the market (oligopoly).

Free market can only work with small businesses, because the big ones always finish by changing the rules of game in their advantage. Why food in convinence stores is more expensive than in groceries? Because grossists are selling food cheaper to the groceries. And there is plenty of exemples like that.

Big corporations and businesses are too well integrated and built to allow free competition.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 07:40:59 AM »

To be honest, free market should work.
But, we don't have free market now, we only have cartels and oligopolies which plot together to give us the cheapest product possible, at the highest price possible and with the shortest lifetime possible.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 05:18:17 PM »

Relationship Status: Single, and probably will be for all of eternity.

Don't ever say that. It's a very bad minding. I can only recommend you to study very hard, in the meantime, in order to be able to move out of the influence sphere of your family.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies