Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:00:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 382250 times)
Elyski
elyski729
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.70, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4125 on: July 17, 2011, 06:05:35 PM »

Nay
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #4126 on: July 17, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »

Isn't dual office-holding illegal?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #4127 on: July 17, 2011, 07:43:41 PM »

On the previous question the ayes are two and the nays are three. The bill is not agreed to.

The Assembly will now consider the next bill in the queue, proposed by the honorable member from New York.

Debate on this bill will last 48 hours.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4128 on: July 17, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »

Northeast Wiki Reform Act

1.  Responsibilities

a. 

I would like to recommend this to read as

a.  The Northeast Governor, or their designate

c.  Northeast Governor, or their designate
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4129 on: July 17, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »

Yeah, the wiki is pretty outdated. It could use some work.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4130 on: July 18, 2011, 06:51:06 AM »

Winfield, you have the ability to ask someone to update the wiki when you can but ultimately, it is your responsibility.  Once it is back in order I (along with others probably) would have no problem updating it when I can, however, the responsibility of assuring it is updated would fall on the Gov/CJO
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #4131 on: July 18, 2011, 08:47:21 AM »

I worked with Cincinnatus on writing this bill, and I believe that he's created a fine piece of legislation. This is exactly what needs to be done to save the Wiki. My only concern is that we may not have many citizens interested in working on the Wiki Reform Commission.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4132 on: July 18, 2011, 09:03:26 AM »

Even if we only have 3 members it would be progress nonetheless.  Obviously I'm willing to work on the commission, and I'm sure we have a few others to fill spots as well.  The biggest obstacle will be for the commission.  Actually figuring out what is still law, as opposed to outdated material will be the biggest challenge.  Once that is done, it shouldn't be difficult at all to update the wiki whenever the Governor signs something into law, or the constitution is changed.

Perhaps we should change Sec III, subsection a to a certain number (to be determined by the Northeast Assembly), or eliminate that wording (see last parentheses) all together?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4133 on: July 18, 2011, 10:05:10 AM »

I'm interested in the commission but I think the Governor's amendment is necessary for this bill to accomplish anything.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #4134 on: July 18, 2011, 11:15:38 AM »

I've learned my lesson with "commissions" of any sort.

No way.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4135 on: July 18, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »

I've learned my lesson with "commissions" of any sort.

No way.

Is that disapproval of this bill or are you just letting us know you're not interested in joining?  Realistically, if you don't support this bill, what other way might you suggest the wiki be fixed?

Napoleon, as I said before, the Gov is free to have someone else add laws in the wiki.  The responsibility of failure to update it however, lies on the Gov's shoulder.  If this is to much to ask, I'm willing to hear any argument as to why.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4136 on: July 18, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »

There's no way to enforce this.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #4137 on: July 18, 2011, 12:11:44 PM »

The wiki is supposed to be a collaborative, community effort.  If someone, or more than one person, wants to volunteer to fix it up, you don't need a law or "commission."
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4138 on: July 18, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »

I wish it had been a community effort.  Had the wiki been properly kept we wouldn't need to worry about making sure someone is responsible for such.  I understand your argument, and yes, we do need more than just one or two citizens to maintain the regions page.  However, unless we do something like this, it will be very hard to allow others to contribute, because the wiki doesn't have a solid base to update off of.

Of course, once the commission is done, as they are meant to be temporary and do the bulk workload, I would have no problem helping to update the wiki, as I would hope many others would also help with.  This is why Section V. exists explicitly. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4139 on: July 18, 2011, 10:02:57 PM »

Question..........

Just how bad of a shape is the Northeast Wiki in?

I am reading from some of the comments that it is way outdated. 

I am also reading that some of you, who will form the Commission, will get the Wiki updated, and from there it becomes the responsibility of the Governor to keep it updated, or, at least, the Governor can designate someone, or perhaps more than one, if they accept of course, to keep it updated.

Perhaps those interested in keeping the Wiki updated can do so on a rotating basis, under the direction of the Governor.  Just a suggestion.  This way, perhaps all interested can participate, and one individual is not doing everything for the Northeast on Wiki.     

So what I see this boiling down to is a joint collaboration between the Governor and legislators and or citizens of the Northeast, with the Governor being ultimately responsible.

This being the case, perhaps something like the above should be written into the bill.

Just some thoughts to consider.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #4140 on: July 18, 2011, 10:13:41 PM »

Question..........

Just how bad of a shape is the Northeast Wiki in?

I am reading from some of the comments that it is way outdated. 

I am also reading that some of you, who will form the Commission, will get the Wiki updated, and from there it becomes the responsibility of the Governor to keep it updated, or, at least, the Governor can designate someone, or perhaps more than one, if they accept of course, to keep it updated.

Perhaps those interested in keeping the Wiki updated can do so on a rotating basis, under the direction of the Governor.  Just a suggestion.  This way, perhaps all interested can participate, and one individual is not doing everything for the Northeast on Wiki.     

So what I see this boiling down to is a joint collaboration between the Governor and legislators and or citizens of the Northeast, with the Governor being ultimately responsible.

This being the case, perhaps something like the above should be written into the bill.

Just some thoughts to consider.

The Wiki is not just outdated, it is unorganized and incomplete. No new legislation has been added to the appropriate wiki pages in at least a year.

Also, considering that the Assembly is acting upon a new piece of legislation every three days, the work of keeping the wiki updated once the work of the Commission is completed would be relatively simple.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4141 on: July 18, 2011, 11:21:08 PM »

I am pleased to advise the honorable members of the Northeast Assembly that Simfan 34 will become the new Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast.

We will be making an announcement from the Governor's office on Tuesday.

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #4142 on: July 19, 2011, 09:56:07 PM »

Time for debate has expired. Members will vote aye or nay on the bill at question. This will be a 24 hour vote.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4143 on: July 20, 2011, 09:17:10 AM »

Aye
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4144 on: July 20, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »

Aye
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #4145 on: July 20, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »

Aye
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #4146 on: July 20, 2011, 08:04:20 PM »

Aye
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #4147 on: July 20, 2011, 11:35:52 PM »

On the previous question the ayes are four, the nays are zero. The bill is passed.

We will now consider, simultaneously, the size and membership of the future Wiki commission and the next bill in the queue, proposed by the honorable member from Pennsylvania.

Time for debate on both questions will last 48 hours.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4148 on: July 20, 2011, 11:44:17 PM »

At this time, I would like to recommend Lieutenant Governor Simfan as a member of the Wiki  Commission.

I am very pleased that the Lieutenant Governor has agreed to serve on the commission and to share his abilities on this project.

Cincinnatus has already expressed his willingness to serve on the commission, for which I am greatful.

Therefore, we have to date two very capable individuals willing to work on the commission.

I will be willing to assist in this project in any way that I can.

So let's get this moving as quickly as possible.  
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4149 on: July 21, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »

Simfan needs to message Dave and ask for wiki access immediately then.  So who do we have to join?  Me, Simfan, Winfield? Who else? 

The bill; I will not be supporting this bill.  As wonderful as it would be for our corporations to conduct their business in the Northeast, favoring certain entities in this manner is something I can't agree to. 
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies