Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:48:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 379557 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 08, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »

We arbitrarily punish people more just because they use a gun in their crime? What exactly is the justification of that? Is that how things really work in relation to gun crime?

Well, the use of a gun in a crime can be seen as justification.  The language "instrument of crime" is what deserves attention.  Non-specific language like that can leave to much room for interpretation.

Also, if section 1 mentions non-murder felony, and section 2 talks about a gun being used as an "instrument of crime", can't this be contradictory if in fact, the felon had a gun during the crime, but the crime was not murder?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 02:41:17 PM »

I'm with Marokai.

I vote Nay.

It seems superfluous to make an already complex legal system even more intricate.

Since voting is now opened.

It's not opened yet.  Once Napoleon sees that debate has halted and HC is ready, I'm sure he'll call a vote.   
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:59:30 PM »

I can't speak for the others, but I think that in general, section two is unpopular.  Also, what about fixing the "rights restored"  in section 1, and having it read something like;

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:55:53 PM »

In his defense, there have been some less than cordial remarks that can be seen as a "cheap attack."

Section 2 is the bulk of Napoleons proposal I believe but, I am not in favor of it either.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:02:38 PM »

Well.. I don't wrong you for waiting in expectations for an amendment.  We should however, try and stick to a timeline when someone requests a 24 hour extension.

My amendment is as follows regarding section 1;

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »

I have no further amendments to offer but, is this passable with Section 2 as it currently is?  It seems Marokai, Jake, and HC are rather set against it.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »

Aye
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 09:45:59 AM »

I wouldn't support stringent enforcement upon the Speaker to tell Assembly members to do their job.  This bill doesn't seem to do so, and because it does not, I'm sorry to say that I see little purpose in it except formalities.  I don't think it's the duty of the Speaker to encourage the Assembly to follow through on their duties.  Perhaps if the size of the Assembly is reduced, those that fail to participate will no longer plague this Assembly. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 11:33:44 AM »

If the Governor wants to take such responsibility on, it is completely within their right to do so.  I however, do not agree with such a bill that would relieves our officials in the Assembly from individual responsibility.  An Assembly members actions, or lack thereof rather, is reflective of his/her commitment to this region.  If I know someone requires the Governor or Speaker to hold their hand and tell them when to vote, I'm not inclined to elect them again.

The Speaker has the responsibility of directing this Assembly, yes.  He does not however, have the responsibility of sending out reminders every time legislation comes to a vote.  I would rather the Speaker call 24 hours vote, and close the vote as close to that set period as possible.  I can understand sending one of the active members of this Assembly a reminder on the off chance that they have been busy.  I don't want to see the Speaker introducing training wheels to our less motivated and committed members.

I can understand where this bill is coming from but, do you really think a reminder will help debate?  If they have no commitment already, I doubt a PM will force anything but partisan based "vote this way", if they are convinced to vote at all.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 12:14:22 PM »

Well.. Perhaps we should send PM's to members that have been elected, rather than for every voting session?  Maybe a reminder that 2 consecutive votes have been missed by the CJO.  I just can't see having the Speaker telling everyone that a vote is currently in progress.  If Jake is successful in his determination to see several pieces passed in a month, the Speaker will be quite busy messaging uncommitted people for every vote.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 11:13:58 PM »

Obviously we don't have time to vote on this, so the debate will have to carry over into the next session once a speaker Speaker homelycooking is elected.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 08:27:24 PM »

I look forward to you serving.  Hopefully the legislative positions will see much more activity this time around.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 08:18:15 AM »

It appears not. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 06:38:50 PM »

Change it to this:

This has been brought up and of those who participated in discussion, I believe four Assemblyman was the general consensus.   
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 06:18:43 PM »

I have returned and my first post will be gladly used to nominate homely as Speaker Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 10:46:13 PM »

Speaker:

[X] homelycooking
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 12:49:31 PM »

Governor, if you could from now on, please put the text of the bills in a quote box just for visual purpose.  Also, the Speaker is meant to be picked by the Assembly but, unless the decision is challenged, congratulations HC.

In regards to the bill;

I can understand allowing municipalities to determine the use of billboards, but I'm not sure I can support a ban on advertisement in rural areas, which seems to be the basis for this bill. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »

I understand you don't care for Napoleon and nor does he care for you, but can we refrain from attacking each other in this thread.  I could care less what you guys argue about in separate threads, because it's not really a concern until it spills in here. 

Wormy, if you would actually provide debate your opinion would be valued [at least to me], if you would actually bother to care.  I won't hold my breath but, it would be nice if we could just debate the bill in question Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 09:56:27 AM »

Despite ongoing debate, the importance of selecting a Lt. Gov should be brought up in this thread.

Therefore, I think we should recommend dallasfan for Lt. Gov.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 10:05:30 AM »

You're acting as Lt. Gov, I have no power to start a vote.  I would certainly like to work with you to get a Lt. Gov in as soon as possible so we can move forward.  As far as the Speaker elections go, the importance of the position is dwarfed by the Lt Gov, and when the winner of the special election has sworn in, I'm sure the problem can be resolved beyond a doubt.

Despite ongoing debate, the importance of selecting a Lt. Gov should be brought up in this thread.

Therefore, I think we should recommend dallasfan for Lt. Gov.

I have asked Dallasfan if he would be interested in becoming Lt. Gov., and he is not at this time.

Hmmm.. That ruins that than.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »

What about NiK? Bullmoose? Obamaisdabest? Seriously, now we're grasping at straws.

Nik is not available.  I don't know about the other two.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »

Shall the debate continue on the bill?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 11:59:56 PM »

In regard to the bill;

I agree that the language is vague, and while I agree that gun safety is important, this specific clause does not have my support.  I motion to suspend SOAP 3a, 3d, 3f, in order to decrease debate time 12 hours.

In regards to the Lt. Gov position;

Due to the fact that many either have stopped paying attention, or don't want the position, it seems this has become a problem in recommending someone.  I thought dallasfan would make a good recommendation, but Winfield messaged him and he was not interested.  Nik's name was thrown out, and that's not a possibility.  I messaged another possibly interested person, but for reasons known to him and myself, I don't think it's possible.  I think at this point, if anyone in the Northeast is willing, they should make themselves known to the Assembly.   
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies