Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:54:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 377493 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2010, 07:22:33 AM »

I guess we should just wait until Andrew resigns and hold them both on the same day to make it easier.

Actually, under Article V, Section iv of the New Northeast Constitution, there should have been an election for the whole Assembly last Friday.  This Assembly's time is up.

Hmmm.. well hopefully someone will want to open this up, that would be super duper.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2010, 11:29:31 AM »

I guess we should just wait until Andrew resigns and hold them both on the same day to make it easier.

Actually, under Article V, Section iv of the New Northeast Constitution, there should have been an election for the whole Assembly last Friday.  This Assembly's time is up.

Well that's dumb. We should have Assembly elections the same time as the Gubernatorial and Lt. Gubernatorial ones.

By the by, did anyone even declare to run for Assembly? That's probably why I forgot about it.

I dont think anyone declared... but if we open a voting booth with just write-in down, those seeking"re-election" can just put themselves down first preference, and annnounce they are accepting write- ins.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2010, 06:04:47 PM »

Let's just assume these are the winners. Anyway the election for the next assembly's coming up shortly.

The Governor or the Lt. Governor could have certified the ballot.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2011, 03:58:12 PM »

He never swore in, thus he never resigned and can still swear in and become an assembly member.

He did
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »

I appointed Giovanni simply due to the fact that he was the only person interested. However, the fact that he wants the slot likely means he's willing to work in it...I hope.

Just to give you some friendly advice, when you need stuff like that, sometimes you gotta go out and start PMing people who you think might do the job well. Thats what I did when I had to fill vacancies to the Assembly.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2011, 07:53:28 AM »

At one point I was, yes. But than they stopped selling Faygo in the CT area.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »

Giovanni is the Lt. Governor, the Governor does not have the power to hire and fire Lt. Governors.

Except he hasnt sworn in. And thus for now he isnt. He didnt answer any questions, and his last known post on here was when he was declaring himself Lt. Governor. Now, if he shows up and swears in, great.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »

Giovanni is the Lt. Governor, the Governor does not have the power to hire and fire Lt. Governors.

Except he hasnt sworn in. And thus for now he isnt. He didnt answer any questions, and his last known post on here was when he was declaring himself Lt. Governor. Now, if he shows up and swears in, great.

Pretty sure there aren't any Atlasian laws on the matter, but since US laws are presumed to apply where Atlasian ones do not, he's Lt. Governor as soon as he's chosen whether or not he swears in, which is a formality.

You can lose office if you are not active within it for 10 days, unless given prior notice. So if 10 days after he was appointed, he does not swear in or take office in some manner, he would lose it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2011, 08:37:08 AM »

I just have to ask.. when exactly did the Northeast Assembly change from a place where actual business was conducted, to where we now have to speak in meme to pass bills? It is quite depressing.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2011, 10:16:22 AM »

I just have to ask.. when exactly did the Northeast Assembly change from a place where actual business was conducted, to where we now have to speak in meme to pass bills? It is quite depressing.

When CT stopped runnin dis bitch, that's when.

People from CT knew how to run things well. Makes me worry a little bit.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »

Uhh... let's just give it to Scott.

This session is now open.

Would that be legal?  The Northeast Assembly Speaker Act authorizes that the Speaker be elected by a majority of legislators.  But of course, there are other parts of that act that the Assembly doesn't follow, either, technically.

Just want to clarify so there won't be any problems.

Yeah... pretty sure it isnt legal.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »

I once again encourage Assemblymen to participate in the discussion.

You have to place the fear into them Mr. Governor! Threaten them to discuss. Tell them that you will replace them with a egg salad sandwich if they dont work. Thats what I did when I was Governor.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2012, 03:53:02 PM »

I will refer the Assembly to Article V, Section xi of the old Constitution for verification of my accuracy. I do not appreciate being called a liar.

I believe he was talking to the constitution before that. It somehow got deleted from the wiki.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies