The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:02:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 51002 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: November 25, 2009, 03:31:39 AM »

One thing I'd like to know is how much the Northeast can lower the unleaded gas tax that will have to be enacted when tolls are removed to comply with the Free Highway Access Act of 2009  for every cent differential in a diesel gas tax.  For example, if we were to charge a 13.6 cent tax on unleaded (instead of the proposed 14.6 cents) and put a15.6 tax on diesel, would that be revenue-neutral?  Or would we have to charge a higher diesel tax for every cent we lower the unleaded gas tax?

Tolls are  higher on larger vehicles because of the additional wear and tear they put on the roads.  A higher diesel tax may be a rough proxy for that - if we decide to go down that route.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »

Where is the thread that discusses the pros and cons of this regional self determination thing about how regional senators or some such are elected?  The voting booth is now open on this, and I don't at present know how to vote. Thanks.

That's not the GM's concern.  It's up to the proponents of amendments to justify them.  As usual, they're not mounting any sort of campaign in favor of it.  I know what my default position usually is on something that's not explained to me.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 12:05:17 AM »

The ANSE remained relatively flat compared to recent losses as the UNEPSE announced it would pause the current strike in the Northeast until the Supreme Court hears its appeal to NE CJO RowanBrandon's finding in Northeast v. UNEPSE. The strike has so far cost the region approximately $120 million.

No it hasn't.  The strike has cost UNEPSE $120 million under the CJO RowanBrandon's ruling.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies