Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:53:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 378748 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« on: October 16, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »

We already have two constitutional amendments on the ballot

Being new I had to investigate about these amendments. I found one is to move the capital to Buffalo. The other one is an elections amendment on the timing of elections and election of lieutenant governor.

If I'm right, I'm not sure what most votes received mean (the wording most first prefered votes was replaced) to elect lieutenant governor. Is is still who has the most 1 besides his/her name ?
Also what if the person receiving the most votes doesn't want that job, or leaves the assembly during the mandate, is a replacement mechanism all planned out already.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »

To put more weight behind the efforts of our Governor and Senators on getting federal money following hurricane Sandy, I was thinking the assembly could adopt a resolution (or is it a motion?). It would be great if it was unanimous. It would put more pressure on the white house.

Something like:

"As a result of the damage and devastation caused by hurricane Sandy to the regions of the Northeast and Mideast, this Assembly asks for federal relief funds to be delivered as soon as possible."

The text can be improved by someone, I don't mind. Then we can deliver it to the white house. The senate is already debating a natural disaster bill so maybe not useful to send it there.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »

I think I should say, a resolution requesting funds is a little redundant, in my opinion.  The Senate is currently debating a bill and they're all well aware of how annoyed we are at the current handling of the situation.  I don't know if this sways Poirot's opinion in any way, but that's just my two cents.

Ok, perhpas I will withdraw the resolution if no representatives is interested in this either. The goal was to back up the Governor's (and Senators) efforts, show that the assembly was behind this. If the Governor doesn't find it useful...

It would take some time anyway to pass this if it is treated like debating for a bill.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:11:36 PM »

Abstain
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 10:30:05 PM »

aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: