Republican Revolution..... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:31:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Republican Revolution..... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Revolution.....  (Read 8483 times)
Kghadial
Rookie

« on: March 05, 2004, 04:24:55 PM »

Many (myself included) believe that we are headed for another long time period of GOP Presidents. Like we had back in the 1800's and early 1900's:

16. Lincoln RE-ELECTED BUT KILLED
18. Grant TWO TERMS
19. Hayes
20. Garfield KILLED SHORTLY AFTER ELECTED
21. Arthur NEVER WON HIS OWN TERM
23. Harrison
25. McKinley RE-ELECTED BUT KILLED
26. TR
27. Taft
Only 3 Democrat Presidents in between. How about the future:

43. Bush
44. Giuliani
45. Rice
46. Huckabee? Who KNOWS?

I think you're right if Bush wins.. if he loses I see Dems for a bit.  If he loses the next Dem can take credit for the boom Bush will leave him - just like Clinton did with the Bush senior/Reagan boom of the 1990's.

Bush Boom? Republicans have been predicting a bush boom every quarter since mid 2002.  They run around and say we will have 300,000 new jobs next month and GDP will increase at a 8% annual rate ... it's funny to think of dissapearing dick running around. Can't you see Cheney running around screaming about job gains. Republicans should scream more, a good scream can do a body good.

Seriously, you need Deadlock if you want a boom, because deadlock = stability , stability = big spending .  I personally won't invest a cent of my pitiful life savings into stock markets, or go on a spending spree unless we have some deadlock in Washington. '94 to '99 was pure Gingrich on Clinton deadlock it was a beautiful time for the economy. Obviously this rule is not a cardinal one or anything, but on the whole in a pro-business climate like we have now deadlock is a beautiful thing.

So yes there will be a "bush boom" if Kerry is elected but that's because he won't be able do more than cosmetic changes to anything.  If Bush is reelected and the senate and House become prohibitively Republican we won't have deadlock and the economy will not reach its full potential.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 04:48:16 PM »

I see a Dukakis-Bush type election for Bush.

Kerry will almost certainly do better than Dukakis did. Especially electorally.

I think he meant that Bush would get EVs like Dukakis and Kerry will get Bush '88 like EVs  Wink

Bush is such a polarizing figure, its hard to see him picking up more than 5 Gore states, and he won't be getting CA or NY or IL or MI so he can't really get a huge # like his father.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 04:57:35 PM »

I see a Dukakis-Bush type election for Bush.

Kerry will almost certainly do better than Dukakis did. Especially electorally.

I think he meant that Bush would get EVs like Dukakis and Kerry will get Bush '88 like EVs  Wink

Bush is such a polarizing figure, its hard to see him picking up more than 5 Gore states, and he won't be getting CA or NY or IL or MI so he can't really get a huge # like his father.

Exactly my point.

I know i just wanted to say that 'he thinks bush will get Dukakis like numbers' .
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 01:21:10 AM »

Kerry will do better than Dukakis.  why?

1. BushII is an incumbent, BushI was not
2. BushI was running on Reagan's coattails
3. Bush is the most polarizing leader in the history of Earth as we know it

He might be the most polarizing figure in history.  Hitler was extremely popular is gemany for a time. the grand majority of people living under dictators and communists were united in their common hate for their leaders.

But Bush ...  40% hate him, 35% love him, 10% go along because he is a republican, 5% go against because he's a republican ... the other ten are swing voters: 1/3 biased against him 1/3 biased for him and 1/3 true swingers

But i might be wrong, maybe he does something A-fricking-mazing
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 01:50:23 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2004, 01:56:14 AM by Kghadial »

The Hitler comparison is rare.  That's why Republicans get pissed off, you see?

I was just stating that hitler wasn't polarazing.  Bush is polarazing, I am CONTRASTING the two.

I'll constrast in other ways that are positive for King George.

Hitler took Germany into a ride into oblivion, George hasn't.  Hitler killed millions, George hasn't come close.  Hitler inspired a worldwide alliance against him, George has only pissed people off worldwide. etc.

I'll state it now:

Hitler was infinitely many times worse than Bush, even if he was better for the economy (can't resist a dig here and there).

Republicans say a vote against Bush is letting the terrorists win, so evidently all is fair in politics.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 02:25:13 AM »

The Clintons will go away, Bill had only one kid and Chelsea won't be having any children with the last name Clinton.

The Bushes however ....  The tribe of Prescott has many sons, many tentacles.  Jeb is next up to be King Bush III, and George P. (Jeb's son) is up to be King George III - Bush IV   .    Who knows the progeny of Neil, or the George P's children .... the Bushs will be with us for a long time

Did you know that the tribe of Andrew Jackson is coming to a close.  Andrew Jackson the seventh or something had only daughters so thats all there is.  I dare say the progeny of George P could have tentacles that long, popping up in politics.

But that's not the point , is it?

Both sides will moan for years, even after that. Maybe it is the progeny of Al Gore , or Birch Bayh, or Chafee etc.

The moaning may never end, but who knows perhaps a moderate president that doesn't piss people of will come along.  Both parties will have to stop running away from the center to pick a candidate. McCain might have been that moan stopper, Lieberman or Edwards maybe too.  If they had picked King George I in 1980 perhaps, or someone other than McGovern in '72 ....

moderates die, be they Al Gore, or Clinton, or King George I or Carter, or Nixon.  The moaning will never cease until  a moderate can survive

We all yank chains, some of us are just more blatant than others.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies