Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:09:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 377629 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: November 19, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »

Well, this is the least important part of the bill, so in exchange to the promise for you to vote in favor of the amended bill I may support it.
Petty politics... Tongue
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #726 on: November 19, 2009, 02:30:30 PM »

Well, this is the least important part of the bill, so in exchange to the promise for you to vote in favor of the amended bill I may support it.
Petty politics... Tongue

Deal.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #727 on: November 19, 2009, 02:35:42 PM »

Petty politics... Tongue

Deal.

Great.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #728 on: November 19, 2009, 07:36:04 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2009, 07:44:23 PM by cinyc »

Let me try to put language to a proposed amendment:

Northeast Gun Safety Act

1. Selling firearms to any person below the age of 18 is illegal.
2. Salespersons are required to check customer idenity before transaction.
3. It is a misdemeanor to knowingly selling firearms to convicted felons is illegal:
a) any individual convicted of a felony under federal law while that individual's right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been suspended by a court of law under the provisions of F.L. 9-2: Protection of the Right to Bear Arms Act, or
b) any individual who has been convicted of a violent crime or robbery under Northeast law and whose right to apply for a Northeast conceal carry license would not have otherwise been restored under Section 4 of the Northeast Concealed Carry Act of 2005
4. It is a misdemeanor to knowingly selling firearms to any individuals with confirmed serious mental ilness is illegal whose right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been affirmatively suspended by a court of law in affirmative proceeding determining that such individual is mentally insane.  Any individual whose right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been suspended in such a proceeding shall be entitled to petition a court for restoration that right at any time beginning one year after such suspension.
5. Every school in the Northeast Region is required to provide a compulsory coursed for every student below the age of 15 about dangers of using the firearms, as well as about providing a basic medical help to gunshot victims in every 3 months.

Or, without the strikethroughs:
3. It is a misdemeanor to knowingly sell firearms to:
a) any individual convicted of a felony under federal law while that individual's right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been suspended by a court of law under the provisions of F.L. 9-2: Protection of the Right to Bear Arms Act, or
b) any individual who has been convicted of a violent crime or robbery under Northeast law and whose right to apply for a Northeast conceal carry license would not have otherwise been restored under Section 4 of the Northeast Concealed Carry Act of 2005.
4. It is a misdemeanor to knowingly sell firearms to any individual whose right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been affirmatively suspended by a court of law in affirmative proceeding determining that such individual is mentally insane.  Any individual whose right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been suspended in such a proceeding shall be entitled to petition a court for restoration that right at any time beginning one year after such suspension.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #729 on: November 19, 2009, 07:43:30 PM »

A few points on my proposed amendment:

1) The original bill never stated what level of crime selling guns to felons or those with confirmed mental illness would be.  I've chosen misdemeanor, but we should discuss whether it should be something lower (a violation) or higher (some sort of felony).
2) I added a knowing requirement because, quite frankly, I don't think we or the feds keep a database for sellers to check.  This bill doesn't fund or create any such database.
3) I've tried to draft the amendment to track current current Northeast and federal law so that it passes constitutional muster.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #730 on: November 19, 2009, 07:47:50 PM »

Let me try to put language to a proposed amendment:

Northeast Gun Safety Act

3. It is a misdemeanor to knowingly selling firearms to convicted felons is illegal:
b) any individual who has been convicted of a violent crime or robbery under Northeast law and whose right to apply for a Northeast conceal carry license would not have otherwise been restored under Section 4 of the Northeast Concealed Carry Act of 2005
4. It is a misdemeanor to knowingly selling firearms to any individuals with confirmed serious mental ilness is illegal whose right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been affirmatively suspended by a court of law in affirmative proceeding determining that such individual is mentally insane.  Any individual whose right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been suspended in such a proceeding shall be entitled to petition a court for restoration that right at any time beginning one year after such suspension.
5. Every school in the Northeast Region is required to provide a compulsory coursed for every student below the age of 15 about dangers of using the firearms, as well as about providing a basic medical help to gunshot victims in every 3 months.

Or, without the strikethroughs:
b) any individual who has been convicted of a violent crime or robbery under Northeast law and whose right to apply for a Northeast conceal carry license would not have otherwise been restored under Section 4 of the Northeast Concealed Carry Act of 2005.
4. It is a misdemeanor to knowingly sell firearms to any individual whose right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been affirmatively suspended by a court of law in affirmative proceeding determining that such individual is mentally insane.  Any individual whose right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been suspended in such a proceeding shall be entitled to petition a court for restoration that right at any time beginning one year after such suspension.

Is this friendly, Antonio?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #731 on: November 20, 2009, 11:09:44 AM »

Accepted as friendly. Wink
Very good job, BTW.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #732 on: November 20, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »

I open up a final vote on the following Bill. Please vote Aye, nay or Abstain. Voting lasts twenty-four hours.

Northeast Gun Safety Act

4. It is a misdemeanor to knowingly sell firearms to any individual whose right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been affirmatively suspended by a court of law in affirmative proceeding determining that such individual is mentally insane.  Any individual whose right to bear firearms and low-potency explosives has been suspended in such a proceeding shall be entitled to petition a court for restoration that right at any time beginning one year after such suspension.

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #733 on: November 20, 2009, 05:01:55 PM »

Aye
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #734 on: November 20, 2009, 05:09:34 PM »

I'm a man of my word, and I see nothing wrong with this bill, so:

AYE.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #735 on: November 20, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »

This is perfectly acceptable.

Aye
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #736 on: November 20, 2009, 06:10:51 PM »

Oh, is that my former project? Smiley

Btw, isn't Hamilton seat vacant since he left Atlasia?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #737 on: November 20, 2009, 06:11:53 PM »

Oh, is that my former project? Smiley

Btw, isn't Hamilton seat vacant since he left Atlasia?

It's been filled.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #738 on: November 20, 2009, 06:43:07 PM »

Sorry but as you know I was not really around recently.

Who replaced Rocky and Hamilton?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #739 on: November 20, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »

Winston Disraeli replaced Rocky. 

I don't think Hamilton has even been removed from the Assembly yet.  He's made no formal resignation and hasn't been convicted of a crime - or even brought up on any charges, yet.  Governor Andrew CT certainly hasn't named any replacement on his office thread.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #740 on: November 20, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »

A very good Bill. Aye.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #741 on: November 20, 2009, 10:25:31 PM »

I don't think Hamilton has even been removed from the Assembly yet.  He's made no formal resignation and hasn't been convicted of a crime - or even brought up on any charges, yet.  Governor Andrew CT certainly hasn't named any replacement on his office thread.

I havent heard anything yet on his resignation, or anything yet. Has his time run out in this place yet?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #742 on: November 20, 2009, 11:02:38 PM »

I havent heard anything yet on his resignation, or anything yet. Has his time run out in this place yet?

I haven't see anything, either. But, if he misses this vote and the next one (he's already missed this one), he'll be expelled from the Assembly.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #743 on: November 21, 2009, 08:25:49 AM »

Aye.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #744 on: November 21, 2009, 03:39:38 PM »

Notice from the president:

Until the matter of whether or not Hamilton is still a member of Atlasia, all legislation proposed by Rep. Hamilton will not be considered.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #745 on: November 21, 2009, 04:31:25 PM »

The Ayes are five, the Nays are zero. The Bill has passed. I present it to the Governor for his signature or veto.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #746 on: November 21, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »

Huzzah!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #747 on: November 21, 2009, 08:44:27 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2009, 09:26:30 PM by cinyc »

Notice from the president:

Until the matter of whether or not Hamilton is still a member of Atlasia, all legislation proposed by Rep. Hamilton will not be considered.

That's fine.  Other members might want to look at the queue to see if they want to sponsor any of Hamilton's bills.

Edited to add: As I see it, Mr. Moderate's Cape Wind bill should be next, followed by Dr. Cynic's Green Jobs initiative.  Everything else is Hamilton's, so there should be time to debate a few other bills before the next election.  I've added a revised Amending Procedure Amendment to the queue tonight - which will basically put proposed amendments to a public vote on the third Friday of the month.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #748 on: November 21, 2009, 10:03:15 PM »

Resolution in Support of Cape Wind

Whereas the Northeast Region believes that clean energy provides both environmental and eventual economic benefit that outweighs aesthetic concerns, and,

Whereas the Northeast Region wishes to be a national leader in the move towards clean energy, and,

Whereas the Cape Wind Energy Project, an offshore wind farm off Nantucket Island in Massachusetts, has the support of 84% of Massachusetts adults )according to a 2007 public opinion survey),

Therefore be it resolved that the Northeastern Legislature affirms its support for the Cape Wind Energy Project.

The question is shall be the Bill be considered?

Those in favor, say Aye. Those opposed, No.

The Ayes have.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #749 on: November 21, 2009, 11:01:10 PM »

Hamilton is not benned. His name still shows up on the Members List.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies