The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:00:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50237 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: March 16, 2010, 08:27:22 PM »

Corrected. Still getting used to the new admin. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #401 on: March 19, 2010, 01:03:59 AM »

Kinda burnt out from the trip home and going to have sparse time this weekend. There will be a GTO General Assembly wrap-up in the coming days, which may come in a few posts. There will also be the week's end financials at some point.

I haven't forgotten about you all. Wink
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2010, 04:12:03 AM »

I beg your pardon Mister GM, but I doubt your report on the Southeast's current prison system is accurate, considering that the region has literally five thousand square miles of available prison space.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2010, 11:59:19 AM by GM Purple State »

I beg your pardon Mister GM, but I doubt your report on the Southeast's current prison system is accurate, considering that the region has literally five thousand square miles of available prison space.

Dear lord, that is actually a law? I'll go edit the report then.

I must say, the Southeast never fails to surprise me.

EDIT: That actually didn't make much difference because the free-range prisons are only for violent crimes with a prison sentence of 10 years or greater.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #404 on: March 28, 2010, 01:48:48 AM »

With the holiday of Passover nearly upon us, my time on the forum will be spotty coming up. I will not be available on the following days:

Most of tomorrow (will be on a bus most of the day); the afternoon of Monday, March 29 until the night of Wednesday, March 31; the afternoon of Sunday, April 4 until the night of Tuesday, April 6.

As punishment for my absence, I promise not to eat any leavened bread or grains from the afternoon of Monday, March 29 until the night of Tuesday, April 6.

Happy Passover all!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #405 on: April 02, 2010, 02:40:44 AM »

Oh good Lord..
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #406 on: April 02, 2010, 02:41:37 AM »

I assure you a timely response from the SoIA or President should end this quite easily.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #407 on: April 02, 2010, 02:44:58 AM »

Anything to get people moving I suppose.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #408 on: April 02, 2010, 02:48:06 AM »

Anything to get people moving I suppose.

Really, why not give poor ol' Al something to do over at the DoIA?

Plus, the best stories are those that reflect the impact of something in the game that I didn't invent. Creating stories about how a bill or comment or legal loophole affects the nation make the most compelling issues, since they are made by players, not by me.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #409 on: April 02, 2010, 11:10:42 AM »

<OOC>I've not 'sent in' anyone because I don't know if I can; I obviously don't control the military and (presumably) not national guard units. But I don't know much about the internal structure of the American police, so if there's something obvious... please say so. And I'll probably do it.</OOC>

Obviously we can't let this situation get out of hand. The safety of the people is at stake.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #410 on: April 02, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »

<OOC>I've not 'sent in' anyone because I don't know if I can; I obviously don't control the military and (presumably) not national guard units. But I don't know much about the internal structure of the American police, so if there's something obvious... please say so. And I'll probably do it.</OOC>

Obviously we can't let this situation get out of hand. The safety of the people is at stake.

Your response was appropriate.

@Badger: Can you post in this thread from now on? It's kinda a nuisance to have discussion in the main story thread. And bear in mind that certain things are impossibilities in this game and do not add to the content. It means nothing to anyone to say lots of lawsuits are being filed. I think it's more important to allow people to act on a semi-reasonable situation than to allow the game to drag on with no reaction to actual situations. Al stepped up to the plate and managed it quickly and well.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #411 on: April 03, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »

@Badger: Can you post in this thread from now on? It's kinda a nuisance to have discussion in the main story thread. And bear in mind that certain things are impossibilities in this game and do not add to the content. It means nothing to anyone to say lots of lawsuits are being filed. I think it's more important to allow people to act on a semi-reasonable situation than to allow the game to drag on with no reaction to actual situations. Al stepped up to the plate and managed it quickly and well.

Fair enough. Consider my post a letter to the editor. Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #412 on: April 03, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »

Fair enough. Consider my post a letter to the editor. Smiley

No worries. I just think it was the second time you did that so wanted to "lay down the law." Wink
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #413 on: April 04, 2010, 12:05:17 AM »

The ANSE remained relatively flat compared to recent losses as the UNEPSE announced it would pause the current strike in the Northeast until the Supreme Court hears its appeal to NE CJO RowanBrandon's finding in Northeast v. UNEPSE. The strike has so far cost the region approximately $120 million.

No it hasn't.  The strike has cost UNEPSE $120 million under the CJO RowanBrandon's ruling.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #414 on: April 04, 2010, 12:37:50 AM »

The ANSE remained relatively flat compared to recent losses as the UNEPSE announced it would pause the current strike in the Northeast until the Supreme Court hears its appeal to NE CJO RowanBrandon's finding in Northeast v. UNEPSE. The strike has so far cost the region approximately $120 million.

No it hasn't.  The strike has cost UNEPSE $120 million under the CJO RowanBrandon's ruling.

Come now, you know that is the correct way to phrase it until the matter is resolved.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: April 07, 2010, 01:44:34 AM »

Regional News

Mideast Return Of Rhetoric Bill Analysis
The Mideast region has proposed to increase the gasoline tax by 2% to pay for materials used to support the teaching of debate and speech in public schools.

The following is a brief report on the Return of Rhetoric Bill to determine the impact of such a tax:

An increase in the gasoline tax by 2% would result in a 0.904 cent/gallon increase in the price of gas, yielding approximately $12.8 billion per year. The true yield over time is likely to decrease as demand for oil is projected to continue to fall. Taxation will contribute to this downward trend, precipitating the continued decline of gasoline consumption. Over a ten year projection, the 2% increase is likely to raise $81.6 billion, an average of $8.16 billion per year.

You mean modest gas taxes aren't the end of the world?

Well, whatever you do, don't tell the Northeast Region!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #416 on: April 09, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »

I will be fairly absent this weekend. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone. Tongue
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #417 on: April 13, 2010, 05:22:37 PM »

Atlasia's federal prisons are still in a state of emergency. Given the extreme nature of the measures implemented, I'd like to know when I can order things to return to their normal state.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2010, 05:52:05 PM »

National News

Riots Break Out In Federal Prisons
Around Atlasia riots have begun to break out in federal prisons as convicts argue that their constitutional rights have been violated. The riots come on the revelation that the Senate may not have the power to create criminal laws under the Constitution.

Guards in the prisons have been unable or unsure of how to respond to the situation, with many sympathizing with the prisoners. With some guards refusing to help quiet the prisons, it has become nearly impossible for wardens to gain full control of their facilities. The spontaneity of the situation has left prisons without central guidance from the Secretary of Internal Affairs as of yet, resulting in a patchwork of policies to address the emerging crisis.

Some wardens have initiated prison lockdowns, cordoning off wings of their prisons with sealed doors and armed guards. Others have retreated to safe zones within their own complexes, locking the prisoners out, rather than in.

Immediate action is necessary on the part of the SoIA to ensure the peace is restored.

Hopefully you can have events in reaction to new laws and such for the regions as well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2010, 10:22:03 PM »

Atlasia's federal prisons are still in a state of emergency. Given the extreme nature of the measures implemented, I'd like to know when I can order things to return to their normal state.

I will put out a follow-up tonight.

National News

Riots Break Out In Federal Prisons
Around Atlasia riots have begun to break out in federal prisons as convicts argue that their constitutional rights have been violated. The riots come on the revelation that the Senate may not have the power to create criminal laws under the Constitution.

Guards in the prisons have been unable or unsure of how to respond to the situation, with many sympathizing with the prisoners. With some guards refusing to help quiet the prisons, it has become nearly impossible for wardens to gain full control of their facilities. The spontaneity of the situation has left prisons without central guidance from the Secretary of Internal Affairs as of yet, resulting in a patchwork of policies to address the emerging crisis.

Some wardens have initiated prison lockdowns, cordoning off wings of their prisons with sealed doors and armed guards. Others have retreated to safe zones within their own complexes, locking the prisoners out, rather than in.

Immediate action is necessary on the part of the SoIA to ensure the peace is restored.

Hopefully you can have events in reaction to new laws and such for the regions as well.

See here. Wink

Of course I will Vepres.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #420 on: April 16, 2010, 06:11:12 PM »

People, please stop posting directly in the ADH thread. It leads to a potential mess. Comments here. Much obliged! Smiley

So, in this universe Smolensk crash never happened? Tongue

In general, Atlasia isn't outward-oriented enough for certain things to actually occur. For all intents and purposes the government of Poland will change if I am to ever report on it, but there is not an actual plane crash story.

When it comes to international news, what I report tends to be what I think may lead someone in the game to do something affecting the game. It is rarely beyond that.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #421 on: April 18, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2010, 10:02:04 PM by GM Purple State »

Okay, I am asking for the last time: Please do not post directly in the Atlasia Dispatch-Herald thread. That thread is for GM reports only. This lovely thread is for reader comments, requests, etc.

I will cease taking requests from those who insist on clogging up the main thread in the future.

Thank you.

And yes, expect a report on algae farms tonight or tomorrow.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #422 on: April 18, 2010, 09:58:14 PM »

And yes, expect a report on algae farms tonight or tomorrow.

Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #423 on: April 19, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States