All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:31:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 986860 times)
kcguy
Romania

« on: May 05, 2013, 07:30:19 PM »

Name:  Paul

Race/ethnic composition:  Foolish question to ask a genealogist.  (We don’t give short answers.)  My dad’s side is pre-Revolutionary American, so about ½ English, ¼ other British (mainly Scots-Irish), and ¼ German.  There’s also a trace of French.  My mom’s parents were Donauschwaben, from the Balkans.  Going back to the early 18th century, her ancestry would be about ¾ from modern Germany and about ¼ from other German-speaking areas, especially France, Luxembourg, and the Czech Republic.

Religion:  none.  Religion is totally irrelevant to my life.
Height:  5’-10” in my head.  Actually, I think I’ve shrunk to 5’-9”.  (So, about 175 cm)
Weight:  160 lbs/73 kg
Where you were born:  KCMO

Person you most admire:  Nelson Mandela.  I’ve always been impressed that he lost 30+ years of his life to prison, yet didn’t seem to hold a grudge.  Unlike, say, Mugabe, he seemed more interested in building democratic institutions in his country than in his own personal aggrandizement.  Similar things could be said about George Washington.

Favorite Band:  The Bangles?  Seriously not a music fan.  But I’m impressed that they managed 4 pop hits that sound nothing like one another.

Favorite President:  Washington.  For reasons stated above.
Favorite Sports team:  Reinforcing the gay stereotype, I have no interest in sports.

Favorite television shows:  Doctor Who, starting with the Donna Noble era.  Currently Awkward., even though I’m “too old” to be watching MTV.  From the past, I have a special soft spot for Daria.

Politics:  Pragmatic liberal, for lack of a better term.  Not activist enough to be a “progressive”.  I’m proud of the Americans With Disabilities Act, because it broadened the ability of Americans to contribute to society, and I’m relieved that the unexpected consequences for once turned out to be mainly positive.  I’m very American when it comes to free speech issues, and I would oppose any laws attempting to ban Holocaust denial.  While personally somewhat conservative, I would take anyone calling me a political conservative as slanderous.

Your other interests:  Genealogy.  I would love to be published in the National Genealogical Society Quarterly, if I ever solve any of the three problems I’ve been working on for the past five !#$^@&^! years.  Also, I play trick-taking card games with groups twice a month.  I can’t really stand politics, but I adore political demography.

Have you ever been attracted to someone of the opposite sex?  No, except for maybe Jordana Brewster.

Favorite quote:  From Douglas Adams, don’t remember exactly, but something like “As Kate lay beneath a pile of rubble, she was relieved to know that she hadn’t been merely imagining that this was a bad day.”
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:20:54 AM »

Also, No, my desire to get an orchiectomy certainly isn't a fetish. Smiley Indeed, I certainly guarantee this to you. Smiley

You do know that you're making us jump to conclusions, right?

If it were something simple like "my father died of testicular cancer at the age of 29," then I assume you'd just come out and say that.

The fact that you're being coy and not wanting to publicly state your reasons gives us free rein to let our imaginations run wild.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 10:32:50 AM »

All I know about the town of Basingstoke is a line from this movie.

STEVEN:  I want to go back to Basingstoke.
LINDA:  But nobody wants to go back to Basingstoke.

Unlike, say, Putney or Torbay, the constituency never seems worth mentioning on election night.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies