Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:06:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 381588 times)
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3825 on: May 24, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »
« edited: May 24, 2011, 03:11:50 PM by GiOhio »

That's bullshit and you know it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was democratically elected to the Northeastern Assembly by the people of the Northeast Region, the Northeastern CJO even certified the results as such.

Certification of April 29, 2011 Northeast Assembly Special Election:

Jake Matthews, a.k.a. 20RP12, is the only person who wrote himself in.  No one declared or agreed to accept write-ins after Jake Matthews vacated his old Assembly seat by swearing in as Lt. Governor on April 19.  Thus, all votes other than None of the Above are invalid. 

It is certified that Jake Matthews has won the April 29, 2011 Northeast Assembly Special Election with 3 votes.  1 vote was legally cast for "None of the Above".

Please note that Governor Ghost_white previously certified the following Atlasians as winners of the April Northeast Assembly general election:

Giovanni, Homelycooking, Jake Matthews, Napoleon, Sbane, and EarlAW

That certification will remain in effect unless someone successfully sues to overturn it.

Where in your constitution supports your viewpoint?

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3826 on: May 24, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »

I believe it is. If anyone wants to challenge this view, Sue me. I have no tolerance for immature trolling.
It's not a matter of belief.  If it's in there you can quote it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3827 on: May 24, 2011, 03:10:14 PM »

That alone does not make you eligible to hold office. Take it up with the court or stop whining.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #3828 on: May 24, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »

It's not a matter of belief.  If it's in there you can quote it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3829 on: May 24, 2011, 03:12:27 PM »

If it is in there, sue me. Otherwise go away, troll.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3830 on: May 24, 2011, 03:13:37 PM »

I am your Game Moderator.  You may not like me but you will damn well have to get used to me.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3831 on: May 24, 2011, 03:14:55 PM »

I am your Game Moderator.  You may not like me but you will damn well have to get used to me.

I wasn't even talking to you. Obviously you can't sue me.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #3832 on: May 24, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »

I am not the one who should be looking up anything. I have stated particular facts and backed them up with constitutional resources. Your bullshit viewpoint has no constitutional standing. It's funny that you're accusing the Lt. Governor and Governor of abusing power when it is clear it is you doing it.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3833 on: May 24, 2011, 03:19:10 PM »

Excuse me, I quoted the wrong post from you.

I don't want to get involved with this little spat but it seems someone needs to step in.  If you want Giovanni out that badly, pass a law requiring northeast officeholders to reside in the Northeast.  Don't resort to petty attacks.  The Northeast has more important issues to deal with.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3834 on: May 24, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »

I didn't tell anyone to look up anything so I don't know where you come up with this crazy. If you want to challenge my viewpoint, see you in court. I don't have to argue any thing with either of you.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3835 on: May 24, 2011, 03:20:42 PM »

r

I don't want to get involved with this little spat but it seems someone needs to step in.  If you want Giovanni out that badly, pass a law requiring northeast officeholders to reside in the Northeast.  Don't resort to petty attacks.  The Northeast has more important issues to deal with.

I don't need him out, he isn't in.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3836 on: May 24, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »

r

I don't need him out, he isn't in.
And now we are back at square one.  Please sue Giovanni, or Giovanni, please sue Napoleon.  Put this out in court.  Let's see who can defend their position.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3837 on: May 24, 2011, 03:31:27 PM »

This is why our region is in such peril. We all act like children and bitch and moan and complain and don't get a mother f**king thing done and then we wonder why we are the laughing stock of Atlasia.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3838 on: May 24, 2011, 03:34:30 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2011, 03:36:46 PM by Lieber-clone SuperHack Napoleon »

Yes, we are certainly a laughingstock if we sit and allow Giovanni to troll our entire region.

Nothing is being held up. What truly makes us a joke is that we can spend weeks on an SRC report so only I end up voting for it, our puppet governor vetoes it, and we end up wasting time that way.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3839 on: May 24, 2011, 06:44:40 PM »

I honestly had the feeling that this would be the response to the SRC - there is support for it until it challenges some of the highly questionable laws of the past.

But wow... even during some of my more heated fights with Wormy and his minions - I don't recall it getting this vicious in the Assembly.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3840 on: May 24, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »

I only want to find answers regarding these constitutional questions. Most libertarians orgasm over following the Constitution, until it works against them I guess. If the Constitution was properly followed previously, I wouldn't have to resort to the court.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3841 on: May 24, 2011, 06:53:26 PM »

The Governor's veto is overridden 4/4. The bill has become law.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3842 on: May 24, 2011, 07:07:13 PM »

Napoleon, Giovanni is an Assemblyman as much as you are and was duly elected by the people of the Northeast. If you don't like that, shrink the size of the Assembly, institute a residency requirement, whatever - but he deserves to be called what the people of the Northeast desired him to be. Sure, he's a troll, sure, he's a carpetbagger, but that is this region's fault for being so dysfunctional. He won election here despite his residency in North Dakota by pointing out one of our region's flaws, and it is our responsibility to fix the flaws that were brought to our attention. Jake, this is why we cannot ignore Giovanni. Our response to the existence of a problem in our Region should not be to shrink from it and hope it goes away, but to address it openly (which, through the Convention, we're beginning to accomplish).

My main problem with Giovanni is that for most of the Assembly session he did not participate meaningfully in our affairs. If he is willing to have some discussion about the SRC report by bringing before this Assembly his honest concerns about the SRC report or the Nullification Resolution, or anything else, I welcome that. He is too late in this case, as we have already cast our votes for a veto override. But if he wants to obstruct our progress and waste our time, then I want him to get out of the way.

The debate in this body has become pure vitriol. I joined the game and ran for election because I thought it would be fun, competitive and engaging - but now it is one vicious verbal broadside after another. I want to stay here, to help fix up this region, to be a part of a strong community, but I have no interest in trying to cut through the cries of "troll!" "hypocrite!" "hack!": above which nothing currently can be heard.

We seriously need to calm down, have a little more respect for one another, and try to work through the SRC and the PRA as cooperatively as possible. Otherwise, what's the f-cking point? We're at each other's throats in an imaginary legislature in the imaginary government of an imaginary nation, and if it's not going to be constructive or fun, I'd rather f-ck off and play Minesweeper.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3843 on: May 24, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2011, 07:17:27 PM by Lieber-clone SuperHack Napoleon »

I don't agree with your interpretation off the Constitution. There is no record of out of region assemblymen prior to this and I am certain the Constitution is in agreement with my view that Giovanni is not eligible to serve in this body. We have a legal avenue established to determine whether Giovanni is eligible, he can sue if he wishes.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3844 on: May 24, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »

I don't agree with your interpretation off the Constitution. There is no record of out of region assemblymen prior to this and I am certain the Constitution is in agreement with my view that Giovanni is not eligible to serve in this body. We have a legal avenue established to determine whether Giovanni is eligible, he can sue if he wishes.
Why would Giovanni need to sue?  He has been elected, the results are certified.  To boot him out, you will need to sue him (IMO, you will lose your suit), pass a law requiring northeast officeholders to reside in the northeast, or vote him out at the next election.  You have done none of these things; instead you have whined, complained, and called people names.  If I were a northeast citizen I would as of now not consider voting you into the Senate.

This isn't an attack on you.  I'm trying to spur you into action.  Do something; win those votes if you must think of it that way.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3845 on: May 24, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »

I am doing something about it and what I believe the right now thing to do is not defy the Constitution and allow Giovanni a voice in this Assembly when he beyond any doubt in my mind is ineligible. Why would I just assume he is an Assemblyman? That is backwards. This is not a vote first, ask questions later legislature. No one has built a convincing argument as to why the other way is morally or practically superior. Being political expedient is the easy way out, but I will not allow injustice against my constituents.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3846 on: May 24, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »

I am doing something about it and what I believe the right now thing to do is not defy the Constitution and allow Giovanni a voice in this Assembly when he beyond any doubt in my mind is ineligible. Why would I just assume he is an Assemblyman? That is backwards. This is not a vote first, ask questions later legislature. No one has built a convincing argument as to why the other way is morally or practically superior. Being political expedient is the easy way out, but I will not allow injustice against my constituents.
Giovanni is elected, as you can see from the certification.  We are all expecting you to make a coherent argument, hopefully back with quotes form the constitution, as to why Giovanni is not constitutionally allowed to be a northeast citizen.  Then he will be able to respond.  Giovanni starts ahead because he was elected so you have to craft your argument first.  That is how civil debate works.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3847 on: May 24, 2011, 07:52:15 PM »

I am perfectly willing to lay out my argument in court, in fact, I welcome it.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #3848 on: May 24, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2011, 08:13:16 PM by GiOhio »

I will admit that I did not expect to win, and did not take my responsibilities seriously upon my election. That was very wrong of me, and I apologize to the Assembly for that, especially homelycooking, who I know worked very hard to reform the region. I have since changed and truly want to attempt to serve the Northeast Region. Hell, I even moved to the NE in an attempt to disperse the controversy.

If I fail, vote me out next election. However, if Napoleon truly does not believe me, I would have no problem going to court to defend myself.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3849 on: May 24, 2011, 08:19:01 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2011, 08:24:33 PM by Speaker Napoleon »

It is very good of you to admit that and I welcome you to the region when you're move ttakes effect but surely you don't take it personal that I want the Constitution to be followed? This really should have never been allowed to be dragged out this long, if you think you are right we will have to see what cinyc says. Your "contributions" to the Assembly, while nonserious and rather offensive, are no reason to disqualify your votes but your ineligibility does. At no point in this region has an outsider been allowed to participate. That doesn't change with me becoming Speaker, either.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies