Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:04:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 377453 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: December 22, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »
« edited: December 22, 2009, 11:50:21 AM by Northeast Lt. Governor Barnes »

Antonio's cluelessness and inability to be professional were my reasons for voting against him. He further proved it with his posts in this thread.

Order!

Members will respect one another.

I respectfully refuse. I speak the truth and nothing but. His immature behavior cost him my vote.

You mean you refuse to listen to the chair?

I direct the Sergent-At-Arms to remove the Rep. from the Chamber.  Maybe an hour of cooling-off time.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1051 on: December 22, 2009, 11:42:34 AM »

Antonio's cluelessness and inability to be professional were my reasons for voting against him. He further proved it with his posts in this thread.

Order!

I respectfully refuse. I speak the truth and nothing but. His immature behavior cost him my vote.

I direct the Sergent-At-Arms to remove the Rep. form the Chamber.  Maybe an hour of cooling-off time.

Yes. I refuse to listen to you or anyone else.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1052 on: December 22, 2009, 11:51:12 AM »

Order!

I direct the Sergent-At-Arms to remove the Rep. form the Chamber.  Maybe an hour of cooling-off time.

Yes. I refuse to listen to you or anyone else.

You will be at order!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1053 on: December 22, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »

There will be order in the Assembly. This is a first, and final order.  If Representative does not come to order, I will presue this further with the rest of the Assembly, and the CJO.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1054 on: December 22, 2009, 04:55:23 PM »

Can I respectfully ask you what you mean by this ?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1055 on: December 22, 2009, 05:23:55 PM »

Your bitter partisan attacks and inability to respect others led me to vote for cinyc, someone who has never spoke ill of any group without due reason.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1056 on: December 22, 2009, 05:41:25 PM »

Your bitter partisan attacks and inability to respect others led me to vote for cinyc, someone who has never spoke ill of any group without due reason.

Please, tell me when I ever made partisan attacks and lacked respect toward other Reps. in the Assembly thread.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1057 on: December 22, 2009, 06:17:50 PM »

Please, tell me when I ever made partisan attacks and lacked respect toward other Reps. in the Assembly thread.

Not in this thread, maybe. I'm not going to dig. But certainly around the bord. You have spread ies and been openly hostile to myself, Libertas, andothers. If you ant a higher office, run for Governor. I will votefor you in February i you do.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1058 on: December 22, 2009, 06:26:39 PM »

My vote for speaker goes to Cinyc.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1059 on: December 22, 2009, 06:29:52 PM »

Not in this thread, maybe. I'm not going to dig. But certainly around the bord. You have spread ies and been openly hostile to myself, Libertas, andothers. If you ant a higher office, run for Governor. I will votefor you in February i you do.

I have always been polite with all of you in legislative debates. Notwithsatnding my personal concerns with you, I voted most of your bills because I found them good and well-written. So please don't call me immature.  I can perfectly accept that you don't vote for me, but please don't throw dishonest attacks against me.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1060 on: December 22, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »

I have always been polite with all of you in legislative debates. Notwithsatnding my personal concerns with you, I voted most of your bills because I found them good and well-written. So please don't call me immature.  I can perfectly accept that you don't vote for me, but please don't throw dishonest attacks against me.

But its true though. You treat people you disagree with pretty poorly.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1061 on: December 22, 2009, 06:38:04 PM »

As a Northeast Representative, I have always debated about issues and never with personal anger. I challenge you to prove the contrary.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1062 on: December 22, 2009, 06:40:41 PM »

As a Northeast Representative, I have always debated about issues and never with personal anger. I challenge you to prove the contrary.

Actually, you called me an 'idiot' multiple times.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1063 on: December 22, 2009, 06:48:01 PM »

On subjects that had nothing to do with the Assembly.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1064 on: December 22, 2009, 06:48:48 PM »

On subjects that had nothing to do with the Assembly.

No, I'm pretty sure you insulted me in the Assembly too once or twice.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1065 on: December 22, 2009, 07:03:23 PM »

If I did, I apologize. Anyways, the attacks thrown by Hamilton against me remain ridiculous and groundless, especially coming from him. But I've now understood that the truth is irrelevant for Hamilton, and that, since he has the majority, he will have no problem to impose his own vision on everything.
Hamilton and Libertas, I really look forward to see what will be your opinion of the bills I have introduced, and if you will just bother to look at the text instead of just making them fail because of who introduced them. If you will propose Amendment or just discard them since the beginning. Now we will see who are the hacks and who are the ones who work for the improvement of our region.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1066 on: December 22, 2009, 08:12:52 PM »

If I did, I apologize. Anyways, the attacks thrown by Hamilton against me remain ridiculous and groundless, especially coming from him. But I've now understood that the truth is irrelevant for Hamilton, and that, since he has the majority, he will have no problem to impose his own vision on everything.
Hamilton and Libertas, I really look forward to see what will be your opinion of the bills I have introduced, and if you will just bother to look at the text instead of just making them fail because of who introduced them. If you will propose Amendment or just discard them since the beginning. Now we will see who are the hacks and who are the ones who work for the improvement of our region.

See. You just proved correct what I've been saying. "I will have no problem to impose my vision on everyting." lol? What? I've collaborated with almost every Representative on various peices of legislation, have a taken an inclusive approach to legislation and worked to get my bills to pass with as many votes as possble rather than ramming them through with the bare minimum.

You may think what I've said are ttacks, but I think what you've just said here is an attack. You know me well enough by now to know that I will only stop when you do. I have done my best to bridge left and right within my legislation, never once have I been partisan and divisive in my aproach.

What you say around the forum also affected my vote. Don't try to say that I shouldn't judge on things that exit outside this thread. You have been more than eager to vote against me and criticize me despite "strongly suppoprting" the large majority of my legislation. You judge me based on what other people think of me. That's your righ. But if I want to vote for someone abit more civil and respectful,and far less partisan (non-partisan, really), then I shall do so and encourage others to as well.

You neer had a problem with me until te ARC was created. Andbe honest. You'd never even consider votingme in s Speaker.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1067 on: December 22, 2009, 08:57:39 PM »

The expectation for respect doesn't stop at the borders of this thread.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1068 on: December 22, 2009, 09:34:02 PM »

Order!

Do any of you understand that this is not a thread for personal debate?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1069 on: December 22, 2009, 10:19:48 PM »

Yes, can we please keep this to business for right now. I'd like to get a Speaker elected, so that we can call for a Holiday Recess for the region.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1070 on: December 22, 2009, 10:36:10 PM »

Yes, can we please keep this to business for right now. I'd like to get a Speaker elected, so that we can call for a Holiday Recess for the region.

Well, we have 7 votes in - everyone but Fezzyfestoon's.  I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for Fezzy to vote, given his past voting history.  Even if he does and votes for Antonio V, I think I would win 4-3-1.

Mr. Lt. Governor - are you going to take your federal seat immediately?  If so, Gov. AndrewCT, can we wait until after the Holiday Recess to recommend a new Lt. Gov. - or should we do that before the recess?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1071 on: December 22, 2009, 10:41:04 PM »

Well, we have 7 votes in - everyone but Fezzyfestoon's.  I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for Fezzy to vote, given his past voting history.  Even if he does and votes for Antonio V, I think I would win 4-3-1.

Mr. Lt. Governor - are you going to take your federal seat immediately?  If so, Gov. AndrewCT, can we wait until after the Holiday Recess to recommend a new Lt. Gov. - or should we do that before the recess?

I plan on resigning after the Speakership election. That should give the Governor ample time. Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1072 on: December 23, 2009, 12:18:10 AM »

cinyc: 4 votes
Antonio : 2 votes
Write In: 1 vote
One abstention (fezzy)

cinyc is hereby elected Speaker of this Assembly.

Congratulations, Mr. Speaker.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1073 on: December 23, 2009, 12:52:50 AM »

Thank you, Former Lt. Governor Barnes for your dedicated work as Lt. Governor for the past few months.  Your presence will be missed.  Good luck in your new endeavor at the HAEV!

Is there a motion to adjourn on the floor?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1074 on: December 23, 2009, 02:45:36 AM »

Move to adjourn!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length