All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:00:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 990904 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« on: March 20, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
« edited: March 20, 2013, 07:30:44 PM by liberty142 »

Hey everyone! I am new, so I figure this is a good intro. Let me know what you think my picture should be. I am very much so a libertarian, but not a fan of the party. I vote for anyone who upholds liberty, be they a Democrat (Kucinich), a Republican (Pauls, Lee, Cruz, Amash, Massie), or a Libertarian (Gary Johnson).

Race/ethnicity: White

Religion: Catholic

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 170

Where you were born: Chicago, IL

Political figure you most admire: Ron Paul

Favorite President: Calvin Coolidge

Political Orientation: Libertarian philosophy, independent voter

Favorite Musician(s): Counting Crows, Pearl Jam, REM, RHCP, Nirvana, Mumford and Sons, DMB

Favorite Sports teams: Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks, Illinois Fighting Illini, Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Favorite Book: The Bible, End The Fed, The Road, The Innocent Man, Devil In The White City, The Great Gatsby, Flags of Our Fathers, The Giving Tree, A Lesson Before Dying, The Racketeer

Favorite Shows: Colbert Report, King of Queens, Seinfeld, Family Guy, Big Bang Theory, HIMYM, Criminal Minds, 60 Miniutes, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Office, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, Breaking Bad, L&O

Favorite Movies: Gran Torino, A Few Good Men, Shawshank, Shutter Island, TCCOBB, Rain Man, Anchorman, I Am Legend, It's A Wonderful Life, Vacation

Other interests: Sports, politics, music

Favorite person on Atlas: Don't know yet Smiley

Least Favorite person on Atlas: Don't know yet :/

Favorite color: Orange

Do you live by yourself: No.

Do you have any siblings? Two

Relationship status? Single

What year did you join Atlas? March 20, 2013

Do you have any nieces, nephews? No

Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? I have had many "Paulgasms" upon listening to speeches by Ron and Rand Paul.

If you could pick your own nationality, what nationality would you pick? Not sure. They are all cool in their own way.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »

I'll leave you to figure that one out Wink

Just kidding, I won't because that sounds creepy. It is a word my liberty friends and I have for when we are listening to a great speech about liberty and we get really excited. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:19:05 AM »

Ah, defending the liberty of the businesses exploiting their employees and the liberty of oppressing minorities and poor people.

I suppose this isn't the place to argue this, but you need to put more faith in the markets, my friend.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »

Ah, defending the liberty of the businesses exploiting their employees and the liberty of oppressing minorities and poor people.

I suppose this isn't the place to argue this, but you need to put more faith in the markets, my friend.

Right, so the top 10% of Americans can control 100% of the wealth as opposed to the 80% they control now.

Government and political structure has a lot more to do with the wealthy having so much money than the markets do. Absent bailouts, insider deals, subsidies, etc the people would have a lot more power. Adam Smith knew what he was talking about. Are you sure you're a libertarian?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »

Looks like I need to re-do this. Things change. Chose my favorite questions and added a couple of my own.

Race/ethnicity: Polish, Irish, German

Religion: Catholic

Weight: 175lbs

Where you were born: Chicagoland, Illinois

Favorite President: John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Political Orientation: Liberal with some libertarian instincts

Previous Political Orientation(s): Neoconservative (2005-2011), Libertarian (2011-2013)

Favorite Musician(s): RHCP, Mumford, Simon & Garfunkel, Pearl Jam, Bob Dylan, John Denver, Josh Turner

Favorite Music Genre(s): Rock, country, rock-country, and little of everything else

Favorite TV Show(s): The Daily Show

Favorite Book(s): The Bible, The Road, Devil in the White City, The Innocent Man, The Great Gatsby, Flags of Our Fathers, The Giving Tree, A Lesson Before Dying, The Racketeer

Favorite Sports Team(s): Illinois Fighting Illini, along with all Chicago teams, minus the White Sox and plus Notre Dame

Favorite color: Orange

Do you live by yourself: No

Do you have any siblings? A sister and a brother, both younger

Relationship status? Single

What year did you join Atlas? 2013
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 10:44:15 PM »

Welcome above. I hope you'll find Illinois' politics better than your former residence, although the state isn't so much left-libertarian (unfortunately for the both of us) as it is corrupt, big government leftism.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 08:36:48 PM »

Time for an update.

Race/ethnic compostion: White - Irish, German, Polish
Religion: practicing Catholic
Weight: 185
Where you were born: Chicago burbs
Political party: Democrat
Political ideology: Social democrat; environmentalist; small-letter liberal democrat; incrementalist/pragmatist
Favorite Band: I can't pick one
Favorite President: Teddy Roosevelt
Favorite Sports team: Chicago Cubs
Other hobbies: Running, hiking, learning a new language, drinking coffee and good beer
Year I joined Atlas: 2013
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies