All about yourself!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:27:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 116
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 986298 times)
Californiadreaming
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2075 on: July 31, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »
« edited: July 31, 2016, 12:49:08 PM by Californiadreaming »

Also, No, my desire to get an orchiectomy certainly isn't a fetish. Smiley Indeed, I certainly guarantee this to you. Smiley

You do know that you're making us jump to conclusions, right?

If it were something simple like "my father died of testicular cancer at the age of 29," then I assume you'd just come out and say that.

The fact that you're being coy and not wanting to publicly state your reasons gives us free rein to let our imaginations run wild.

We're just curious why you want to have your testicles removed.  With all due respect, is this for a fetish or something else?
^same here.
PMs just sent to both of you. Smiley
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2076 on: July 31, 2016, 12:48:44 PM »

So, should I just publicly say why exactly I want to get an orchiectomy? Completely serious question, for the record.
If you want to, I say you should go ahead.
OK. Indeed, I might do this in several hours or so.

Frankly, though, I am wondering why exactly evergreen used such extremely harsh language towards me. Sad Indeed, I even had to report her for that extremely offensive post of hers! Sad
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2077 on: July 31, 2016, 12:49:14 PM »

;~;
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2078 on: July 31, 2016, 12:49:52 PM »

I'm sorry ... what?
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2079 on: July 31, 2016, 12:52:41 PM »

Aw, what the hell, I'll do it:

Race/ethnic compostion: White/Middle Eastern; 100% Caucasian
Religion: Agnostic
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 180, for anyone who cares
Where you were born: See Above
Person you most admire: Emma Goldman
Favorite Band: AC/DC
Favorite President: Abraham Lincoln
Favorite Sports team: San Francisco Giants
Your other interests: Politics, Baseball, steamy encounters that end in sexual congress

I've lurked here for a solid six years at this point. I enjoy a good martini every now and then. In addition, I follow politics like a blood sport. Bit of an odd person. If I had to describe my favorite genres of music, for example, the first would be classical and the second would be metal. I am Bisexual, if you were wondering.

Am I interesting? You may very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
Out of curiosity--what kind of Middle Eastern ancestry do you have?

Also, why do you like Emma Goldman so much?
1. A mixture of Armenian and Kurdish heritage. I consider both to be part of the Mideast. The two make up approximately 40% of my ethnic background, the remainder being a mix of Irish, Italian, and Lithuanian.

2. Despite our very different political views, I see Goldman as a revolutionary in a time where Nationalism and social Conservatism predominated the political discourse. For example, she supported ideas such as free love without sinking into Eugenics as many others of the time did. She opposed the draft, militarism, and freedom of speech.

I do not support her views on capitalism or on anarchism, however she was a counter cultural thinker for a very insular age.

Thanks for asking Smiley
1. Very interesting! Cheesy

2. Very good point(s)! Smiley

Also, though, I would like to point out that I don't consider all forms of nationalism to be bad. Rather, I consider "exclusive" nationalism (such as the type that was practiced in Nazi Germany, where loyal German Jews were not given full equality or even basic human dignity) as well as violent and militaristic nationalism to be bad. However, I appear to see nothing bad about events such as the unification of Italy. Smiley
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2080 on: July 31, 2016, 03:47:37 PM »

You at least understand why we're creeped out, CD?
Yes, I do. However, I doubt that a woman who voluntarily wanted to remove her ovaries for the same reason that I want to remove my testicles would get anything close to the negative and hostile reaction that I got on this forum for this. Sad
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2081 on: July 31, 2016, 04:04:57 PM »

So, should I just publicly say why exactly I want to get an orchiectomy? Completely serious question, for the record.
I agree, mainly because I'd prefer no pics in PM.Tongue

In all seriousness, if it's okay with you, CD, I think you should tell us publicly.
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2082 on: July 31, 2016, 04:06:41 PM »

PM just sent. Smiley
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2083 on: July 31, 2016, 04:09:25 PM »

I agree, mainly because I'd prefer no pics in PM.Tongue

In all seriousness, if it's okay with you, CD, I think you should tell us publicly.
Here is what I did--I sent you a PM (with no pics--just like there was no pics for anyone else) explaining my reason for wanting to do this. Smiley

If you still think that I should publicly tell this information to everyone here after you read this PM of mine to you, then I will certainly do this immediately! Indeed, does that sound fair? Smiley
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2084 on: July 31, 2016, 04:18:54 PM »

Is this because, and I don't want to sound rude, that you think you are trans but don't want to come out as such?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2085 on: July 31, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »

I would also like to hear the reasoning, please.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2086 on: July 31, 2016, 04:34:25 PM »

Is this because, and I don't want to sound rude, that you think you are trans but don't want to come out as such?
Well, he has PM'd me, and apparently, he wishes he were trans, and would like to change his gender identity (from cis man to trans woman) if he were able to successfully, but still leans toward the former.
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2087 on: July 31, 2016, 04:35:44 PM »

I would also like to hear the reasoning, please.
PMs just sent to both of you. Smiley Indeed, as a woman, hopefully you can especially understand where exactly I am coming from here, ClintonianCake! Smiley
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2088 on: July 31, 2016, 04:41:17 PM »

Well, he has PM'd me, and apparently, he wishes he were trans, and would like to change his gender identity (from cis man to trans woman) if he were able to successfully, but still leans toward the former.
Yes, this is certainly completely correct! Smiley Indeed, as I have already previously stated elsewhere here, what I would ideally like to do is to feminize both my body and my face (specifically by permanently getting rid of as much of my body hair and facial hair as possible and by getting forehead feminization surgery--if I'll actually have spare money to do all of this, that is) as well as to wear certain female clothing on a regular or semi-regular basis. Smiley However, even after I will do all of this, I would certainly have thoughts along the lines of "I wish I was her" whenever I will see a (tall) lesbian or lesbian-leaning woman. Sad Indeed, I certainly wish that gender identity was a choice; however, unfortunately it isn't actually a choice (well, not with current technology, anyway). Sad
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2089 on: July 31, 2016, 04:43:07 PM »

Also, Yes, I certainly consider being a trans-woman to be superior to being a feminine eunuch (at least in an ideal sense--as in, if we will live in an ideal world). However, I am certainly not a trans-woman; indeed, I (unfortunately) simply don't feel female. Sad Frankly, I certainly wish that I had the ability to change this; however, alas, I certainly (and unfortunately) cannot do this (at least not with current technology, that is)! Sad
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2090 on: July 31, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »

Your other interests: Politics, Baseball, steamy encounters that end in sexual congress

I've lurked here for a solid six years at this point. I enjoy a good martini every now and then. In addition, I follow politics like a blood sport. Bit of an odd person. If I had to describe my favorite genres of music, for example, the first would be classical and the second would be metal. I am Bisexual, if you were wondering.

1. A mixture of Armenian and Kurdish heritage. I consider both to be part of the Mideast. The two make up approximately 40% of my ethnic background, the remainder being a mix of Irish, Italian, and Lithuanian.

2. Despite our very different political views, I see Goldman as a revolutionary in a time where Nationalism and social Conservatism predominated the political discourse. For example, she supported ideas such as free love without sinking into Eugenics as many others of the time did. She opposed the draft, militarism, and freedom of speech.

I do not support her views on capitalism or on anarchism, however she was a counter cultural thinker for a very insular age.

Thanks for asking Smiley

Also, though, I would like to point out that I don't consider all forms of nationalism to be bad. Rather, I consider "exclusive" nationalism (such as the type that was practiced in Nazi Germany, where loyal German Jews were not given full equality or even basic human dignity) as well as violent and militaristic nationalism to be bad. However, I appear to see nothing bad about events such as the unification of Italy. Smiley
Nationalism is different from patriotism.
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2091 on: July 31, 2016, 04:58:18 PM »

Thanks for asking Smiley

Nationalism is different from patriotism.
To some extent, Yes. However, I am certainly extremely curious as to how exactly you personally would differentiate between these two things.
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2092 on: July 31, 2016, 10:19:07 PM »

Sigh ... indeed, I might as well publicly admit it: I want to get an orchiectomy for sterilization purposes due to the fact that all non-drastic forms of birth control, including vasectomies, can and sometimes do fail. Indeed, even vasectomy failure certainly isn't an acceptable excuse to avoid paying child support. Heck, even child support insurance contracts might get struck down by some judge(s) on grounds of public policy.

Indeed, I certainly want to achieve greater equality (in practice) with cis-women in regards to reproduction and child support. After all, unlike myself, many cis-women can get abortions in response to an unplanned pregnancy. (Also, No, trust certainly isn't an acceptable option for me since a woman can promise abortion or adoption in the event of an unplanned pregnancy and change her mind in regards to this later on.) Thus, the next best thing for me is to literally get an orchiectomy. Indeed, nowadays we thankfully have both testosterone HRT and estrogen HRT (depending on their preference) for eunuchs to use in order to avoid getting and dealing with nasty conditions such as osteoporosis. Smiley

There--now you know why exactly I want to get an orchiectomy. Smiley
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2093 on: July 31, 2016, 10:31:58 PM »

Sigh ... indeed, I might as well publicly admit it: I want to get an orchiectomy for sterilization purposes due to the fact that all non-drastic forms of birth control, including vasectomies, can and sometimes do fail. Indeed, even vasectomy failure certainly isn't an acceptable excuse to avoid paying child support. Heck, even child support insurance contracts might get struck down by some judge(s) on grounds of public policy.

Indeed, I certainly want to achieve greater equality (in practice) with cis-women in regards to reproduction and child support. After all, unlike myself, many cis-women can get abortions in response to an unplanned pregnancy. (Also, No, trust certainly isn't an acceptable option for me since a woman can promise abortion or adoption in the event of an unplanned pregnancy and change her mind in regards to this later on.) Thus, the next best thing for me is to literally get an orchiectomy. Indeed, nowadays we thankfully have both testosterone HRT and estrogen HRT (depending on their preference) for eunuchs to use in order to avoid getting and dealing with nasty conditions such as osteoporosis. Smiley

You're getting an orchietomy for the purpose of preventing pregnancy? I'm sorry, but that seems like an overreaction.
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2094 on: July 31, 2016, 11:00:13 PM »

You're getting an orchietomy for the purpose of preventing pregnancy? I'm sorry, but that seems like an overreaction.
If U.S. policymakers thought that this is an overreaction, though, then they certainly wouldn't have made child support laws as black-and-white as they currently are. Heck, even child support insurance unfortunately isn't good enough for me since some judge(s) can strike down such an insurance contract n grounds of public policy. Sad
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2095 on: July 31, 2016, 11:01:54 PM »

Indeed, if, purely hypothetically, abortion was banned worldwide and there was no safe way anywhere worldwide to get an illegal abortion, would you say that a woman who would want to voluntarily get her uterus and/or her ovaries surgically removed in such a scenario would be overreacting? Completely serious question, for the record.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2096 on: July 31, 2016, 11:11:58 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2016, 11:14:28 PM by Devout Centrist »

If U.S. policymakers thought that this is an overreaction, though, then they certainly wouldn't have made child support laws as black-and-white as they currently are. Heck, even child support insurance unfortunately isn't good enough for me since some judge(s) can strike down such an insurance contract n grounds of public policy. Sad
Well...quite frankly, while I may agree with your disatisfaction concerning child support policy, the chances you will be personally affected are extremely unlikely, especially if you got a vasectomy.

Furthermore, do you believe more men should follow your example? Or if not, why?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2097 on: July 31, 2016, 11:13:27 PM »

Indeed, if, purely hypothetically, abortion was banned worldwide and there was no safe way anywhere worldwide to get an illegal abortion, would you say that a woman who would want to voluntarily get her uterus and/or her ovaries surgically removed in such a scenario would be overreacting? Completely serious question, for the record.
Yes, I would believe that is an overreaction.
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #2098 on: July 31, 2016, 11:17:48 PM »

Well...quite frankly, while I may agree with your disatisfaction concerning child support policy, the chances you will be personally affected are extremely unlikely, especially if you got a vasectomy.

Here is a question for you, though: Do you honestly think that a vasectomy doctors would actually be willing to agree to pay all of my child support payments for 18+ years in the event of a vasectomy failure? After all, according to you, the odds of this occurring "are extremely unlikely"!

Completely serious question, for the record.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No. After all, it's not like all men have the same priorities and preferences that I have.

For instance, unlike myself, most men don't appear to have a desire to cross-dress and to wear women's clothing.

Because I don't know if other men have the same priorities and preferences that I have. Indeed, different people often have different value systems.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2099 on: July 31, 2016, 11:31:34 PM »

Here is a question for you, though: Do you honestly think that a vasectomy doctors would actually be willing to agree to pay all of my child support payments for 18+ years in the event of a vasectomy failure? After all, according to you, the odds of this occurring "are extremely unlikely"!

Completely serious question, for the record.

No. After all, it's not like all men have the same priorities and preferences that I have.

For instance, unlike myself, most men don't appear to have a desire to cross-dress and to wear women's clothing.

Because I don't know if other men have the same priorities and preferences that I have. Indeed, different people often have different value systems.
Unless they're negligent, they have no reason to pay. Is vasectomy failure negligence? No, it is not. This does not diminish my point. There may be horror stories, but the vast majority of people are fine. Vasectomy failures happen at a rate of about 3/1000-1/100, depending on the source you believe. In addition, it's also possible a women could use paternity fraud, rather than actual vasectomy failure.

Let me use an analogy.  Naegleria Fowleri is an amoeba that is highly prevalent in soil and water. This amoeba, if it attaches itself to your olfactory nerve, will travel up to your brain and will eat your brain cells, resulting in an almost incurable condition called Primary Amoebal Meningitis. There have been 138 official cases of the disease, although thousands may have occurred because most cases are determined only by autopsy. The only way to completely and absolutely guarantee that you will never, ever contract this disease is to avoid any and all swimming in fresh water, even water with chlorine as the amount of chlorine may not be sufficient to kill the amoeba. Would you advocate avoiding a regular suburban pool out of fear for this disease?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 116  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies