Republican Revolution..... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:55:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Republican Revolution..... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Revolution.....  (Read 8500 times)
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« on: March 05, 2004, 02:52:06 PM »

Do you think Huckabee uses a big stick when he beats his wife?  I think he's more of an open-handed kinda guy.

Rule of Thumb
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 02:12:45 PM »

I think that its funny that Bush is saying tax cuts that take effect in 2014-2018 will boost sales and profits this year or next year.  They may inspire some large projects but by that same token they may render some projects unnecessary.  Really the only thing they might actually accomplish is to extend contract expirey by about 4 years or caues lawyers to add a 4 year option to extend to contracts.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 11:27:59 AM »

I would say that when education is weighted in, urban/suburban blacks and whites are tied and rural blacks and whites are tied for conservatism/liberalism.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 01:40:30 PM »

The Democrats might be able to take the fiscal conservatism away from the GOP.  If they did, much of the south and midwest would go to them.  The GOP is spending like a drunken sailor at the moment.  If the Dems seize the chance they could take back the House and Senate and hold the White House for a few decades.  If the GOP manages to reign in spending or the Blue Dogs don't shape Kerry's platform then the Dems will have no chance going forwards in either branch of Gvt.  If the Dems had picked Dean and he ran on his record as a Conservative to Moderate Governor, they might have been able to pick up LA, VA, GA, IN, OH, NH, AZ, NV, NC, FL, and maybe one of the Dakotas or MT.  But Kerry is a regular tax-and-spend Liberal elitist so the GOP is looking strong.

But Bush is a borrow-and-spend Liberal elitist so the effects may not be so drastic.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 07:21:53 PM »

Did any of you read his platform.  For all practical purposes he was a center-right rural governor.  If he ran as he governed he would win all the states I mentioned.  The fiscal conservatism that won Gov. Warner his term would especially have helped him in Appellatia and the Border-South. However, in the primary race, he was too successful in passing himself off as a liberal, creating the impression you all seem to hold.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 10:11:02 PM »

If Dean was a reckless driver, then Kerry is a driver without a sense of direction.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 10:49:56 PM »

I can't imagine Bush quipping at anyone, let alone a skilled orator like Kerry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies