All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:11:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 992731 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: February 20, 2007, 07:56:25 PM »

Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian (Mostly Scottish, Irish, some English, Welsh, Swedish, Norwegian)
Religion: Christian
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 225
Place of Birth: Burnsville, MN
Person I most admire: My grandfather
Band: Crosby Stills & Nash, CCR, Fettes Brot, The Darkness
Sports Team:  Vikings, Wild, Twins
Non-political interests: Weather, outdoors, environment, camping, hiking, skiing, reading
Favorite Movie: Drop Dead Gorgeous (J/k), Lord of the Rings, Goodbye Lenin
Favorite Book: Anything by Bill Bryson... f'ing hilarious.
Favorite Show: I rarely watch TV.  Daily Show, maybe.  PBS.
Favorite Song: One Way Ticket to Hell and Back, i don't know.
Favorite Color: Green
Live Alone/With Others: with others
Favorite Politician: Presidential: Teddy Roosevelt, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, FDR; Non-Presidential:  Fmr. Gov. Arne Carlson (MN), Fmr. Sen. Paul Wellstone (MN), The Humph
Favorite ice-cream: Vanilla, peppermint bon bon
Do you have any siblings? 1 brother (26), 1 sister (20)
Are you married? Nope
What year did you join Atlas? Don't remember.  Last fall.
What are you listening to now? City of New Orleans/Arlo Guthrie
Do you have any nieces, nephews? 1.. Jeremiah.  He's my favorite person in the world (15 months)
Who's your favorite 2008 candidate from the 2 major parties? Richardson (D) Giuliani (R)
What city did you grow up in? Bemidji, Minnesota (Baymejigamaug) First City on the Mississippi
If you could pick your own nationality, what nationality would you pick? Norwegian, Hawaii
Favorite Websites (besides ones you own or Atlasia): Startribune.com, BBC News, Google, wikipedia
Favorite Comics/Webcomics: Far side, Calvin and Hobbes
Favorite Smiley Face: Grin
Pets: At home:  3 persians:  Grizzly (11), Finnigan-again (9), Gizmo (6), and then regular pointy noser Jeep (2)
Post the most recent picture of yourself here: All of my pictures on my computer show me a bit "under the weather", if you will, and I don't know that they'd be appropriate.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 12:24:07 AM »

Race/ethnic compostion: White/Irish, Scottish, Swedish, Norwegian, German

Religion: Agnostic Christian

Weight: 225... I'm waiting for snow so I can hit the slopes.

Party of Choice: Democratic-Farmer-Labor party

2008 Choice: Bill Richardson

Favorite Sports team:  I don't really have one

Your other interests: Reading, swimming, skiing (downhill and XC), weather, camping

Favorite person on Atlas:  Gabu gets brownie points for being born on the same day.  Otherwise, I don't know.

Favorite color: Green

Favorite Book: "What is the what" is very good.

Favorite Movie:  Goodbye Lenin, Children of Men

Favorite Song: I have way too many favorites.  I couldn't even name a favorite band, let along song.

Do you live by yourself: No.

Do you have any siblings? Yes, 1 brother and 1 sister.

Are you married? Nope.

Do you have any nieces, nephews? One nephew, Jeremiah.. now 23 months.

Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? Yes, though not sexually.

If you could pick your own nationality, what nationality would you pick ? Norway.. because I could speak the Norge or Hawaiian because let's face it... they live in paradise.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 09:27:59 PM »

Uh, that's not short. It's like, average. Tongue

You underestimate the tallness of upper midwesterners.

5'9" would be on the shorter end of the spectrum for males here.  I'd say average is 5'11" or 6'
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 12:07:27 AM »

Race/ethnic composition: Irish, Scottish, Swedish, Norwegian, miniscule German and English
Religion: agnostic right now
Height: 6'3" to 6'4"
Weight: about 235.   I need to lose some weight.
Occupation: I manage a bookstore and work as a Personal Care Attendant part time
Party of Choice: DFL
Favorite Musician(s): I have a lot... classic rock is my favorite genre
Favorite President: FDR, Carter
Favorite Sports team: I don't follow sports very closely at all.  Minnesota teams
Favorite Book: Ishmael by Daniel Quinn, A Curious Incident with a Dog in the Night by Mark Haddon
Favorite Movies: Children of Men, Brokeback Mountain
Favorite Show: Family Guy
Favorite persons on Atlas: I hold most of you in high regard
Least Favorite person on Atlas:
Favorite color: Green
Your other interests: camping, hiking, skiing, gardening, reading
Do you live by yourself: No, I'm at home through the summer.. mostly to take care of my mom
Do you have any siblings?Older brother and younger sister.
Are you married? No.
What year did you join Atlas? 2006
What are you listening to now? I'm Your's by Jason Mraz
Do you have any nieces, nephews? Yes, 1.  His name is Jeremiah, and he's 2.
Who's your favorite 2008 candidate from the 2 major parties? Obama
What city did you grow up in? Bemidji, Minnesota
Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? yes
If you could pick your own nationality, what nationality would you pick?  I like being American, but I wouldn't mind being Norwegian, German, or Austrian.
Post the most recent picture of yourself here:  They're all on my old computer and my camera was stolen by my sister's fiance's bitch sister.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »

I hate nicotine cravings at 1am with subzero wind chills outside

of course I inevitably end up putting on five jackets to nab cigarette #7 of the day.  "I can't beat myself" - Elliott Smith.  he was talking about heroin but there are a lot of physiological similarities.  except what those people have to go through is 100x worse in every way imaginable.

I can get an 'A' on any paper I choose to spend an hour on but I'll never beat nicotine.  I'll take it to my grave.

that's all about myself.  (the amazing thing is, a majority of you will look at those emotions/feelings and want to tax them)

I experienced withdrawal after I stopped taking pain medicine that was prescribed to me that my doctor told me was not at all addictive.  Well, I can tell you that it is!

It was probably the most awful feeling in the world.  I couldn't sleep, I was sweating, I felt extremely depressed, and my entire body hurt 10 times more than it did before I ever started taking the pain meds.

I called my doctor right away and he got me back on the prescription and weaned me off... then it was painless... but I will never do that again.

No matter what medicine you take, ALWAYS wean off of it no matter how redundant it may seem.  Withdrawal is one of the most stressful things you can put your body and your mind through.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 09:20:48 PM »

Ethnicity: Scottish, Irish, Swedish, Norwegian, German
Religion: Lost in the wilderness.
Place of Birth: Fairview Ridges Hospital in Burnsville, Minnesota
Occupation: I sell pipes, cigars, magazines, books, CDs, DVDs, and cards.  God it's a lot of paperwork.

Party of Choice: Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party
Favorite President: Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Favorite Candidates 2008: Barack Obama
Favorite Team: out of any?  The St. John's Johnnies.
Favorite Film: Children of men for its superbness and general awesomality.
Favorite Album: I don't buy albums, I buy songs.
Favorite Muscians: I have a broad taste in music ranging from pop to dance/electronic to electro-funk to rock to hiphop.  I don't like hardcore punk or emo or over-the-top Patriotic Country.
Favorite Books:  There are so many truly wonderful books.  Probably Green Eggs and Ham.
Favorite TV Shows: Survivorman, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG1 and Atlantis... pretty much anything on Discovery, NatGeo, History, etc.
Other Interests:  Forestry, gardening, the outdoors, the weather, spending time with friends
Who I admire: My grandfather and grandmother.
Favorite Song: I have no idea.
Favorite People on Atlas:  I like most of you just fine.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 09:22:50 PM »

Huh?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 11:23:27 PM »

If he knew anything about anything, he'd know people here are Norwegians... not Swedes.  Sweden is the oppressor country... feeding their kids hot lunch at school and lording it over the Norwegians... geeze... who do they think they are?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »

You can work at age 14 in the U.S. in certain jobs, but the rules are strict.  Something like no more than 15 hours per week, no more than 3 hours on a school night and the shift must end before 7pm or 9pm on a non-school night.

About the only places that employe 14 and 15 year olds are fast food restaurants and occasionally places like grocery stores (grocery baggers/carry out)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 01:06:51 AM »

Race/ethnic composition: White (Scottish, Norwegian, Irish, Swedish, Swiss)
Religion:  Christian
Weight: 220
Where you were born: Burnsville, MN
Person you most admire: My grandfather.
Favorite Band:  I have such a varied taste in music that I could never give you a favorite.
Favorite President: Teddy Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt
Favorite Sports team: Not huge into sports, but the Twins and the Wild.
Your other interests: weather stuff, travel, foreign cultures, skiing (both downhill and Nordic), nature in general, reading, learning
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 11:35:15 PM »

I just did this recently... but this questionnaire is better.

Birthday : 7-16-1985
Race/ethnic composition: White - Scottish, Norwegian, Swedish, Irish, Swiss
Attitude :  Sarcastic.  Empathetic.  The glass is just half.. somebody should refill it or drink the rest.
Political Views: Tree hugging pinko commie heathen
Religion: Christian/kinda agnostic
Location: Bemidji, Minnesota, Federal Republic of the United States of America
Party of Choice: Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party
Favorite Musician(s): Oh so many
Favorite President:   Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Lincoln.. man, Republicans used to be cool.  What happened?
Favorite sport :  Downhill skiing.
Favorite Sports team: I don't watch sports.
Favorite News Channel : The BBC.  Nothing like listening to English people with sticks up their bums.
Favorite Book:  So tough... so tough.  Anything by Bill Bryson
Favorite Movie: Children of Men
Favorite Show: Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, the Discovery Channel, Bizarre Foods, Anthony Bourdain
Your other interests: Traveling, making foreign friends, cooking, weather
Do you live by yourself: No. 
Do you have any siblings? Yes, 2.  1 Brother (5 years older), 1 sister (about 15 months younger)
Are you married? Oh god no.
What year did you join Atlas? Oct. 2006
Do you have any nieces, nephews? 2.  Krista (age 7), Jeremiah (age 3).. Jeremiah is the coolest person on the planet.
What city did you grow up in? Burnsville, then Monticello, then Bemidji, MN.
Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? Yes.
Have you ever been attracted to someone of the opposite sex? Yes.
Sexual Orientation :   Bisexual
Most important things in life : Food, shelter, available oxygen... clean drinking water.  Family, friends, charity, spirituality, love, pursuit of knowledge, faith.
Favorite Country : aside from the U.S.?  Despite its shortcomings, Austria.  And for all the sh**t I give the U.K... they for some reason have a warm place in my heart.  As does the home country, Norway.
Favorite City : Hong Kong
Favorite State : Minnesota
Favorite Congress. District :  MN-8.  Gotta love those ranger DFLers.
Favorite Color : Green and Blue
Favorite Flag : American
Education:  Almost college graduate.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 04:16:17 PM »

Race/ethnic composition: Predominantly hwhite...half Germanic (split between Austrian from Czechoslovaquia and German with a hint of Jew), half "French Canadian" (some Irish, some Scottish, some Native and the rest would be a range of French to Scandinavian Viking, probably Danish, though I am sure from the origins of my last name to have some Southern French in me)
Religion: Roman Catholic
Height: 71 inches
Weight: 145 lbs.
Where you were born: Riverside hospital (back when they did deliveries) in the National Capital Region of Soviet Canuckistan
Occupation: Between things (usually working on contract, sometimes working part time or travelling)
Person you most admire: Norman Borlaug!!! Coolest guy ever! After that, probably St. Bridget of Ireland, because she said that Heaven will have a lake full of beer Tongue
Favorite Band: Any reggae group
Favorite President: Reagan
Favorite Sports team: I don't have a favorite sports team
Your other interests: travel, unicycling, Linux

You're in Canuckistan?  I live about 90 miles south of Canadia.  Weird people in Canadia, I tell you.  They talk like they want to close their mouth really bad but only keep it open because they know it would be difficult to speak if they held it shut.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 06:54:19 PM »

Why, may I ask, is Carter your favorite President? I can completely understand why you may not hold Carter to the disdain that right-wingers do, but what did he do specifically that makes him your favorite President? The Camp David Accords? Just curious.

I think the general agreeableness and genuineness of Jimmy Carter clouds many liberals' judgment.  He has by far done a better job as a former president than he did as president.  Still, I hold many of his ideals to heart.  I believe he was too brutally honest with the American people when they were looking for a message of hope for the future.  People don't like a negative Nancy, even when things are in the sh**tter economically and politically.

So as a president, Carter was mediocre.. but as a human being, he is a great man.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 03:18:17 AM »

مرحبا! إسمي كرزيشتوف. أنا من بولندا و أنا طالب في خامعة وارسو.

Merhaba, Kalweyt.  Adım Chris.  Minnesotalıyım, ama Wisconsin'de oturuyorum ve Michigan'da öğreniyorum.  Niçin Arapça'yı konuşuyorsun?

Halt's Maul, du stinkst!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 09:46:20 PM »

Nice!  Quizbowl basically was my life back when I was in high school and college.
Dork.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 01:53:45 AM »

Cranberries and oranges go together well.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 12:44:06 PM »

Race: Reddish white
Ancestry:  Everything on the British Isles plus Swiss, French, German, Norwegian, eastern european...
Religion: Whatever I can get
Height: 6’3”
Weight: I’m not sure how you measure it in mansions, houses, cars, bikes, skateboards, etc.  A lot of some, a little of others that I'm real salty about.
Handedness: Ambidextrous (writing/eating left handed, the rest right handed)
Major: Never could decide...whenever you want?
Language: English, German, Futch (French Dutch...not Transylvanian Dutch, or Touch...inappropriate and awaiting.)
Political ideology: The correct one
2016 Support: Between that angry uncle and your business boomer mom?  Mom.  Just barely.  Hillary needs to crank up the sardonic meter.
First election: 2003–the college kids organized buses to the polling place they moved off campus at themlast minute (this is in the heart of *that* part of Minnesota...Stearns County)..made them pay more property taxes to the kids they were trying to rob.
2020 Support: Undecided
Non-political hobbies: Various
Favorite Food: The good kind
Favorite color: Most of them
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies