All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:35:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 995216 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« on: December 23, 2014, 05:52:16 AM »
« edited: December 23, 2014, 03:43:53 PM by Türkisblau »

Race: White

Religion: Catholic

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 156 lbs

Born: Albuquerque, NM

Hair and eye color: Brown and Hazel

Siblings: 1 brother

Relationship Status: Single

Member of Atlas since: Nov. 23rd, 2014 and lurked starting August-ish

Sexual orientation: Gay

Favorite President: Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Political ideology: Econ. leftist, social moderate/conservative

Favorite Bands/Singers: Glenn Miller Orchestra, Billy Holiday, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Parov Stelar, Jack Johnson, Atmosphere, Brahms, Rusted Root, Gaelic Storm, and more... (I know I'm F'ing weird)

Favorite Musical Genre: Big band jazz

Favorite TV Shows/Movies: The West Wing, House of Cards, South Park, Black Mirror, The Office (U.S.), Downton Abbey, Star Wars original trilogy, 12 Angry Men, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, and Spaceballs

Favorite Video games: Sims, Civilization 4 (Beyond Earth is a necessity), Elder Scrolls: Morrowind and Oblivion, and The Binding of Isaac

Other interests: U.S. and European History, swimming, debate, scholastic/quiz bowl, historical fiction and nonfiction literature, detective novels, and community service
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 03:46:47 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2014, 05:39:22 AM by Türkisblau »

Nice!  Quizbowl basically was my life back when I was in high school and college.

Sweet. I'm not in a good enough school to win any big awards or anything but am definitely looking forward to doing more of it in college. It is definitely the nerdiest/dorkiest thing I do.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 09:49:53 PM »

I was born in Peoria, IL in 1991 and moved to Iowa City, IA when I was about 7.  I grew up the only Illini fan in Iowa City and took a lot of crap about it from my Hawkeyes friends but ended up going to Iowa for the instate tuition/I wanted to room with my close friends/I totally had a high school sweetheart at the time ... dodged a bullet with that one.  I played baseball in high school but decided I just wanted to have a regular college experience and not deal with being an athlete; I probably could not have started D1, either.

I am fairly liberal on a lot of political issues, but I feel very strongly in "reforming" the Republican Party to what I think Abraham Lincoln would want it to be rather than running for the Democrats (whom I certainly don't agree with 100%, either) or sitting on the sidelines as an Independent.  I'd describe my political views vaguely like this (TNF is barfing somewhere reading this):
- Pro-business.  I believe what is good for business is ultimately good for the economy ... yeah, shoot me.
- Pro-small government EXCEPT when it comes to protecting civil rights
- Pro-environmental protection
- In favor of a strong American presence in the world, militarily and diplomatically

I have a very close group of recently graduated friends (we're all 22/turning 23) that goes out and drinks far more than we should but has a damn fun time doing it.  We also very much mooch off of one of my friend's lake cabins. Smiley

That is LITERALLY all I can think to say about myself, haha.

That's all good and all, but we're going to need some more selfies.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:51:34 PM »

I was born in Peoria, IL in 1991 and moved to Iowa City, IA when I was about 7.  I grew up the only Illini fan in Iowa City and took a lot of crap about it from my Hawkeyes friends but ended up going to Iowa for the instate tuition/I wanted to room with my close friends/I totally had a high school sweetheart at the time ... dodged a bullet with that one.  I played baseball in high school but decided I just wanted to have a regular college experience and not deal with being an athlete; I probably could not have started D1, either.

I am fairly liberal on a lot of political issues, but I feel very strongly in "reforming" the Republican Party to what I think Abraham Lincoln would want it to be rather than running for the Democrats (whom I certainly don't agree with 100%, either) or sitting on the sidelines as an Independent.  I'd describe my political views vaguely like this (TNF is barfing somewhere reading this):
- Pro-business.  I believe what is good for business is ultimately good for the economy ... yeah, shoot me.
- Pro-small government EXCEPT when it comes to protecting civil rights
- Pro-environmental protection
- In favor of a strong American presence in the world, militarily and diplomatically

I have a very close group of recently graduated friends (we're all 22/turning 23) that goes out and drinks far more than we should but has a damn fun time doing it.  We also very much mooch off of one of my friend's lake cabins. Smiley

That is LITERALLY all I can think to say about myself, haha.

That's all good and all, but we're going to need some more selfies.

We're still waiting for one of yours.

But............but he's 17 :/

That's beyond the point. We're the same person so what's the point of me posting any?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »

Favorite Music Genre: I'm on a country music kick
Favorite Video Game: The Witcher 3 is the best game I've played in probably a decade. After that, probably the Civilization series. Elder Scrolls games are good but have been declining since Morrowind.

Ah yes, finally somebody with taste. If you hang around here long enough, you'll notice that most people only play Paradox games.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies