The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:16:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50495 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: August 22, 2009, 02:04:20 AM »

I must admit that while I'm very happy with Purple State's activity and enthusiasm, I'm, like NYC, a bit miffed at his attitude towards the Senate as well. It's not like random stock data and updates on the dollar as well as pointless news about Colombia gives us alot to legislate over.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:17:52 AM »

If you could prepare the Midwest education data in the next few weeks, but refrain from posting it until I'm officially Governor-elect, I would really appreciate it.

Here are the figures I would like to request:

- % graduation from high school
- % high school graduates who enter college
- % of college students who graduate with at least a two year degree.
- avg. teacher salary
- the power and influence of the teachers' union
- avg. dollars per student
- any regional disparities
- any class, ethnic, racial, or gender disparities
- the influence of the standardized test ban enacted in the Midwest last year
- brief comparisons to the other regions
- overweight and obesity rates among children and adolescents
- levels of teen violence
- % of teens without fathers, racial disparities would be nice
- levels of teen pregnancy
- state of charter schools in the state and school choice.

For each region would be nice, really

I hope the Southeast's numbers are accurate and fairly represented though. (By the I mean worse than every other region. Tongue)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 04:36:35 PM »

Why would the Mideast unemployment be that high, and further, higher than the South? (Especially considering all their idiotic policies.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 09:15:41 PM »

I just want to say that you're doing such an amazing job so far PS. Please, keep it up, I love all the economic data, and can never get enough.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 11:31:24 PM »

The car rebate bill would have a couple additional votes if the Senate didn't lose it's mind and completely ruin it with outrageous requirements.

Just chalk it up as a victim of the Senate's constant need to compromise.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 11:34:06 PM »

The car rebate bill would have a couple additional votes if the Senate didn't lose it's mind and completely ruin it with outrageous requirements.

Just chalk it up as a victim of the Senate's constant need to compromise.

Fortunately we got a better bill courtesy of Tmth and Hamilton

First of all, you are not a Senator, so you better learn your limits.

Secondly, no, the changes made the variety of purchasable cars very narrow and almost entirely foreign. The point was to get people to buy cars, not turn it into a green initiative.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 11:45:27 PM »

I know conditions are dire and the economy sucks in Atlasia right now, but even the US' stock market went up sometimes throughout the crisis, even if they were mediocre gains.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 07:25:30 PM »

The markets are now closed until Tuesday in observance of Yom Kippur...

Financial News

Financial Indicators
  • ANSE     902  -7 (0.77%)
  • $1 Atlasian = $0.95103 U.S. (-0.00076)
  • Crude Oil = $101.92/barrel +3.84 (3.92%)

Analysis:
The ANSE returning to its decline as investors were increasingly skeptical that the Senate could produce and act on meaningful legislation to rescue failing banks before a major collapse of the system. 

The Atlasian Dollar fell as commodity price, led by Oil, soared.

Oil prices rocketed as violence broke out between Venezuela and Colombia. It is unclear what the impact of this will be on Atlasian-Venezuelan relations and on Venezuela's oil production and exports.

The federal government seems to be ignoring this. Does the GM believe anything can be done at the regional level to help Midwestern banks?

Well NCY has anointed himself the resident expert on credit and banks, plus, I'm not exactly sure what can be done.

Honestly, I think alot of this banking crisis stuff is ridiculously overblown and doesn't take into account the differences between Atlasia and the United States.

And I doubt it, by the way, given the comparatively low economic muster your region has.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 12:42:17 AM »

Forgive me but I'm having a hard time taking all this seriously given that it seems wildly unrealistic for Atlasia to be directly compared to America.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 05:36:21 PM »

We can't all be geniuses like you, NCY.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »

Is there any coherent reason for why Northeastern unemployment dropped .4% and Pacific unemployment spiked .3% in basically a month? Because that seems rather nonsensical to me.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 01:48:58 AM »

I didn't realize it was also the GM's job to make social commentary as well as analysis, but I learn something new every day.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 04:48:25 PM »

Whether its most prominent residents, whose political leanings tend to favor abolition of the regions, view this as a positive or negative aspect cannot be determined by this office

I'd say its most prominent residents have a strong pro-regional tendency.  bgwah, for example, is a reactionary on the issue.

Do you even know what "reactionary" means?

Yes.
<-Radical----Liberal----Moderate----Conservative----Reactionary->

I'd say clapping your hands over your ears and going "lalala, regions are just swell in every way!" hearkens back to the days of yore entirely too much, wouldn't you?

Similarly, my impractical support of the complete abolition of regions is extreme enough (in a "change the foundations of society") way that it's clearly radical.

You just don't want to admit regions are making a big comeback as far as activity is concerned Tongue

And as far as impact is concerned, they're just as irrelevant.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 06:02:13 PM »

It's because he isn't wrong.

I remember when he was saying the same things to me that you now say to him. It was just half a year ago...

Those weren't about policy.

How would you know the conversations we had in private?

Well its not like you have change positions that much before or since. My guess is they focused on other matters.

I used to be very pro-region. You can look back on my former posts in the Social Democratic Party and my early days in the JCP as proof of that. Xahar and I used to conflict over the issue of regional rights a great deal, mostly in private, and especially over my constant efforts to bring myself closer to the RPP.

Over time, however, my positions on regional rights evolved to what they are now. Xahar was right all along on the issue and I apologized to him awhile back for my youthful ignorance, if you will.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 04:05:13 PM »

Watch it, Purple State, before I start completely disregarding your updates.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 04:31:30 PM »

I'm not going to play along with random pretend terrorist attacks in New Mexico or whatever it is you've concocted. I am here to play the game, but not these ridiculous SPC-esque scenarios.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 04:46:43 PM »

I'm not going to play along with random pretend terrorist attacks in New Mexico or whatever it is you've concocted. I am here to play the game, but not these ridiculous SPC-esque scenarios.

I refuse to simply be a dispenser of economic information and legislative evaluation. Stuff used to actually happen in the game, which is exactly what made it great fun. Honestly, most of the people playing this game don't care whether or not you "play along." They care that something interesting is going on. I serve the people in that regard. Do with it as you may.

And to be honest, most of the people playing this game don't care about completely out of the blue updates like "Oh and by the way bombs have gone off in New Mexico."

This is like SPC playing army-men with his fake security force. There's got to be some constraint on just being able to make everything up.

And lets just jump ahead a little. What, ultimately, will matter from this? The President says a few words, some forces from somewhere are deployed to keep order, and the Senate passes some sort of useless bill to mop up after it? We would be going through the motions, and you know it.

Marokai, since when do get to be da final arbitor of what is exceptable from the GM? I do recall it was PS and I that spent the most time trying to improve the position and so far I am praying that PS remains there as long as possible cause I don't know anyone who could do it like he does.

I wasn't trying to decide the news Roll Eyes I was merely giving my opinion and saying what I would do.

You can now go back to finding some flimsy reason to attack me and hypothesizing about my master plans.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 05:08:36 PM »

I'd just like to clarify that I don't think Purple State is doing a bad job or that all his news should be ignored, but I just think something like this is completely out-of-left-field, unrealistic, and ultimately totally pointless and something that either no one will care about, or people will just force themselves to care about.

I understand you dont want to just be a dispenser of economic numbers, but you can do more than that and still force legislative ideas. Like "Alcohol accidents on the rise" or "Midwestern farmers undergoing harsh winter" or something like that. I think there's a certain line that we shouldn't pass when making up fake events, and things like "bombs go off in New Mexico" pretty much cross that line for me.

You can maintain activity without pretend wars and imaginary terrorists.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »

So you're just after my region? Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 03:23:38 PM »

Uh, you do know that's based on an actual, real life study, right?

Must be easy to deny reality wherever you're sitting..
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 11:09:49 PM »

That's what we call real fiscal responsibility, I say.

However, I do not believe my name is Franzl. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 11:14:11 PM »

In any case, thanks for the analysis, and I'll leave you criticism free this time. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »

Your reports on my region are always schizo. You said we had only a modest deficit a few months ago and a simple tax increase would pay for it and then we'd be fine. So we raised taxes. Now we must raise taxes again? Something's not right there.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 05:25:17 PM »

I would ask you to say how, but I keep forgetting that you're God and I have to go along with every word you say no matter what it is.

In any case, you could at least put it in a different way. Even if you are God of Atlasia you can't just come out here and say "raise taxes to pay for it" even after you said we had a small deficit and we already raised taxes for that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 05:30:10 PM »

I'm just confused at how the Pacific region gets the reputation of being a communist hell-hole or something. I'm curious as to how the Pacific is just so insanely bureaucratic and so radically different from any other region. The only thing different about us is that we had single payer awhile before we in the Senate changed health care. Beyond that, we're not the USSR.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies