Republican Revolution..... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:19:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Republican Revolution..... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Revolution.....  (Read 8477 times)
zachman

« on: March 05, 2004, 02:33:55 PM »

If the democrats do lose this time I think the Republican revolution could hold- but only if Bush acts responsively, and I don't think he ever will.
zachman

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 05:52:50 PM »

We got real lucky that the 1960 electoral vote total wasn't reversed. Remember the dems. need to win by more than .5% so there is a high chance we will have a backwards election.
zachman

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 12:51:36 PM »

The opposition party can change on cultural issues if they do not have the incumbent president. Thats how the Republicans started to turn after Goldwater.
zachman

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 03:26:25 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2004, 03:26:46 PM by zachman »

Although all the predictions of Dean being beaten in a landslide, would have been false. Although in terms of EVs Dean just wouldn't have been there.
zachman

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 07:36:22 PM »

I think it was Dean's supporters that scared people. If his media line was just "You have the power to take America back," he would have done much better. Instead people were scared by the people cheering at his quotes about Bush. The same thing has happened to John Kerry in the last month. The cheering and laughing at Bush's flip-flopper line makes me even more scared of Bush. Its a tough balance to have a completely positive approach.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies