The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:40:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50540 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: August 19, 2009, 10:17:36 AM »

I'm still hoping for Somalia updates, hinthint Wink

Hint: Thanks to the Atlasian recognition of Somaliland it is COMPLETELY STABLE Grin
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:22:01 PM »

Now give me the data or I will have your a** impeached in the next Senate.

Oh yes, impeaching the only active and competent GM in a while. What a marvelous idea!

Competent in certain ares yes. However he spouts off practically meaningless economic data on a regular basis and then when I ask for some special info on a one time basis so I can craft some economic legislation, I get a BS response about not responding. I ran on GM Reform, ID theft and the Economy. My focus right now is the economy, and I shouldn't be denied info critical to turning around the economy, because none of the other 9 Senators hasn't bothered to respond to his conflict with Chavez.  He was not appointed GM so he could point to us and laugh every election season and say, they aren't doing anything. He was appointed to work with the Senate to craft legislation, when I ask for critical data I get all kinds of excusses from "I don't know", to, "you idiots won't respond anyway". I came here to get what I need so I can do my job, I didn't expect to be caught up in a verbal attack on the entire Senate. He took this job, and said he would do daily reports, which he has, so I don't expect it to be a problem when I ask for one time dosage of more specific info.

I also ran on accountabililty for officeholders, and I sure as hell plan to continue to hold people accountable when I find they are not.

Also, he updates infrequently!  He should be updating more than once a day!  We demand minute-by-minute stock data!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 12:21:11 PM »

Regional News

Employment Information by Region
The following lists the top three industries in each region in order:
Northeast = Service; Trade and Transportation; Government
Mideast =Manufacturing; Trade and Transportation; Government
Southeast = Manufacturing; Trade and Transportation; Agriculture
Midwest = Manufacturing; Agriculture; Health
Pacific = Government; Trade and Transportation; Education

The following lists the unemployment rate in each region:
Northeast = 7.5%
Mideast = 18%
Southeast = 13%
Midwest = 14%
Pacific = 7%

The following is the breakdown of unionization figures in Atlasia by region:
Northeast = 16%
Mideast = 19%
Southeast = 11%
Midwest = 17%
Pacific = 21%

Are you sure you're not confusing the Midwest with the Mideast?  The Midwest should have the lowest unemployment rate in the country, and probably the second-lowest unionization rate:

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 08:33:47 PM »

I'm, uh, a little bit surprised how much people think policies affect unemployment rates... really, no matter how much and what kind of activity exists in the Midwest, it's not like somehow magically that would turn the Midwest into a manufacturing powerhouse or make the Mideast have a balanced economy or something :S
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 07:23:02 PM »

Wow I honestly thought it was like the only person who used the term "ruskis".  In fact, I actually didn't know anyone outside my friends even heard of that word.  God I am so stupid sometimes Tongue

Its in the Michael Moore film, Canadian Bacon, I beleive.

Never seen a Michael Moore film actually.  And Canadian bacon is not very good.

Canadian Bacon, the movie, is.

However, all the older forumnites should be laughing in their sleeves right now, as they were no doubt entirely aware that the slur of choice for "Russians" was "Russkies" (sp?) at the time, and so they should find it lulzworthy that you actually think it came from a movie.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 09:25:23 PM »

Grin Positive results from the End to Standardization Act.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 10:19:49 AM »

Just thought I'd let you know that you're doing a wonderful job.

^^^
Indeed, it's been years since we've had a GM anywhere close to as active and committed. Smiley

Grin Cheesy Grin *hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »

My favorite is Purim because every time the writers of quiz bowl questions ask for a Jewish holiday that they think will be "difficult" it's always Purim.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 09:36:08 AM »

Whether its most prominent residents, whose political leanings tend to favor abolition of the regions, view this as a positive or negative aspect cannot be determined by this office

I'd say its most prominent residents have a strong pro-regional tendency.  bgwah, for example, is a reactionary on the issue.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 11:35:48 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2009, 11:37:42 PM by ilikeverin »

Whether its most prominent residents, whose political leanings tend to favor abolition of the regions, view this as a positive or negative aspect cannot be determined by this office

I'd say its most prominent residents have a strong pro-regional tendency.  bgwah, for example, is a reactionary on the issue.

Do you even know what "reactionary" means?

Yes.
<-Radical----Liberal----Moderate----Conservative----Reactionary->

I'd say clapping your hands over your ears and going "lalala, regions are just swell in every way!" hearkens back to the days of yore entirely too much, wouldn't you?

Similarly, my impractical support of the complete abolition of regions is extreme enough (in a "change the foundations of society") way that it's clearly radical.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »

Yes.

I'd say clapping your hands over your ears and going "lalala, regions are just swell in every way!" hearkens back to the days of yore entirely too much, wouldn't you?

Similarly, my impractical support of the complete abolition of regions is extreme enough (in a "change the foundations of society") way that it's clearly radical.

No, reactionary doesn't mean super-conservative. It suggests I want to revert to some previous condition or state. I do not desire to regress to a previous state. I seek to conserve the present state by keeping the regions, making me a conservative on the issue.

If regions were abolished, and I was calling for their return, then I would be a reactionary.

As I recall, you entire arguments earlier this year were that regions were once great and miraculous and could be again if only we (insert your manifesto here).
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 10:57:55 PM »

Yes.

No, reactionary doesn't mean super-conservative. It suggests I want to revert to some previous condition or state. I do not desire to regress to a previous state. I seek to conserve the present state by keeping the regions, making me a conservative on the issue.

If regions were abolished, and I was calling for their return, then I would be a reactionary.

As I recall, you entire arguments earlier this year were that regions were once great and miraculous and could be again if only we (insert your manifesto here).

But you just said I was saying "Regions are just swell in every way!" Trying to save face for misunderstanding a basic political term? I'm a little surprised you didn't know what reactionary means, but I don't think you're dumb because of it or anything. Just an honest mistake. Smiley

Sorry for not defining every term I use in conversation explicitly, I'll try to do better next time Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 12:53:16 PM »

• $1 Atlasian = $0.93064 U.S. (-0.00719)

The Atlasian trade deficit was reported to have shrunk by $10 billion since mid-August as the weakening dollar and economic recovery of a few key nations has led to increasing exports.

I hope people realize that this is a good thing.

I tried to convince Vepres of that last night in the Fiscal Relief debate.

Certainly the trade deficit decreasing is good, but a weak dollar hurts homeowners and seniors, and it also causes inflation. This is fine for now, but it shouldn't go on for too long.

Ideally we could have a strengthening dollar with a decreasing trade deficit, but a situation where that would occur would be difficult to engineer.

Read: impossible Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 11:40:54 PM »

As a citizen of the Midwest I protest the bussing of convicts through territory that is rightfully and truthfully Midwestern!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »

The Midwest Tourist Board would like to remind angry Pacifican and Southeastern truck drivers that it exists!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies