Alternate US States (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:06:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Alternate US States (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alternate US States  (Read 155532 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 27, 2014, 07:43:51 PM »

Firstly, I haven't seen any of the California's here, what would the graphs look like?

And secondly what would all these divided/integrated states look like in 1988?

I imagine West Coast would go to Dukakis, but the other two would go to Bush.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:53:57 AM »

@Robb: Ah but you could still get the entire 1988 map up, the big maps were going strong from 1960 and then just cut off at 1984 inexplicably.

But in that case with the other part,looking forward to it.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 12:07:06 AM »

Now for Wisconsin right?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 09:52:18 PM »

See this is why Pacific is the best state in this nation, barely gave the So Cal embarrassments a chance, and had this state it's way instead of Del Sur stupidity, Kennedy would have remained the victor...Humphrey may have won the presidency, and Ford wouldn't have won all the Left Coast!

BEST DAMN STATE EVER! NO REGRESSIVE OBSTURCTIONISM!

...~sighs~ This means the greatest embarrassment is the last, the state that robbed the actual California of being a Kennedy-Humphrey-Carter-Dukakis state all of whom lost by absurdly narrow margins which California (okay okay California drank the HW juice as well) and Pacifica would've have given

The state that fostered Nixon, the state with the worst weather and tackiest cities.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 01:05:17 PM »

Biley fascinated.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 05:37:09 PM »

See this is why Pacific is the best state in this nation, barely gave the So Cal embarrassments a chance, and had this state it's way instead of Del Sur stupidity, Kennedy would have remained the victor...Humphrey may have won the presidency, and Ford wouldn't have won all the Left Coast!

BEST DAMN STATE EVER! NO REGRESSIVE OBSTURCTIONISM!

...~sighs~ This means the greatest embarrassment is the last, the state that robbed the actual California of being a Kennedy-Humphrey-Carter-Dukakis state all of whom lost by absurdly narrow margins which California (okay okay California drank the HW juice as well) and Pacifica would've have given

The state that fostered Nixon, the state with the worst weather and tackiest cities.

Yours is a post the best describes progressives: Utopia can be achieved if only all opposition is removed. This is the heart of leftism, progessivism etc. "The prefection of man is possible with the right people in control" A well educated, well cultured bureaucracy to plan the lives of the serfs to achieve the "prefect society" Nudge is a word used by the likes of Cass Sunstein.

It's a thread about splitting up States, could you keep your deranged political nonsense out of it? Thanks.

I s'pose this goes for me as well and that's fair enough, got a bit carried away on that part.

I'm not recanting where weather's concerned, SF Summers are by far the best Summers.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »

I s'pose this goes for me as well and that's fair enough, got a bit carried away on that part.

I'm not recanting where weather's concerned, SF Summers are by far the best Summers.

I certainly wouldn't call your post "deranged nonsense", but yeah, I guess that this little exchange teaches us that it's best to tone down excessively partisan comments (though I absolutely agree with your feeling).

And summer is, comparatively speaking, the worst season in San Francisco. Tongue San Francisco falls are the best. Cheesy

Given I just lived through that, I'm going to have to say:...What's the difference  XD?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 12:44:37 AM »

To all who speculate California going Atlas Red, while such is possible, it could be a while given that this state clearly is a misplaced Southern State. Depending on how far Fresno and Sacramento grow rather than rural areas or pseudo cities like Downeyville the state could be like North Carolina, or like Alabama.

Plumas County may as well be a stand in for Georgia given its straight Democrat record from 1928-1976 and one final Clinton nod in 1992.

And the state probably voted for Stevenson in 1956, or at least gave Eisenhower a plurality victory and was one the closest in 1952 for Ike too.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »

Los Angeles, Ventura, San Diego, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Imperial if I'm not mistaken.

More importantly though, what's the graph of the three and the real California look like?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »

I actually have results for the strongest and closest of the Alternates.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 06:23:31 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2015, 09:32:07 AM by L.D. Smith, Knight of Appalachia »

How would Hawaii vote for Nixon here (great map btw)? It was a razor thin margin for Kennedy IRL, and it hasn't been altered far as I can tell.

Anyway of the Alternates:

Massachusetts is the tops for Kennedy (60.7%) (though clearly behind the unaltered Georgia), Nevada is the closest (50.6%) (clearly a greater divide than Hawaii IRL and should be on this)

Ohio is the best for Nixon (58.9%) [once again the unaltered Nebraska is the ultimate Anti-Kennedy here, just as IRL], and North Florida is the closest (50.1%) [or should be, not Hawaii, anyway it's the same as IRL California]
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »

For 1964

Strongest Johnson: Massachusetts (76.9%) [not as strong as Rhode Island IRL, but slightly ahead of  he actual Massachusetts]
Closest Johnson: Oregon (54.9%) [Idaho IRL, but since Idaho was absorbed...it still shows]

Strongest Goldwater: Mississippi (87.9%) still, North Florida (53.3%) of the alternates
Closest Goldwater: Arizona (50.45%) still,  and still North Florida (53.3%) of the alternates by virtue of being the only one to turn to Goldwater
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »

Are you going to spoil all my election summaries? Tongue

Alright, alright I'll cut it out Tongue, not like he map is here yet.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 06:59:47 PM »

I definitely approve of the format, and am looking forward to the next elections! No rush Antonio, you've done a great job on this series!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 10:43:15 PM »

I can't wait to see a Democratic win again Wink

Seriously though, this is some amazing stuff you're doing here! Bravo!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 01:17:47 PM »

This doesn't bode well for Kerry, who will lose NM, Iowa, and probably South Florida too...and just for Wisconsin.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 06:36:01 PM »

You were wrong about Feingold.

But seriously, what do 2016 Senate and Gubernatorial look like?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 02:08:18 PM »

Will Ohio [or is that called Erie in this map] still be Biden, now that is a good question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies