Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:50:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 381647 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: January 12, 2010, 11:54:38 PM »

I WAS going to commence a vote on Hamilton's proposed amendments, but I can't find it because  the Mods DELETED MY POST QUOTING IT.  This is a HUGE infringement on MY rights to post whatever I want - I'm no troll and on no list, and an affront against this body.

I will be IMMEDIATELY seeking an injunction against the mods in Federal court.

Good luck with getting them to adhere to a fantasyland court order.

Lucky for the mods, there won't be one. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:58:59 PM »

I've been told the NE Assembly is a circus at the moment, so I took a peek. Carry on Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 04:49:35 PM »

I wish Spade could teach me how to very cryptically say something without referring to it openly.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 02:06:16 AM »

I'm so happy we have regional governments and all the good they provide.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 01:03:25 PM »

I will oppose any attempts to amend the law and fully oppose any legislation supported by Stern and his cronies. I will be leading a coalition that will hope to persuade the governor to approve immediate contract renegotiation.

I am up for contract renegotiation, if the legislature would prefer it.

We can't renegotiate anything unless the other side agrees.  A contract is a contract.

Until the Northeast Region, in all it's wisdom, decides they don't want it anymore. Shame the workers apparently don't have that cute luxury. Goddamn slimy union workers.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 06:33:31 PM »

I have introduced a bill that would give Governor Morgan authority to put a volunteer police force into the streets for the moment with the police on strike. I urge the assembly bring it up to the floor as quickly as possible.

"Volunteer police force"? This may be a game but that still doesn't mean you can just conjure things up like that. We're talking about an entire region's law enforcement here. Further, even assuming for the sake of argument you could make a police force for an entire region appear out of thin air, I would have serious concerns about their training and behavior on the job..
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 12:12:43 AM »

The Northeast has a National Guard, which can be called up by the Governor.

Why hasn't it been is the question.

Constitutional concerns about its role, based on a one-sided interpretation of the Atlasian Constitution, which isn't quite as one-sided as the feds think when read in context.  We might not be able to call up the Guard to act as an armed force, but we can call it up for everything else.

Let the Feds sue us........IMO

Yeah, this is going to end up in federal court anyway, and given its leftist makeup, won't end well for the Northeast.  We already have one left-wing Associate Justice publicly commenting on the situation - and we all know he won't recuse himself when a case gets to that court. 

The left-leaning of the court in terms of it's rulings has been grossly exaggerated. And is currently grossly exaggerated, given the debate behind the scenes on the current cases..

Feel free to continue, though.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 12:20:38 PM »

What a completely senseless bill. Repealing or suspending gas taxes doesn't give any meaningful relief and it's a completely temporary measure that only depletes funds you could've used elsewhere, while at the same time encouraging gas consumption which is not something you guys should be doing. What in heaven's name justifies this atrocity?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2010, 12:58:45 PM by A.J. Marokai Blue »

What a completely senseless bill. Repealing or suspending gas taxes doesn't give any meaningful relief and it's a completely temporary measure that only depletes funds you could've used elsewhere, while at the same time encouraging gas consumption which is not something you guys should be doing. What in heaven's name justifies this atrocity?

The increasing price of gasoline is putting a burden on our citizens.  And this legislature isn't chock full of "progressives" who think driving is a bad thing.

It doesn't take a progressive to say encouraging gasoline consumption is a silly idea. It's objectively harmful to the environment and encourages unnecessary use of fuel. Gas taxes are higher in Atlasia than the United States, but this region can't do anything to the federal gas tax, you're stuck tinkering with your own. Which is even less effective and a waste of time. What are you doing, tinkering with a few cents here or there? This is a gimmick that doesn't save anyone any serious amount of money and subtly encourages gasoline usage.

You're depleting resources that could be used for alot of other things to instead waste it on a gimmicky tax suspension that doesn't save anyone serious amounts of money and only encourages unnecessary harm to the environment.

This legislature is certainly full of something.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »

A not entirely insane proposal in the Northeast Assembly? What the hell is going on here!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 04:24:59 AM »

Implementing ObamaCare in the Northeast Region? What happened to you Giovanni? Sad

Preventing insurance companies from throwing people off their coverage whenever they get sick or preventing discriminating on the basis of gender/sexual orientation/race/occupation is somehow a radical proposal?

What on earth is wrong with you people?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 01:33:16 AM »

Well, I, for one, think this session has been garbage. Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 12:22:26 PM »

I am incredibly tired of your attitude, cinyc. Almost all of our decisions in the past I have made in concert with Spade himself (let's no beat around the bush here gentlemen and act like you're not talking about me) and I've taken the time to very carefully consider everything at hand.

I don't dick around on the court and just make decisions without thinking about them nor do I try and just find ways for Opebo and I to agree on something so we can tick off Spade. I really like Spade, and I've made alot of effort in the past to find areas of agreement with him whenever possible. (The HAEV case, for instance, was unified because Spade and I wanted to be absolutely sure all three of us were standing together, so I made a considerable effort in coming to the middle to meet Spade when I absolutely did not have to.)

You have no idea the amount of time and energy I put in to considering every case before me.

And this "dominated by lefists" thing is so absurdly paranoid and just designed to try and get people to oppose my efforts on the court. In the Libertas decision, Spade and I were in agreement on the conclusion. In the SPC decision on the smoking ban, Spade and I were in agreement on the conclusion. In the HAEV decision, Spade and I were in agreement on the conclusion. In the Jbrase decision, Spade and I were in agreement on the conclusion. Even in this union case, though in the new opinion still to-be published there are many things Spade doesn't like, I've still heard some level of agreement from him on at least on part of it. (And I sought out his opinion trying to find areas of agreement before I took up the task.)

This idea that Opebo and I are ruling the court in some sort of tyrannical left-wing way is absurd and objectively wrong and it's about time you drop it.

At every possible turn you've tried to stir up trouble against me, and I'm getting tired of it right quick. People are allowed to express their opinions, and I've been remarkably more restrained since I took the position precisely because of attitudes like yours. This is a game, there's only a handful of extremely active individuals, and we all have opinions.

In short, you're getting pissed off because I express my carefully thought out opinions on fictional legal matters. Something I really put alot of my energy into trying to very precisely express myself. You have absolutely no right to act like a complete jerk to me because you just don't like my opinion.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »

I wish Spade could teach me how to very cryptically say something without referring to it openly.

That was my only comment here during the debate over the Practical Labor Policy Act. If you expect me to eat, breathe, and sleep judicial matters and never do anything else, that's not going to happen. We all express our opinions somewhere on this site, and finding anyone to be absolutely impartial who never says a cross word to anyone is unrealistic.

I have been careful to judge cases on their merits and how the law contrasts with them. Everyone knows I was a supporter of HAEV. Did I try to save that institution from the court? Hell no I didn't. It's guidelines were unconstitutional and I said as much to Spade in joining his opinion.

You just don't like me, Cinyc. It's okay to admit it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 04:39:07 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2010, 04:40:59 AM by A.J. Marokai Blue »

The rationale for this bill, I feel, is rather simple.

As a rule of thumb we shouldn't be spending more money than we take in - barring some extreme circumstance, in which case, if the voters of our region felt that way, we would be allowed to.

There are much easier ways of accomplishing that than mandating 2/3rds in a referendum and Assembly support for nearly anything spending or tax related.

Three examples come to mind. One being what Badger cited, another being Colorado post-Taxpayer Bill of Rights, another being the state of Texas' social safety net because of balanced budget requirements. People need to stop being so ideological about these things and focus on what actually works instead, and there are very easy ways to observably know such proposals are ridiculous.

California is undergoing a budget crisis. Colorado post-TABOR had serious problems that plague them to this day because of the days where they suffered a serious lack of revenue and spending flexibility. Texas has the worst healthcare and some of the worst education in the nation, among other things, and it's not because of them there illegals.

There has to come a point where people recognize there are certain issues that aren't decided on opinion or guesses. This isn't an issue where you can get good or bad results based on how strongly you believe in it. These issues are empirical. You can see them. The results have been recorded. It's not about opinion vs. opinion. This issue isn't about someone taking an opinion of theoretical physics, this is about people arguing over what color the sky is, when all you have to do is take a look at the sky to know.

Everyone do your research before making such silly decisions. Is that too much to ask? Less decisions based on ideological purity and more based on the reality of society-running.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 12:08:42 AM »

I'm eager to understand the ever-baffling Northeast Assembly's votes, here.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 01:38:21 AM »

The president thinks a vote from us for his anti-freedom crap is a given. Let's prove him wrong.

Explain that a bit for me.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 01:47:57 AM »

You are being entirely ignorant if you think making radical changes with the Constitution is our goal at all and you must have completely ignored everything we've said up until this point, because that's the only explanation I can come up with that explains your hysterical attitude.

Do you even know our intent? Do you know anything we've proposed for Constitutional reform? Have you taken a glance at our drafted Constitution? If you did, you'd know that 95% of what we're doing is taken what is already in the Constitution through the Amendment process and drafting a cleaned up model to get rid of all the dead weight.

Do you oppose statute consolidation, too? Presumably you would, since it's the same principle. We're hoping to toss out old crap that serves no purpose except to clutter and confuse, to replace it with new cleaned up versions and simplifying the statute pages on the Wiki.

These are not nefarious plots. In reality, they're quite simple and common sense-y, only made complicated by simple minds and hysterical rants bent on opposing us regardless of our proposals.

No objective reasoning could possibly be found to justify your attitude right now but knee-jerk silliness and downright contrariness.

In other words: /hiss
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 01:52:10 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That doesn't mean its constitutional.

That,

A: Does not make sense.

& B: Has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 01:54:43 AM »

I'm going to assume you are either on drugs or a troll. Or both.

If this is the caliber of our opposition, I can't wait to actually make my first policy proposals.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 01:57:13 AM »

Answer a yes or no question for me:

Have you even glanced at our proposed/drafted Constitution?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 02:07:09 AM »

Fyi; If you're completely lacking knowledge on the subject you're pretending to actually know a damn thing about, log out to do your research if you're going to hunt through someone's posts, because I saw you searching Purple State's profile endlessly, and even looking at the Government board, before you finally lucked out and found the "Big Idea" thread.

The answer is in the end, of course you haven't. Not until I mentioned it.

And I encourage all people to not fall into this nonsense.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 02:48:54 AM »

Did we ever pick a representative to the ConstiConvo? I nominate myself, if not.

An individual actually interested in a genuine good faith debate over game reform would be preferable to someone who has demonstrated a general lack of knowledge in every subject on which he's spoke.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »

Dallasfan would be a wonderful choice.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »

I guess I'll throw my hat in for Lt. Governor if someone wants to point me towards a general guide of what the hell the job consists of. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies