All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:05:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 994766 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: June 25, 2008, 01:31:28 PM »
« edited: June 25, 2008, 05:30:37 PM by tsionebreicruoc »

Well, after 254 messages here's a short presentation of what we could call my person:

Age: born the day where Yannick Noah won Rolland Garros. You can search and calculate. Oh ok, ok, I'll avoid you searching, I'll give you the date, 1983. Will you succeed in calculating alone? ;-)

Race/ethnic composition: I tend to be what we can call "white", and when the sun shines I take some colors which tend to brown, but just on arms, because I use to be in T-shirt. Then, I'm French, and as far as I know, my grand-grand-parents, I've not other origin.

Religion: Baptized Roman Catholic, went to catechism 2 years when child, did my 1st communion, but to me what some call "God" is just a spiritual concept, so I don't believe in what some call "God". Religion? I think it will be THE point of this century...

Height: I don't know with english measures.

Weight: Same thing, I don't know with english measures.

Location: Geographically, I'm currently in a village of the South West of France. Mentally, I use to try to be where the future would be... I don't say I succeed in, I just say I try...

Occupation: Watching and wondering, and currently I also help my father who is setting on an exploitation of organic vegetables, that's why I'm in a village.

Party of Choice: I don't have one, I no more really believe in politics. Don't you remember? I've already told you. I think THE point will be religion...

Favorite President: Well, I'll say of the 5th French republic, Charles De Gaulle.

Favorite Sports: Hmm, I would say soccer, maybe cycling too, but anyway I don't really practice each of them. For me sports became more something that happens on TV. And on TV, I can watch a lot of different sports, that's interesting, especially concerning the place it takes in our modern societies.

Favorite Book:
I don't have read a lot, and I think that book is a dying format, and that writing will have to find new ways of existing and also to do a large place to video. This said, there are 2 books I liked a lot: "1984" by Georges Orwell and "Brave new world" by Aldous Huxley.

Favorite Movies: First, a Japanese one, "The glamorous life of Sachiko Hanaï" (2003) by Mitsuru Meikei , I really recommend it, I really love the provocating lightness and humor of this movie, that's not for children, very explicit. Second, "Un film parlé" (2003) by Manoel de Oliveira a Portuguese, I think the film is very pertinent concerning what it says about our epoch and the end is surprising. Last one, "O'Brother", with G. Clooney, I love the lightness of this movie and also the soundtrack.

Favorite Show: If that means my favorite TV series, that's unmistakably South Park, even if in France it is on paying Channel that I don't have.

Favorite persons on Atlas: I love everyone, and even outside of Atlas!

Favorite Colors: Here's something I never really wondered about, I know the colors I don't like, but my favorites, I can't really say...

Your other Interests: Watching, wondering, being on the Net, especially writing on forums.

Do you live by yourself? No, at my father's home.

Do you have any siblings? 2 small brothers, 4 years between each brothers.

Are you married? No, and as far as know, I don't really expect to be one day.

What year did you join Atlas? 2007

Do you have any nieces, nephews?
Strange question, no, I don't.

What's your favorite candidate from the 2 major parties?
Wow! Well, I prefer the personality of Obama, but I don't feel he is enough strong to well manage the power in this epoch. Maybe I'm wrong.

What city did you grow up in? My parents moved a lot during my childhood, so I moved a lot with them, quite only in the south part of France, in different places of it, in different sorts of places, in country, in different middle cities.

Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? Hmm, no.

If you could pick your own nationality, what nationality would you pick?
If ever I would have to do such a choice, I'll analyze the present situation and I'll choose what I'll consider as the best for me. Presently, I've no problem with the French one, which does not mean that I have no problem with France... ;-)

Post the most recent picture of yourself here:

I don't have some on the computer, and I'm not a fan of being pictured, this said, I'm not always looking to avoid it, but I don't really look for it.

Well, here we are, all questions answered.

To finish this presentation, I would like to say that I'm aware that my English is not very perfect and very rich, but, indulge me, I'm French! I don't say that only for joke, in France, we do as if everyone was speaking our language abroad, so we don't learn foreign languages very well, especially english. We are not the only one to do it, but these who speak English can do like it, us, we just can't! More of that we don't really accept words from abroad, we often try to translate everything in French. Well, this said, this way of thinking goes down and down, and is anyway downer than in Quebec I think. Here, youth don't really care about it, and in their language there must be at least 1/4 of english, at least!

Well, well, well, what to say after it...?

Hmm, I'm really interesting in trying to see what could happen in the future, and I try to do it without telling me some fairy tales. I do it because I think that if we want to give us the best future and to take the best decisions at present, we must wonder on what could be the future. I think that for humanity short-term is a non-sense, the only possibility to continue is to think in long-term. So, you can imagine what I think of our epoch...

Well, well, well, other things...?

Hmm, I enjoy Atlas, the fact to can meet peoples from different part of the world, even if quite all from West, and to can discuss of what's happening in the world. Yeah, I enjoy that.

So, and I'll finish this presentation message by this,

Thanks!
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »

If you could pick your own nationality, what nationality would you pick? I like being Italian, but I'd love to be a minority to get better financial aid

Stupid state! Your race shouldn't matter when they give financial aid.

Yes, that's weird. That's just in NJ or in US as a whole?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 05:04:52 PM »

Back in the city of Castres. Area of the Albinque. Between the Jean Jaurès museum and the supermarket Champion (which is going to be a Carrefour one). That's a corner of the center of the city. See?  Anyways, some youngs are playing techno enough loudly especially for a Thursday night...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »

It's possible to legally work at 14 in the US?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »

It's possible to legally work at 14 in the US?

I think that will give you my answer.

I deduce it is possible in Canada, which surprises me.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 10:04:37 AM »

You can work at age 14 in the U.S. in certain jobs, but the rules are strict.  Something like no more than 15 hours per week, no more than 3 hours on a school night and the shift must end before 7pm or 9pm on a non-school night.

About the only places that employe 14 and 15 year olds are fast food restaurants and occasionally places like grocery stores (grocery baggers/carry out)

Thank you.

It's more or less the same thing in France but with a starting age of 16. Then, when you get 18, the majority, you're considered a normal worker.

But, very few places employ people at 16, they consider it's too much constraints. Most of the time when you want to work before 18, you have to take illegal ways, most of the time that's in restaurants, for plunge or service. And the few places that make legally work between 16 and 18 are also more or less the same places you referred to. And who does it the most? An American company of fast food. That one which is almost the only one US company of fast food here...Mc Donalds. Actually out of Mc Do, I don't think there are a lot of places in which people between 16 and 18 can legally work.

The only ways to go in the professional life before 16 is to make a "contrat d'apprentissage", a contract of apprenticeship literally, which you can start at 15 and maybe 14 but not sure, there are have been debates to change it for 14 a few years ago, don't know if it changed. These contracts permit to a young to learn a job by spending a big part of the time, the major one, in a work place, most of the time that are for eating jobs (bakery, restaurants: service and cookery, butchery, etc), and anyways it uses to always be for handicraft jobs, and the other part of the time in a training center. Each contract are concluded for 2 years. Though, even when the apprentice make the job of a normal employee, they have very low wages, very low, about 1/3 of the French minimal wage IIRC.

Here is for France.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 09:42:23 AM »

Is that serious?

Surprising if so...

Though, I consider he was good guy, but, admiration, nah, too much flaws for me...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 11:10:02 AM »

Race/ethnic compostion: Viking, with a small percentage of frog-eater blood as well Wink

Not that I feel offended but I think foreigners should update now, I challenge statisticians to find more than 1% of French who already ate frogs, didn't myself.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 10:06:39 PM »

I don't want his death personally.

Senseï that's a cool name.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 09:25:59 AM »

How cruel...

Though maybe less than eating an hamster (only someone from Britain could have such an idea...)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 11:13:34 AM »

Yes, you would maybe mean Hebrew. I like Hebrew girls, not my favorite type overall but I've something for them.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 10:59:20 AM »

Male.

Born in 1983, on a sunny day, in Chamonix, France, first moving occurred 3 weeks later, the 1st one of about 25 so far.

Lived in Haute-Savoie, Savoie, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Eure-et-Loir, Puy-de-Dôme, Corrèze, Charente-Maritime, Aveyron, Tarn. Sometimes several movings in the same département.

Atheist, a set of personal beliefs under construction...

First of 3 bros, 4 years between each bro.

Parents married during a long time divorced a decade ago.

Traveled in UK (stayed in Cornwall), Germany (stayed in Bavaria), Austria (the Tyrol close to Bavaria), Belgium (Brussels and Brugge). Never on my own, with school or stuffs in foreign families).

I like good music and avocados with soy sauce, amongst other things.

Wondering what to do in life...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 11:21:49 AM »

J'ai bien peur que personne ne comprenne rien à tout cela...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 09:53:06 AM »

Je vous comprends, Benoit.

Fort bien, mais, bien que je puisse l'apprécier dans certains contextes, ce n'est pas la peine de me vouvoyer ici.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »

Je vous comprends, Benoit.

Fort bien, mais, bien que je puisse l'apprécier dans certains contextes, ce n'est pas la peine de me vouvoyer ici.

OH NO!! FRENCH TERROR BABIES!! GLENN BECK WAS RIGHT!!

French terror babies?

Hmm...Je crois que...ce Glenn Beck peut bien aller se faire foutre! (même si à priori il ne serait pas fan de ce genre de choses...)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 11:47:55 AM »

'Outremont' might be technically correct and sounds more high-brow than Montreal

Hmm, I'm sorry, but sounds like a cheese:

Entremont, c'est autrement bon...

Yeah, we're all slaves of marketing. Grin
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 11:55:31 AM »

Wow, some people who use 'kg' exist other there...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies