All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:50:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 995509 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: May 05, 2015, 09:47:35 PM »

I was born in Peoria, IL in 1991 and moved to Iowa City, IA when I was about 7.  I grew up the only Illini fan in Iowa City and took a lot of crap about it from my Hawkeyes friends but ended up going to Iowa for the instate tuition/I wanted to room with my close friends/I totally had a high school sweetheart at the time ... dodged a bullet with that one.  I played baseball in high school but decided I just wanted to have a regular college experience and not deal with being an athlete; I probably could not have started D1, either.

I am fairly liberal on a lot of political issues, but I feel very strongly in "reforming" the Republican Party to what I think Abraham Lincoln would want it to be rather than running for the Democrats (whom I certainly don't agree with 100%, either) or sitting on the sidelines as an Independent.  I'd describe my political views vaguely like this (TNF is barfing somewhere reading this):
- Pro-business.  I believe what is good for business is ultimately good for the economy ... yeah, shoot me.
- Pro-small government EXCEPT when it comes to protecting civil rights
- Pro-environmental protection
- In favor of a strong American presence in the world, militarily and diplomatically

I have a very close group of recently graduated friends (we're all 22/turning 23) that goes out and drinks far more than we should but has a damn fun time doing it.  We also very much mooch off of one of my friend's lake cabins. Smiley

That is LITERALLY all I can think to say about myself, haha.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 04:59:14 PM »

Sex: Male
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Race: White
Ethnicity: German and Swedish
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Religion: Lutheran
Language: English
Other Languages: None
Current Location: Iowa City, IA
Birthplace: Peoria, IL
Favorite President: Lincoln, and it's not close
Political Orientation: Socially liberal and pro-business
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Book: Great Wine Made Simple
Favorite Movie: It's a Wonderful Life, Interstellar, Meet the Parents, Casablanca
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Sports Teams: Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Fighting Illini, US and German men's national teams (soccer), Borussia Dortmund (soccer)
Other interests not involving politics: Sports, History, Drinking
Favorite Bands: Jimmy Buffett, Bon Jovi, Jackson Browne, Zac Brown Band, too many to list
Favorite Video Game: The Last of Us
Do you live by yourself? No
Siblings: 1 Younger Sister
Relationship: Single
What year did you join? 2014
If you could pick a nationality? American or German
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 11:51:23 AM »

If I did this ... I forgot, and I at least swear it was a different format!  Anyway, a BIT more free time now a days. Smiley

Birthday: December 5th
Sexual orientation: Straight
Race: White
Ethnicity: (Mostly) German and Swedish
Hair Color: Dark Blonde
Eye Color: Blue-Green
Favorite Color: Blue
Siblings: One sister, three years younger
Relationship Status: Girlfriend of about 2 years and 7 months
Religion: Christian - Protestant (ELCA Lutheran) ... obviously my specific beliefs are more nuanced
Languages: English
Political Beliefs: "Moderate" with historically conservative sympathies (i.e., a pragmatic appreciation for the importance of business to the economy and therefore all of our lives due to my professional and educational experiences) ... open to "liberal" reforms that I believe will help improve human life, deeply skeptical of rash populism, specifically of a left-wing variety on economics
Birthplace: Peoria, IL, United States
Favorite TV Shows: It's Always Sunny, The Office, Arrested Development, The Leftovers, Parks and Rec, Westworld, (formerly) Game of Thrones, True Detective (Season 1, of course)
Favorite Bands: Jimmy Buffett, Boston, Jackson Browne, Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen, Kenny Chesney, Survivor, Zac Brown Band, Frank Sinatra, "American Standards" in general ... a lot more, and music snobs are the worst people...
Favorite Food: Filet mignon, if I had to pick one ... "Italian" for a broader category
Party: Republican
Favorite City: Chicago, IL, United States
Favorite President: Abraham Lincoln
Most Underrated President: Dwight Eisenhower ... belongs in the top five
Favorite Politicians: I can honestly say I do not actively "like" any politicians, and I assume it's creepy to until proven otherwise
Interests/Activities: Cycling, Beaches, Ancient History, Wine, Drinking with my friends!, Sports
Favorite Sports Teams: Chicago Cubs, Illinois Fighting Illini, Chicago Bears
FavorED Sports Teams: USMNT, USWNT, Borussia Dortmund, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Blackhawks, Butler Bulldogs, Bradley Braves
First Year on Atlas: 2012
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies