All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:30:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 990513 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 01, 2016, 02:09:29 AM »

Sex: Male
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 220 lbs.
Sexual orientation: Straight
Race: White
Ethnicity: Typical fair, blue eyed northern European mutt
Religion: Atheist, though if you're perceptive you'll pick on deep influences from a devoutly
Catholic youth and an adulthood reading about Zen/Taoism
Language(s): English, sarcasm
Hometown: Blacksburg, VA
Place you were born: Silver Spring, MD
Political figures you most admire: Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Russ Feingold, Robert
Reich, Eliot Spitzer, Cornel West
Best president: FDR, Washington
Political orientation: Social liberal with a strong reformist streak

Favorite book(s): America the Book, Harry Potter, the Philosophies of Asia, Miracle of Mindfulness, the Selfish Gene, Contingency/irony/solidarity
Favorite Show(s):
Currently airing: Game of Thrones
Old favorites: True Detective Season 1, Breaking Bad, South Park, Survivor, Big Brother, scrubs, house
Favorite movies:
Classics:. Sideways, the Godfather, little miss sunshine, Once Upon a Time in America, Pan's Labyrinth, Talladega Nights, Beauty and the Beast, Up, Groundhog Day, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings
Recent:. Zootopia, spring breakers, her, straight outta compton, this is the end
Other interests not involving politics: Powerlifting, olympic weightlifting, basketball, music, writing, trivia, personality quizzes, making oblique pop culture references
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite Musical Acts: Beatles, Nirvana, Kanye West, Police, Radiohead, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Vampire Weekend, Eminem, She & Him, many, many more

Do you live by yourself? No
Do you have any siblings? Two younger sisters
Do you have any nieces, nephews? No
Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? No
Relationship status: Single
What year did you join Atlas? 2016
If you could pick your own nationality, which would you pick? Head says Canadian, heart says American
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 03:28:39 AM »

^ I knew instinctively from your posts you were a cool, likeable dude.

What voice part are you?  I'm also a really big beach boys fan, though it sounds like sh**t when I sing along with Brian Wilson in pet sounds or sunflower because I'm decidedly baritone.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 02:10:40 AM »

^ a hard day's night is a classic!  Which member of the forum would you cast as Paul's grandfather?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 01:25:24 AM »

Favorite Music Genre: I'm a hack for Mario music.
Favorite Video Game: I'm a hack for Mario music.
[

Uh, hell yeah.  Mario is the greatest franchise ever in my (admittedly often corny) opinion.  Also, Dire Dire Docks kicks ass, as well as the entire soundtrack to Super Mario RPG, and many Mario games.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 11:22:16 PM »

While we're on the subject of video game music... Chrono Trigger has one of the best soundtracks ever.  My favorite is 600 AD.  F***ing incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLy_8Rp7QA
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 12:46:46 PM »

While we're on the subject of video game music... Chrono Trigger has one of the best soundtracks ever.  My favorite is 600 AD.  F***ing incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLy_8Rp7QA

I concur. Chrono Trigger has so many great ones. In addition to 600 A.D., I love the forest theme, the Tyrano Lair theme, the "sad" theme, Lavos' second theme, and the Ocean Palace theme. Btw, here's a cool, Christmas-y arrangement of the 600 A.D. theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWTiMykxOZs

That's great!

Corridors of Time is another one that I think is just great, especially when people do remixes that emphasize the electric guitar a little better than the MIDI track can.  Many moons ago, I used to listen to that on the way home from my freshman astronomy class, and it increased the wonderment at the universe factor by like 10x or something.

There's also a mashup by this kid called "2 Mello" that adds corridors of time to encore by jay z, which is really bizarre and very amusing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies