Dems biggest problem: recoveries typically take 12+ months to add jobs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:14:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Dems biggest problem: recoveries typically take 12+ months to add jobs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dems biggest problem: recoveries typically take 12+ months to add jobs  (Read 2356 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: September 03, 2009, 08:29:51 PM »

going back into the 70's, jobs are  typically not added in the first year of a recovery...so don't expect the job loses to come to an end before June 2010....

This is why I say the GOP will pick up 25+ House seats and 5+ Senate seats - the average american is not going to be better off in Nov 2010 even though the government: spends a lot more, borrows a lot more, and controls a much bigger slice of the economy.

The recovery probably started in June, so that would mean the economy will start adding jobs in June 2010, just before the midterm elections. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:31:55 PM »

I'm thinking at this point the economy will come back just in time to save the Dems from a crushing defeat in the midterms. I'd say they lose 10-15 seats in the House, and pick up 1-2 in the Senate (Missouri and New Hampshire).

I think they would take that and run with it at this point. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 09:10:36 PM »

going back into the 70's, jobs are  typically not added in the first year of a recovery...so don't expect the job loses to come to an end before June 2010....

This is why I say the GOP will pick up 25+ House seats and 5+ Senate seats - the average american is not going to be better off in Nov 2010 even though the government: spends a lot more, borrows a lot more, and controls a much bigger slice of the economy.

The recovery probably started in June, so that would mean the economy will start adding jobs in June 2010, just before the midterm elections. 

in 1994, the economy added about 4 million jobs, and Clinton got his head handed to him.

That is true.  And the economy lost jobs in 2002 and Bush gained seats. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies