Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:50:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 381812 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« on: January 22, 2010, 01:03:08 PM »

Nay

the one million is to much. make it 100,000 and I will say aye.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 01:28:34 PM »

Nay

the one million is to much. make it 100,000 and I will say aye.

Are you even a Rep?
heehehe no I like playing one though. Cheesy
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 02:34:32 PM »

Sure, it is the point. But I personally don't think it is important.
However i would vote Aye since it is the right thing to do for the people.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 04:04:16 PM »

I approve. Aye
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 04:13:20 PM »

why thank you. * courtesy*
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 02:34:53 PM »

May I ask fellow Representative Libertas why is he opposing the bill?

Because we need to be encouraging people to lose weight, not forcing everyone else to bend over backwards to tell them their unhealthy lifestyles are alright.

The obese already put a tremendous burden on our society through the costs of healthcare.
actually that is not true. I will try and find the video about women who are happier being fat then not.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 02:39:56 PM »

May I ask fellow Representative Libertas why is he opposing the bill?

Because we need to be encouraging people to lose weight, not forcing everyone else to bend over backwards to tell them their unhealthy lifestyles are alright.

The obese already put a tremendous burden on our society through the costs of healthcare.
actually that is not true. I will try and find the video about women who are happier being fat then not.

Um, what would that have to do with what I said, or to do with anything that we are discussing on the Assembly floor? Huh
you were talking about how it is unhealthy and how everyone has to bend backwards for them. That is all. I was just pointing out that someone people actually are healthier being fat. sorry if you thought it was pointless.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 03:10:07 PM »

you were talking about how it is unhealthy and how everyone has to bend backwards for them. That is all. I was just pointing out that someone people actually are healthier being fat. sorry if you thought it was pointless.

The idea that "some people are healthier being fat" kinda flies in the face of, you know, medical fact.

• More than 80% of cases of type 2 diabetes can be attributed to being overweight or obese.
  • Overweight people are twice as likely to have high blood pressure, a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke, than people who are not overweight.
  • Someone who is 40% overweight is twice as likely to die prematurely as is an average-weight person.

Happy does not mean healthy.
being happy actualy does affect your health.
see check this out. and listen carefullly.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »

Happiness does not unclog your plaque-hardened arteries or cure labored breathing.

I fully understand what you are saying. The problem is that what you are saying is ridiculous.
No it is not. You just think that it is not possible.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »

Happiness does not unclog your plaque-hardened arteries or cure labored breathing.

I fully understand what you are saying. The problem is that what you are saying is ridiculous.
No it is not. You just think that it is not possible.

You are an idiot. The worst kind of idiot: a dangerous idiot. All medical evidence out there points to you being dead wrong.

Obesity is MEDICALLY DANGEROUS regardless of whether someone is "happy" or not. Further, your idea is based on the premise that people wouldn't be "happy" being closer to their ideal body weight, which is preposterous. The negative consequences of obesity outweigh medical benefits of "happiness." Period.

Some of the health-related claims of fat acceptance groups are on par with those of AIDS denial groups. I really hope you educate yourself before continuing to spread dangerous information to others.

Being overweight is unhealthy. Being very overweight is very unhealthy. The links between obesity and disease are undeniable.

Before people jump on me here, I'm not railing against people who are a little thick around the middle, or even moderately overweight. Clearly, these people are not in optimal health, but I can see an argument that there is a acceptable trade off.

The problem comes when people are hundreds of pounds overweight. It is a severe health problem, and one that is growing in this country. It is something that this government should be taking active steps to fight.

I do not want to say it is okay to discriminate against people who are obese, because it's not. The scenario outlined—where someone has to pay for two plane seats but only gets one—is clearly wrong and should be illegal. But I'm incredibly leery of the government stepping in and giving the obese "victim" status, or anything that may give the appearance that it is okay to personally accept a negative health condition as something inevitable.

I know I may be stepping on a lot of toes here, because I'm sure a lot of you are currently in the situation I was in back when I was younger. I understand the challenges and trials of being significantly overweight because I've been there. I'm just not comfortable with obesity being written into law as a protected class.

Actually, I don't have high cholesterol. I do have high blood pressure, but it's a genetic trait in my family.

As for labored breathing, since I can't drive, I walk pretty much everywhere. I may not be the fastest guy in the world, but I can walk a pretty good distance without breathing heavy. Not everyone is the same, but I've seen plenty of heavy people get around just fine without labored breathing.

I hope you do not think my arguments or criticism was directed at you in any way. I did not mean to imply that you or anyone else would be guaranteed certain specific problems.

I merely intended to point out the link between obesity and serious health issues.
now I am not denying that. I never did. I agree with you. i am just saying that being happy can make you a little healthier. That is all. I know lots of thin people who are very very unhealthy. So yes, weight can affect your health. No one is saying otherwise.
and I have never been called an idiot in real life so I must not be one. I dont get the hostility with you.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »

aye
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 02:00:01 AM »

We should. now adressing the second part of the bill, when you say "a gun is used as an instrument in the crime" do you mean in the room or area just laying around? or what?

Does someone want to make a motion to end debate as of 11PM Eastern on Saturday, instead of 2AM on Sunday?  I don't like opening votes at 2AM - I can't guarantee I'll be around.
we can do that. Smiley
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

We should. now adressing the second part of the bill, when you say "a gun is used as an instrument in the crime" do you mean in the room or area just laying around? or what?

Does someone want to make a motion to end debate as of 11PM Eastern on Saturday, instead of 2AM on Sunday?  I don't like opening votes at 2AM - I can't guarantee I'll be around.
we can do that. Smiley
The gun helps the perp commit the crime. Whether that is used in murder, robbery, kidnapping, ETC. If the gun is essential to the perpetrator (IE being used through intimidation or assault) it will tack on an additional penalty.

I also support ending debate at 11PM.
ok. So essentailly how CA does it.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 05:07:16 PM »

in case we get another bush in America and he decides to try to attack Atlasia. Tongue
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 12:59:38 AM »

aye
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 01:18:46 PM »

I would certainly suggest stashing away a portion of that surplus in a "rainy day" fund.
I agree. Better safe than sorry. You never know what will happen.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 01:28:23 PM »

If I'm elected, I plan to store half the surplus in a "rainy-day fund" and give the rest back to the people where it belongs.
but shouldn't you wait to see what you need? And you can give them the money after the year is over. Because if you do it before then you might have needed the money that you gave away, no?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 01:38:28 AM »

aye
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 01:02:20 AM »

aye
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 01:37:36 AM »

I know but he asked, "The question is whether the bill should be considered?"
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 01:50:20 AM »

I know but he asked, "The question is whether the bill should be considered?"

Sorry, should explain - this is a procedural vote and it's automatically assumed the vote is passed.
oh. well always better safe than sorry.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »

AYE.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 11:01:39 PM »

I have a few questions and concerns... First of all, does the waist size of the individual matter as long as they can produce a valid gym membership card?

Second, I don't even believe that it actually does anything to curtail the primary problem as any individual can maintain a gym membership and even then, the airlines could just take the five percent out of the cost of the two seat charge for a heavy individual who may even be going to the gym to work on their issues and still cram them into one seat.

So, again, how does this actually solve the problem?
sorry for a delayed answer.

anyways Yes it would. People would loose wait if they actually went the the gym. Since gym membership is so expensive they wouldn't waste money unless they used it.
and the two seat thing. come on!!! I even take up two seats. but the question is would you rather have to pay full price. Wink
Kidding if you want you could tweak it to put a two seat thing in if you want.

and it is online. who gives a rats ass about how people think spelling is so important on a forum where no one will ever meet you.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 11:24:06 PM »

My issue is that if I'm being charged two seats, I want the two seats. If I'm given one seat, then I only want to pay for one seat. I think if it was the government rather than the corporate world that levied such a price, conservatives would be outraged.

I don't support this particular bill as I don't believe it solves the dual issues. I have a gym membership for one full year, but I hardly go... So, I don't see what it does...

If I'm re-elected in the next session, I'll have a modified proposal to deal with the twin issues.

screw this computer!!!!
well see people hate wasting money Here one moth member ship for a gym is 80-100 a month. but then you might have money to toss around. I went rocking climbing and I lost two inches. And about the seat thing, have you ever said anything about it? You should just but two seat, aka claim another person is coming and use the other seat. Or later say they charged you to much and demand a refund. there are ways to go around it.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 01:41:54 AM »

Rep. cutie_15 - we're making laws for the Northeast.  Typos don't matter much in your posts as long as we can read it, but it does matter in our laws, which should be free of typos and easily readable.   It embarrasses us as an Assembly to pass  laws full of typos and mistakes.

Would you object to shortening the debate period to open the vote at 8:00PM tomorrow?
not at all.

And I understand. Laws are a serious thing.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies