Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 377510 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2010, 12:59:46 AM »

I just want to thank the Northeast government for taking GM reports seriously and fully engaging in the content matter. The ongoing situation has and will proceed to involve a broad swathe of the game, from the entire regional government to a national conversation and possibly a case before the Supreme Court.

This should be a model for how other regions handle such situations in the future and I appreciate how well you all have responded.

~PS

P.S. Feel free to PM me for negotiations. I have not yet received any counter-offers to the initial offer of the union. I know it's all wrapped up with Rowan at the moment, but moving on parallel tracks simultaneously may be a good idea.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2010, 12:57:19 AM »

A not entirely insane proposal in the Northeast Assembly? What the hell is going on here!

Of course you'd be in favor of a law that already does what Section 1(f) of the unconstitutional Atlasian National Healthcare Act says plus adds a discriminatory provision raising health insurance prices for young single males by forcing them to pay for services they don't need.

I oppose this bill.

Feel free to challenge it in court (again).
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2010, 12:33:41 AM »

The region's legislature did this odd sorta thing where it grew and grew and grew and then popped. It is kinda like a financial bubble of sorts, which is a fairly good reason to remove floating numbers of seats.

I do think six is okay considering the size of the region. You can't blame it for an ebb tide.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 10:38:46 PM »

I hope this Assembly will choose to consider a ConCon resolution early on. It is something that will lend itself to extensive debate and will also help my administration make good on the major promise of our campaign.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2010, 01:27:59 AM »

I thank the Assembly for passing the Convention petition. Hopefully its actual implementation will legitimize it in the eyes of those of you who are on the fence.

William, I did not mean to take the vote of the Northeast Assembly for granted, but I was simply following the rules of the Constitution in calling for the creation of the Convention when I did. The current Constitution says that upon petition of the citizens of a majority of the regions, the president shall call a Constitutional Convention with the advice and consent of the Senate. The timing of my announcement was perhaps inopportune, but such is the pitfalls of having late nights. Wink

Anyway, I do encourage you to read our draft Constitution and provide any constructive feedback. I do hope that the Convention will use the draft that we posted on the Wiki as a template, but I think that greater input will produce many other positive changes. The end result should be a Constitution that is cleaner and simpler, but also one that maintains the structure of the game as it stands now. Think of it more as cleaning up the Constitution, rather than overhauling it.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2010, 09:43:53 PM »

Thanks for moving so quickly!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2010, 02:03:36 AM »

As the proposed new Constitution must be ratified by the regions, I am posting this public service announcement in the threads of the regional legislatures:

Very Important Announcement

The Constitutional Convention is reaching its end, with the final two documents being voted on as we speak.

At this time, delegates and all Atlasians are welcome to offer their thoughts on an amendment to ANY part of the new Constitution, which will be considered all at once in one final amendment vote coming up in the next 48-72 hours. This means that any changes you would like to see to the current document should be offered right now.

Here is the relevant announcement in the Convention thread:

During the next 48 hours, please offer any amendments, as well as debate, that you would like to see considered for any part of the document. This is your last chance to make finishing touches to any of the more controversial changes, including dual-office holding, regional legislatures, the legislative restart, etc.

Feel free to offer opposing variations to amendments as well, which will then be brought up as a package vote.

Here is the relevant links to help you out:

Constitutional Convention thread

Constitutional Convention completed documents page

Please review the completed documents and post here or in the Convention thread with your comments, ideas or amendments. I would be happy to offer well thought out amendments on behalf of non-delegates.

This is a crucial moment in this process, as the next step is a final vote and then presentation to the regions for approval.

Thanks,
~President Purple State

Articles VII and VIII have been passed and the entire proposed Third Constitution is now nearly set. There is now just under 24 hours remaining for the proposal of amendments to any part of this document, before a final vote and presentation to the regions for the ratification process.

Please, I implore all the citizens of Atlasia, read through the completed documents page (linked in the quoted announcement above) and propose any amendments in this thread or in the Constitutional Convention thread (also linked above). Even if you don't know how to word the amendment properly, provide your thoughts and I will help you out.

Also, what the hell happened to this legislature?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2010, 06:55:46 PM »

Then the "current" Assembly should impeach Mr. Moderate and appoint a new CJO to ratify those results.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies