All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:28:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 986933 times)
Sir John Johns
France

« on: February 03, 2013, 10:17:12 PM »

Race/ethnic composition: White French
Religion: Agnostic
Where you were born: Concarneau, Finistère
Person you most admire: George Orwell
Favorite Music: XTC/The Dukes of Stratosphear, The Clash, Elvis Costello and the Attractions, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, They Might Be Giants, 10 cc, Squeeze, Nobuo Uematsu, Jacques Brel, Boby Lapointe, J.S. Bach, Prokofiev
Favorite Politicians: Mendès France, Jean Zay, Alexander Dubček
Favorite US President: Franklin D. Roosevelt
Favorite French President: De Gaulle
Favorite Sports team: none
Your other interests: history, Ecuadorian politics, Lovecraft, science fiction, paranormal, old Uncle Scrooge's stories, Goscinny's and Franquin's bandes dessinées, Calvin & Hobbes comics
Favorite Books: Animal Farm, Candide, The Colour Out of Space
Favorite Movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Truman Show, The Big Lebowski, Castle in the Sky
Favorite Show: Simpsons first seasons, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Futurama, Malcolm in the Middle, The Twilight Zone, House M.D. first seasons
Sir John Johns
France

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 07:18:56 PM »

Let's redo it:

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race/ethnic composition: White (French); more precisely ~70% Breton, ~20% Provencal/Languedocien, ~10% Norman, Champenois, Italian and Swiss
Religion: formerly an agnostic, now an atheist
Height: too tall
Weight: too fat
Location: somewhere in the Breton countryside in a place with an awful Internet connection
Birthplace: Concarneau, Finistère, Brittany, France
Languages: French (Native Language), all your base are belong to us English, Spanish (very mediocre level), remnants of German and Latin. I’m way better in writing than in speaking (yeah, this tell you how awful my spoken English is)
Relationship: Single
Person You Most Admire: my grandfather, who came from a very poor and underprivileged Breton migrant background and integrated into middle class through instruction and hard working. Also developed my taste for reading and my interest for history. If I should pick someone who is famous, then François Cavanna (well nobody knows him on this forum but whatever)

Political Party: none. French political parties are all horrible
Political Orientation: a confused mix of environmentalism, social democracy, (non violent) anarchy and social liberalism. Yeah, that doesn’t make much sense; I’m better to tell what I really hate in politics: populism, authoritarianism, religious fundamentalism and ideological dogmatism
Favorite President (US): Abraham Lincoln
Favorite President (France): Charles de Gaulle is easily the less awful of the modern ones. If we included the powerless presidents of the Third and Fourth Republic, then Armand Fallières, who seems to have been a nice guy
Favorite Politicians (living): ugh. In the US maybe Bernie Sanders, in Europe Pedro Sánchez seems the less awful. In the rest of the world, I can’t deny I quite like Lenín Moreno (don’t approved all his policies but his personality and background are pretty great), Malala Yousafzai, Julio César Trujillo. And of course, my ironic hero, Abdalá Bucaram
Favorite Politicians (historical): my laundry list of historical figures I like for their ideas or their personality is composed of King Henry IV of France, Voltaire, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, Eugène Varlin, Louise Michel, Élisée Reclus, Susan B. Anthony, José Martí, Georges Clemenceau (not a fan of his late career though), Jean Jaurès, FDR, Léon Blum, Jean Zay, Carlo Rosselli, George Orwell, Jean Moulin, Clement Attlee, Pierre Mendès France, Tommy Douglas, Rudy Dutschke, Alexander Dubček, Chico Mendes. Additionally people I don’t approve their politics but find interesting: Robespierre, Talleyrand, Fouché, Napoléon III, Gustave Hervé, José María Velasco Ibarra, Richard Nixon, René Lévesque, Mathieu Kérékou, León Febres Cordero
Least Favorite President (US): Franklin Pierce
Least Favorite President (France): Nicolas Sarkozy tied with François Hollande
Least Favorite Politician (US): Lyndon LaRouche
Least Favorite Politician (France): Nadine Morano
First Election: 2002 French Presidential Election (voted for Besancenot, lol)

Favorite Music Genres: Pop Rock, New Wave, Psychedelic Rock, Jangle Pop
Favorite Band(s): XTC, The Dukes of Stratosphear, Elvis Costello, The Smiths, The Beach Boys, The Clash, Cleaners from Venus, 10cc, The Velvet Underground, Squeeze, They Might Be Giants, Robyn Hitchcock, Jacques Brel
Favorite Book(s): not a big reader of fiction, especially not of classics. Candide, 1984, Animal Farm, Dracula, The Colour Out of Space, Ubik, The Man in the High Castle
Favorite Show(s): The Simpsons, The Office (US), Futurama, The Twilight Zone, The Sopranos, Deadwood, House, M.D., Doctor Who, Black Mirror, Malcolm in the Middle
Favorite Movie(s): again not an avid cinephile. Come and See, Aguirre the Wrath of God, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Truman Show, See You Up There, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Ed Wood, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky
Favorite Video Game(s): Civilization IV, Age of Empire II (yeah don’t have played video games in ages)
Favorite Color: green
Favorite Sports Team: in soccer, usually root for which ever team is opposed to Paris Saint-Germain. Don’t really care about other sports.
Favorite Food(s): green pepper and tomato salad, honey roasted Camembert, croque-monsieur, vanilla ice cream
Favorite Drink: coffee
Favorite Candy: Quality Street chocolates
Your Other Interests: history, Latin American and African politics, mapping, comics (Uncle Scrooge, Calvin & Hobbes, anything by Franquin or Goscinny, Gotlib’s Rubrique-à-brac), (very) amateur theatre, watching hilariously bad musical video or political ads, wasting my time and my money
Least Favorite Music Genre(s): really not a fan of rap, heavy metal, hip-hop, techno, reggaeton, or technocumbia. Also never managed to get into Breton traditional music.
Least Favorite Band(s): definitely Robbie Williams for his terrible cover of Making Plans for Nigel
Least Favorite Book(s): Sartre’s Existentialism and Humanism. Had to read it for school but, despite not being a very long book, I failed to finish it. Guess philosophy isn’t my cup of tea.
Least Favorite Film(s): I was bored to death watching The Intouchables, supposedly one of the funniest French movie ever. Also Taxi 2 was painful to watch; the following ones are reputedly even worse but I haven’t the courage to watch them
Least Favorite TV Show(s): any ‘reality television’ program. Also, never find Family Guy (sorry BRTD) nor South Park even remotely funny
Least Favorite Sport(s): Auto racing, it’s so booooring.
Least Favorite Sports Team(s): Paris Saint-Germain
Least Favorite Food(s): I almost vomit the only time I have eat an andouille (not a true Breton), so that
Least Favorite Drink: Once I mistakenly mixed black coffee with mint tea, it had a very bizarre taste
Sir John Johns
France

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 06:03:14 PM »

Redoing this:

Sexual orientation: Straight
Nationality: French
Ethnic background: Breton with a few Provencal, Languedocian, Norman and Italian ancestry
Religion: Agnostic
Height: 6’16’’ (1,88 meter)
Weight: 159 lbs (72 kg)
Location: a relatively small rural commune in Finistère, France
Born in: Concarneau, Finistère
Pets: a cat, a dog and ten hens
Education: Baccalaureate; university drop-out due to health issues
Political orientation: an incoherent mix of political liberalism, social democracy, anarchism and environmentalism
Favorite president (US): FDR on political level, Lincoln as a person
Favorite president (France): tie between Félix Faure for dying in office while banging his mistress and Paul Deschanel for falling from a train while in pajamas (these were the glorious times when we had true statesmen)
Favorite bands/singers: XTC, the Smiths, Elvis Costello, New Order, Cleaners From Venus and Suede (well mostly British bands from the late 1970s to mid-1990s). Also, Jacques Brel.
Favorite series: The Simpsons (early seasons), The Office, Futurama, Malcolm in the Middle, Deadwood, Doctor Who (eight or nine early seasons of the revival)
Favorite movies: The Big Lebowski, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Donnie Darko, The Truman Show, Castle in the Sky
Interests: Politics, history, geography, map-making, science fiction and horror literature, nineteenth century French and British literature, comic books (Goscinny, Franquin, Calvin & Hobbes, Uncle Scrooge stories), hiking
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies