Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:56:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 377480 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3675 on: April 30, 2011, 02:56:07 PM »

Whatever the case, I don't think a partisan speaker is a good idea.  I'd rather that the assembly choose a (consenting) replacement from among its members, or that the office be left vacant prior to a special election being held.

We could limit acting Governor powers to only amendments, elections, and emergency executive actions. No legislation.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3676 on: April 30, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »

Whatever the case, I don't think a partisan speaker is a good idea.  I'd rather that the assembly choose a (consenting) replacement from among its members, or that the office be left vacant prior to a special election being held.

We could limit acting Governor powers to only amendments, elections, and emergency executive actions. No legislation.

Sounds like a reasonable compromise.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3677 on: April 30, 2011, 03:17:26 PM »

What determines whether a governor is absent, assuming that he hasn't declared his leave? Is it a failure to post in certain forums, to respond to messages, to visit the forum in general? In other words, how do we determine when the 7 days begin, when they end, and when they may have been interrupted? Also, does the passage of those 7 days of "inactivity" constitute a "sudden vacancy"?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3678 on: April 30, 2011, 03:22:40 PM »

What determines whether a governor is absent, assuming that he hasn't declared his leave? Is it a failure to post in certain forums, to respond to messages, to visit the forum in general? In other words, how do we determine when the 7 days begin, when they end, and when they may have been interrupted? Also, does the passage of those 7 days of "inactivity" constitute a "sudden vacancy"?

We need to decide that right now.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3679 on: May 01, 2011, 01:50:48 PM »

I am tabling this for now. We need to consider a Constitutional Convention, it's getting a bit ridiculous.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3680 on: May 01, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »

Vital Civic Information Act

1. The Government of the Northeast shall keep a complete and accurate record at all times of the names of current members of the Assembly, the names of the region's executive and judicial officers, the dates of any forthcoming general or special elections and any other information which the government sees fit to make its citizens aware of.

2. The information to be made public by this act shall be published within three days of the passage of this Act.

3. Any future changes to the above information must be made within three days of an event necessitating a change, such as a new officer/legislator's ascendance to or removal from his respective office or the calling of a new special election.

4. Any member of the Legislature, or of the Executive or Judicial Branches, may make any necessary changes to the above information.

5. The above information shall be made public through at least one of the following media:
a. A new thread in the Regional Governments subforum of the Atlas Fantasy Government forum; or
b. The appropriate pages in the Atlasia Wiki.

6. If any inappropriate information, such as any egregious self-promotional, offensive or irrelevant text is made public through the media specified in 5 a or b, the Chief Judicial Officer is hereby authorized to remove it, at his discretion, upon the recommendation of any Northeast Citizen.
I move that this be considered by the Assembly, all in favour say 'aye', the ayes have it.

The sponsor, Representative homelycooking, will now speak to the Bill, debate will last 48 hours.

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3681 on: May 01, 2011, 08:19:01 PM »

My purpose in writing this bill was obvious: I think our citizens ought to be able to go to a thread or a Wiki page and find out who their elected officials are. When I first arrived in the Northeast, I had to ask to find out who some of my representatives were. I don't want that to be the case for any resident in the future, and so I urge passage of this act so that we have a statutory mandate for information availability and civic communication in the Northeast.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3682 on: May 01, 2011, 09:56:09 PM »

This has my full support. We should consider linking new citizens to this information when they join.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3683 on: May 02, 2011, 02:38:34 PM »

Well, we do have a Wiki page, listing government officials.  That it hadn't been routinely updated over the past year or so is the bigger issue.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3684 on: May 02, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2011, 02:48:21 PM by cinyc »

FYI-
This morning, Jake Matthews resigned from the Lt. Governorship and swore in as a member of the Northeast Assembly.  Under Article IV, Section vii of the New Northeast Constitution, the Assembly must recommend someone to fill the vacant Lt. Governor's seat before the Governor can name a replacement.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3685 on: May 02, 2011, 04:52:20 PM »

Well, we do have a Wiki page, listing government officials.  That it hadn't been routinely updated over the past year or so is the bigger issue.

My problem with the Wiki is that there are a number of pages referencing current or past NE officials, and it's difficult to make sure that all of them are correct and up to date. A new thread might be more useful, considering that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3686 on: May 02, 2011, 04:57:21 PM »

We will hold a nomination period for Lt. Governor concurrently, as not to delay the resolution for a Constitutional Convention.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3687 on: May 02, 2011, 05:02:17 PM »

I'll nominate Representative Homelycooking for Lt. Governor.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3688 on: May 02, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »

The CJO has stated that you are not a member of the Assembly. I planned to nominate you, since you are out of a job apparently.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3689 on: May 03, 2011, 03:00:03 AM »

The CJO has stated that you are not a member of the Assembly. I planned to nominate you, since you are out of a job apparently.

Well, technically, the CJO has stated that the Governor did not certify Wormguy a member of this Assembly, but if anyone disagrees with that certification and has a valid legal argument, they are more than welcome to file a lawsuit in my court - as with any certification.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3690 on: May 04, 2011, 07:10:18 PM »

Vital Civic Information Act

1. The Government of the Northeast shall keep a complete and accurate record at all times of the names of current members of the Assembly, the names of the region's executive and judicial officers, the dates of any forthcoming general or special elections and any other information which the government sees fit to make its citizens aware of.

2. The information to be made public by this act shall be published within three days of the passage of this Act.

3. Any future changes to the above information must be made within three days of an event necessitating a change, such as a new officer/legislator's ascendance to or removal from his respective office or the calling of a new special election.

4. Any member of the Legislature, or of the Executive or Judicial Branches, may make any necessary changes to the above information.

5. The above information shall be made public through at least one of the following media:
a. A new thread in the Regional Governments subforum of the Atlas Fantasy Government forum; or
b. The appropriate pages in the Atlasia Wiki.

6. If any inappropriate information, such as any egregious self-promotional, offensive or irrelevant text is made public through the media specified in 5 a or b, the Chief Judicial Officer is hereby authorized to remove it, at his discretion, upon the recommendation of any Northeast Citizen.

A final vote is called for this legislation. Representatives you have 24 hours to vote.

We will simultaneously recommend a Lt. Governor.

[ ] wormyguy
[ ] Write-in: _____________
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3691 on: May 05, 2011, 10:02:27 AM »

On the bill: Aye.
For lieutenant governor: Wormyguy.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #3692 on: May 05, 2011, 01:14:43 PM »

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3693 on: May 05, 2011, 01:16:02 PM »

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3694 on: May 05, 2011, 03:02:35 PM »

For Lt. Governor:
[1] Wormyguy
[2] Osama bin Laden
[3] The guy that killed Osama bin Laden
[4] Bobby McFerrin
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3695 on: May 05, 2011, 07:45:12 PM »

Aye
EarlAW
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3696 on: May 07, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3697 on: May 07, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »

Assemblymen:

On behalf of the SRC, I humbly request that the SRC's commission be extended to the 20th day following the passage of the bill, or this Thursday. The commission has been hard at work, but we need additional time to finish our review and assemble the final report.

hc/lcf, Chairman of the Statutory Review Commission
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3698 on: May 08, 2011, 12:41:25 AM »

Sorry I've been absent and probably will remain so until Monday. Wormyguy is recommended and this bill has passed as well.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3699 on: May 08, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »

Shall the SRC be given until the 20th day?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies