Republican Revolution..... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:38:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Republican Revolution..... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Revolution.....  (Read 8485 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: March 05, 2004, 02:46:53 PM »

Do you think Huckabee uses a big stick when he beats his wife?  I think he's more of an open-handed kinda guy.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 07:02:37 PM »

Not to mention that lower class people who vote Democrat are generally social conservatives.

Wrong.

Actually, your an idiot if you think most poor democrats arent social conservatives. Yeah the welfare queens and drug addicts are liberal. But Native Americans, Mexicans, and Blacks tend to be socially conservative.

this is wisdom  
i begin to think opebo was right too
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 01:05:55 AM »

And you lot call the Democrats elitist...

do you suppose daniel elazar's model of Political Culture still accurately reflects demographics in this country?  more or less.  Or have we morphed into something which can't be characterized in this simple fashion, even accounting for internal migratory patterns from the snowbelt to the sunbelt?

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 01:35:25 AM »

Kerry will do better than Dukakis.  why?

1. BushII is an incumbent, BushI was not
2. BushI was running on Reagan's coattails
3. Bush is the most polarizing leader in the history of Earth as we know it

ah, that's a fair (if harsh) synopsis
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 01:47:27 AM »

The Hitler comparison is rare.  That's why Republicans get pissed off, you see?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 02:05:24 AM »

Now I know you're janking my chain.  Yeah, the thing is, back in the 90s I used to work with a group of raging Clinton-haters.  This was back when I voted for him.  Twice.  The thing is, from either side, that kind of insensitivity just pisses everyone off.  I agree, in general, with Miami's summation. These things are obvious.   Said just for clarification.  But I've been thinking for a while about negativity and polarization  (I suppose we're all brainwashed by the press) and it seems that it is has become worse than ever before any anyone's memory.  Dare I ask, until the Clintons and Bushes go away, will both sides will moan.  (there are more in both flavors, over on aisle seven ma'am)  Time for Reagan?  No.  He's nearly deceased.  Time for Kerry?  Big Question Mark.  It's up to you.  From other threads we have seen that those who are hedging are honest about it.  Latey, and in particular since visiting this excellent forum, I have seen the case for re-election of the president much more clearly.  It goes deeper than a simple three-point bulletin about Kerry's advantages over Michael Dukakis.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 02:36:09 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2004, 02:52:54 AM by angus »

I was talking about his old lady, right?

no, I'm not saying that.  I'm saying it's specifically Clinton and Bush.  'People who support Bush are just confused', Right?  (Except for the evil filthy rich bastards manipulating the fools)  Is that what you think?

"You say you'll change the constitution
Well you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well you know
You better free your mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow"
    --John Lennon, Revolution
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 12:45:06 PM »

I quoted the beatles yesterday too!  With the Ashcroft Story:

"Although the News was rather sad....
....I just had to laugh"

-A Day in the Life

This forum is like heroin.

I just knew, even as I typed Ashcroft is Sick on the other thread, that it'd become a set-up.  My girlfriend just bought me The Classic Rock Book because she wants me to learn all these oldies and play them for her.  I guess that's why that was in my head.  Normally I play modern rock and stuff I make up.  Anyway, you're right about Bush, no doubt.  This is exactly why he needs my support.  Lady Madonna will learn how to use birth control before democrats will learn how to open their minds, unfortunately.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 07:33:15 PM »

It wasn't Howard Dean's real fiscal conservatism, nor his perceived social liberalism, that scared them.  They simply saw what they see in Bush:  A man with the capability to embarass all of us.  Chosing the lesser of two reckless drivers of the Nation, given a choice of Dean and Bush, would have netted Bush an easy re-election.  To their credit, the Democrats saw that.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 10:44:02 PM »

That's good.  Smiley

Still, he has a certain gravitas that will be hard for the incumbent to match.  In debates, I'd advise George to let the Senator contradict himself, then use sarcasm to make the audience laugh at Kerry and remember.  This has worked well to his advantage before, and it's not difficult.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 10:52:34 PM »

Small memory.  Recall those same words uttered about George Bush vis-a-vis Al Gore (and Ann Richards six years prior).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies