All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:27:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 996796 times)
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: July 29, 2009, 05:36:06 PM »
« edited: August 03, 2009, 04:17:26 PM by big bad fab »

I guess I must do this once at least.

Race/ethnic composition: White. I know all my ancestry back to Saint-Louis, Louis IX if you prefer... We are some tens of thousands, but, well that's cool to know it precisely.
Religion: New-born Roman Catholic
Height: 185 cm
Weight: one elephant...
Party of Choice: by "necessity" (to win elections), UMP. I like some ideas of the PCD, joke party of Boutin... and I'm mostly close to the Nouveau Centre. But if Juppé and Barnier would create a big center-right party, I would be fond of it...
Favorite Musician(s)Sad Beethoven, Dvorak, Grieg, Tchaïkovsky, Saint-Saens, Depeche Mode, 2 Unlimited, Indochine, Jo Dassin, ABBA, all the "New Wave" (I was young, then...)
Favorite President: TR and Dwight Eisenhower (Washington and Lincoln of course) / de Gaulle in France
Favorite Sports team: none, too stupid to support a team...
Favorite Books and Writers: Michel Tatu's bio of "Gorbachev", "La Waffen-SS" (Jean-Luc Leleu), Amy Knight's bio of "Béria", "Master of the House" (Stalin and his inner circle) (Oleg Khlevniuk), books by philosopher Alain Finkielkraut, books by Robert Paxton on Vichy France
Favorite Movies: The Longest Day (I was young, it was great...), Lawrence of Arabia, Star Wars, King Kong (by Peter Jackson), The good, the bad and the ugly, Contact (with Jodie Foster), Gladiator, BlackHawk down, Starship Troopers, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction
Favorite Comedians: Peter O'Toole, Ingrid Bergman, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Alec Guinness, Ed Harris, Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Ralph Fiennes, Jodie Foster, Viggo Mortensen etc...
Favorite Show: history shows on French TV, a learning show for children (C'est pas Sorcier)
Favorite TV serial: Star Trek, the originals
Favorite persons on Atlas: Hashemite of course (The Cartographor), and those whom I learn from (Mr. Morden, Tender Branson, ag, Sibboleth, SamSpade, nym90, afleitch,...), and some cool new guys (Kalwejt, Sweedish Cheese,...) or less "new" (Gustaf, PiT,...)
Least Favorite person on Atlas: BRTD probably
Persons you admire: my wife, my children, Jesus-Christ, some French "résistants"
Favorite color: Blue... even without political reference
Favorite wine: Château Sigalas-Rabaud (Sauternes)
Your interests: Politics, history, geopolitics, bringing up my children and playing with them, staying with my wife, talking with her, drinking good wines and eating French cheeses and fine red meat... swimming, ski
Do you live by yourself: yes
Do you have any children / siblings? I have 2 very nice boys (9 and 7) / I have no brother, no sister
Are you married? yes ! 10 years this year !
What year did you join Atlas? 2005, but active again since the end of 2007 and the primary season
What city did you grow up in? Bordeaux and in the countryside near Bordeaux (SW of France), Paris when I was a student
Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? no, not at all !
If you could pick your own nationality, what nationality would you pick? British, New Zealander or Australian
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies