Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:15:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31
Author Topic: Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]  (Read 103507 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »

Oh the irony of Marokai's little shpeal! How much more hypocritical can everyone get, even after the afleitch/franzl debunkle? The same arguments made against the RPP when Vepres/mechman/Rowan left can be used with the DA as well! AndrewCT turned on his family! Oh no! I really, really think the DA needs to quit while they are ahead. It's becoming more apparent that they are the party with the "info and input for the few" problems. At least, in a situation like this, all of our members would be informed. We all knew the Franzl situation, and we were all informed about Andrew. Knock the party all you want, but we keep our members informed. I was more concerned for the future of the RPP a week ago than I am today. It looks like we are all guilty of the same maneuvers, except if this was the RPP, all members would know about what was going on within the party.   
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2009, 11:37:09 AM »

Andrew isn't a turncoat.  The DA allows our members discretion.  If he wants to run with MJ then that is his perogative.
Even when he's running against the DA's own candidate?? (Franzl)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2009, 11:41:20 AM »

Andrew isn't a turncoat.  The DA allows our members discretion.  If he wants to run with MJ then that is his perogative.

You can't blame him if he wasn't even included in the discussions. He, much like everyone else, was left out of the loop. The DA unilaterally withdrew from the already agreed upon ticket with Jedi, provided a trivial excuse, and then planned the Franzl ticket with input from a few top DA officials. So much for the party of openness and transparency, huh? What a joke.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »

Please don't bring me into this Smiley

Everyone is, of course, free to run for whatever ticket they wish. I do wish the party had had some advance notice, but I, of course, respect Andrew's decision to do as he sees fit, and best of luck to him.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2009, 12:12:56 PM »

I thank this paper for their ringing endorsement of my candidacy, or more appropriately, it's scathing criticism of AndrewCT's legacy of failure and human sacrifice.

If anything, however, this editorial does not go far enough in describing the absolute shame AndrewCT has brought to our region.

Nevermind that AndrewCT has turned against his party, his region, and his own mother.  Let's focus, instead, on the fact that AndrewCT has resisted all efforts to have his body processed, rendered, and converted into valuable nutrients for the senior population of the Northeast.  I have been one of the leading national advocates of getting Soylent Andrew on the menu, and consider getting him removed from the office of governor to be a key part in this plan.

In stark contrast to the embarassing AndrewCT administration, I bring to the Northeast a beacon of hope.  Hope that we will all rise up and have AndrewCT imprisoned for his crimes against the Northeast, sentenced to death, and then subsequently fed to the hungry elderly who fought so bravely to make Atlasia the country it is.

A wise man once said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."  That's not entirely true—we should also fear another four months of the most disasterous governorship in the history of Atlasia.  Only through public execution can our region move on past his numerous crimes.

Thank you, and I look forward to making you all proud.

—Mr. Moderate
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »

Really disappointing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2009, 01:07:20 PM »

Everyone is, of course, free to run for whatever ticket they wish. I do wish the party had had some advance notice, but I, of course, respect Andrew's decision to do as he sees fit, and best of luck to him.
Don't get me wrong: Of course Andrew has the "right" to do as he sees fit. I'm just surprised that DA rules/bylaws would still permit him to remain in the party. Inclusive and non-dogmatic is one thing, but allowing a member to run on a ticket against the party's own candidate? I mean, why even have a political party at that point?

Again, none of this is intended to judge in anyway Andrew's decision and I'm not saying he necessarily needs to sign up with the RPP as opposed to becoming an independent or the like.  Though come to think of it, would the most appropriate action by Andrew under these circumstances perhaps be to resign from the DA regardless of whether it's "required" under party rules? Just wondering out loud by a guy not even registered with either party. :-)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »

Don't get me wrong: Of course Andrew has the "right" to do as he sees fit. I'm just surprised that DA rules/bylaws would still permit him to remain in the party. Inclusive and non-dogmatic is one thing, but allowing a member to run on a ticket against the party's own candidate? I mean, why even have a political party at that point?

Again, none of this is intended to judge in anyway Andrew's decision and I'm not saying he necessarily needs to sign up with the RPP as opposed to becoming an independent or the like.  Though come to think of it, would the most appropriate action by Andrew under these circumstances perhaps be to resign from the DA regardless of whether it's "required" under party rules? Just wondering out loud by a guy not even registered with either party. :-)

Andrew voted against the DA/RPP ticket last time. He has a long history of doing whatever he feels like doing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2009, 01:13:54 PM »

If that's the case, I hope you weren't one of the ones chastising the RPP a few weeks ago when DWTL was tearing into members who were openly criticizing and campaigning against the RPP during the last election, were you? Because most of Atlasia mocked us for running a mafia family, claiming that we only allowed members to vote the way we wanted and support who we supported. Where is the openness within the DA? Individual over party? Come on, guys!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2009, 01:16:59 PM »

Where is the openness within the DA? Individual over party? Come on, guys!

I think you'll find that most people within the DA have been supportive of Andrew's right to do what he wishes to do.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2009, 01:18:22 PM »

Hey Marokai, newsflash! AndrewCT voted against the RPP endorsed ticket the last three elections! Even when other DA members were voting for the RPP. So way to go being blatantly wrong AGAIN.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2009, 01:21:50 PM »

Hey Marokai, newsflash! AndrewCT voted against the RPP endorsed ticket the last three elections! Even when other DA members were voting for the RPP. So way to go being blatantly wrong AGAIN.

Is there a time where you won't comment on something? We don't need your damn comments on everything.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2009, 01:24:29 PM »

Interesting...so that's not a problem for him then Smiley Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2009, 01:25:41 PM »

I think you'll find that most people within the DA have been supportive of Andrew's right to do what he wishes to do.

Indeed. Duke's mock anger is amusing to say the least. Andrew is free to do as he wishes. We have never cared when he votes a different way than we endorse (if only the same could be said for the RPP), nor did removing him from the party even cross my mind when I heard he would be MJ's running mate.

In other words, as the famous ilikeverin would say: "*hughughug*"

As for Andrew not being included in any DA notifications/announcements, a while back I included him on just about every party campaign notice that I would send around. These were usually informal things like, "What does everyone think about ______?" Andrew never gave his opinion or responded, so his name faded and was forgotten on a few recent PMs. I'm not sure this is as "scandalous" as many are trying to make it seem, but so it goes.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2009, 01:35:19 PM »

As was the majority of RPP members in regards to Vepres. However, all of us were lumped in with DWTL and publicly lynched. Of course, we still are being lumped in with DWTL and rather than listening to what others in the party do and say, we are automatically considered trolls and vengeful people.

Indeed. Duke's mock anger is amusing to say the least. Andrew is free to do as he wishes. We have never cared when he votes a different way than we endorse (if only the same could be said for the RPP), nor did removing him from the party even cross my mind when I heard he would be MJ's running mate.

As for Andrew not being included in any DA notifications/announcements, a while back I included him on just about every party campaign notice that I would send around. These were usually informal things like, "What does everyone think about ______?" Andrew never gave his opinion or responded, so his name faded and was forgotten on a few recent PMs. I'm not sure this is as "scandalous" as many are trying to make it seem, but so it goes.

It's not mock anger, but thanks for being disrespectful in trying to belittle my statements. Of course it isn't a big deal to you that several of your members had no idea what was going on, but it just takes away another lecture topic that you may have wanted to send my way. It's like saying it's okay if the RPP decided to cut off members from our forum because they weren't participating enough. I'm sure that would go over well with all of you and be no bi g deal.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2009, 01:36:08 PM »

This is getting out of control. The past is the past, forget about it! Move on and lets gear up for October elections. Although I think someone better the Andrew could be on the RPP ticket, I can't change it. Lets move on and put our time into trying to get our candidates, at all levels, elected. This fighting and fussing isn't sloving anything. All it is doing is making us look like idiots.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2009, 01:45:35 PM »

It's not mock anger, but thanks for being disrespectful in trying to belittle my statements. Of course it isn't a big deal to you that several of your members had no idea what was going on, but it just takes away another lecture topic that you may have wanted to send my way. It's like saying it's okay if the RPP decided to cut off members from our forum because they weren't participating enough. I'm sure that would go over well with all of you and be no bi g deal.

I'm pretty sure it's mock anger. Otherwise you would have noted that I did not "cut off" Andrew. I have sent him most of the big DA PMs on strategy. Occasionally some members slip my mind. I have definitely neglected to send PMs to other members at times as well. Never have I willfully neglected to share information with someone.

You have also invented DA anger about Andrew's position on MJ's ticket. Just look at the first quote, from you, in this post. The honest truth is none of us are angry about Andrew's actions, no matter how much you may want others to believe that we are. It is totally his call and we respect his individual choice.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's mock anger. Otherwise you would have noted that I did not "cut off" Andrew. I have sent him most of the big DA PMs on strategy. Occasionally some members slip my mind. I have definitely neglected to send PMs to other members at times as well. Never have I willfully neglected to share information with someone.

You have also invented DA anger about Andrew's position on MJ's ticket. Just look at the first quote, from you, in this post. The honest truth is none of us are angry about Andrew's actions, no matter how much you may want others to believe that we are. It is totally his call and we respect his individual choice.

I've been left out of the loop on a few DA issues. It happens now and then.

I have no issues with AndrewCT running in the same way I wouldn't have had an issue with the others approached by the RRP. Indeed Jedi floated with me in private the idea of running in October or February back in April and even wondered if I would be interested Smiley Am I suprised by AndrewCT's decision to run? Yes. Do I think he should get what he wants out of the RPP in being part of their ticket? Hell yes!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »

If that's the case, I hope you weren't one of the ones chastising the RPP a few weeks ago when DWTL was tearing into members who were openly criticizing and campaigning against the RPP during the last election, were you? Because most of Atlasia mocked us for running a mafia family, claiming that we only allowed members to vote the way we wanted and support who we supported. Where is the openness within the DA? Individual over party? Come on, guys!

No, I don't think I so chastised the RPP about that.

Regarding other responses, I personally see a notable difference between merely not voting for a party-endorsed candidate versus actually running on an opposing party ticket. The later seems quite unusual to me for a party to just shrug off. But if the DA is fine with that--as it apparently is--my opinion on the matter is irrelevant, end of discussion.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2009, 02:14:17 PM »

Regarding other responses, I personally see a notable difference between merely not voting for a party-endorsed candidate versus actually running on an opposing party ticket. The later seems quite unusual to me for a party to just shrug off. But if the DA is fine with that--as it apparently is--my opinion on the matter is irrelevant, end of discussion.

I consider it unusual too, but it's not in our tradition to discipline for anything like that. The DA survives simply because it is (perhaps over) flexible.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2009, 02:29:59 PM »

Thank you to those who mentioned kind words about me. It is always truely appreciated, as I feel that many of us have worked very well in the past, and that I plan to do so in the future regardless of what happens.  To those who dont, I still love you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2009, 02:39:58 PM »

Thank you to those who mentioned kind words about me. It is always truely appreciated, as I feel that many of us have worked very well in the past, and that I plan to do so in the future regardless of what happens.  To those who dont, I still love you.
Purple heart Andrew
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2009, 02:58:08 PM »

Hamilton has taken over bad cop duties from DWDL, it seems.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2009, 03:00:09 PM »

lollolololol why would you say that? I have merely pointed out factual observations. Marokai is no better than DWTL, as he continues the personal attacks on esteemed Atlasians in the same manner. Referring to AndrewCT as a trashy Governor? Andrew's been a great Governor.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2009, 03:01:21 PM »

lollolololol why would you say that? I have merely pointed out factual observations. Marokai is no better than DWTL, as he continues the personal attacks on esteemed Atlasians in the same manner. Referring to AndrewCT as a trashy Governor? Andrew's been a great Governor.

No, he's actually been pretty inactive.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies