The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:56:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50301 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 14, 2010, 05:46:27 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=110763.0
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2010, 11:36:05 PM »

Good, effective and the is deficit neutral (well, positive).
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #377 on: February 14, 2010, 11:50:41 PM »

Good, effective and the is deficit neutral (well, positive).

Yes, sir.

On that note, I will begin working on regional budget reports in the next week or two to make sure you're all updated on the current state of the regions, budget-wise at least.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #378 on: February 15, 2010, 12:16:40 AM »

Could the GM provide the Mideast with some more information regarding the labor abuses?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2010, 12:18:43 AM »

Could the GM provide the Mideast with some more information regarding the labor abuses?

Yeah, I just saw your proposal in the Assembly, so I'll work on a quick report for tomorrow/today (if I forget, please follow up).
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2010, 06:38:24 PM »

Yeah, I just saw your proposal in the Assembly, so I'll work on a quick report for tomorrow/today (if I forget, please follow up).

Mr. GM?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »

Mr. GM?

It's posted. Thanks for following up. Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #382 on: February 18, 2010, 11:03:59 PM »

NOTICE

I'll be on leave until Sunday. I have a pretty busy weekend and won't be available.

Until then, everyone enjoy your weekend and try not to pull any surprises before I get back, eh? Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #383 on: February 22, 2010, 10:19:08 PM »

If the Pacific shuts off trade with us, we shall do without Pacific-made products. I for one shall not desert this region.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #384 on: February 22, 2010, 10:41:43 PM »

If the Pacific shuts off trade with us, we shall do without Pacific-made products. I for one shall not desert this region.

I much prefer the game drive me than my ideas drive the game. This is actually a fun thing to report on that I can analyze pretty easily while it is actually led by citizens and the people that play the game.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #385 on: February 22, 2010, 11:40:54 PM »

As a citizen of the Midwest I protest the bussing of convicts through territory that is rightfully and truthfully Midwestern!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #386 on: February 22, 2010, 11:54:59 PM »

It is an unfortunate consequence of the Pacific's occupation of said land. Sad
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #387 on: February 23, 2010, 01:41:11 AM »

I'd like to please see some analysis on the 'Reasonable Military Funding Act's" impact on our military budget and what levels would be most appropriate to maintain a strong defense while being fiscally responsible. Thank you.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #388 on: February 23, 2010, 01:52:09 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2010, 01:53:40 AM by GM Purple State »

I'd like to please see some analysis on the 'Reasonable Military Funding Act's" impact on our military budget and what levels would be most appropriate to maintain a strong defense while being fiscally responsible. Thank you.

I cannot tell you this until the federal government forms a budget from which these cuts can be made. Until then, there is no point of reference for these cuts.

Rest assured, I have begun pushing for the return of the budget process to the government. It will be a slow process and I have started a thread here to find a solution. I urge you to research the issue (budgets used to be mandatory, but that process was halted by the 25th Amendment) and to make your concerns known by contacting your senators.

EDIT: I just checked your campaign thread and realize you are in support of that initiative. Great! Smiley
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #389 on: February 23, 2010, 01:55:46 AM »

I know we don't have a budget yet, I was just hoping for some estimates. I have made bringing back the budget a cornerstone of my campaign and hope to work very closely with you if elected. I have made it a priority to observe and act upon GM reports rather than ignore them. Thank you
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #390 on: February 23, 2010, 02:02:47 AM »

I know we don't have a budget yet, I was just hoping for some estimates. I have made bringing back the budget a cornerstone of my campaign and hope to work very closely with you if elected. I have made it a priority to observe and act upon GM reports rather than ignore them. Thank you

I can tell you that a reduction in any department's budget by 50% is bound to have drastic effects on the ability of that department to conduct future operations. As stipulated in the legislation, the exact effects of the cuts would rely on the plan crafted by the DoEA, so for your question I would recommend that you request this information from the SoEA, who will have much greater oversight over what gets cut and what gets funded.

Of course, it will be difficult for the SoEA to tell you what he is cutting if he doesn't have a budget. So it's all a circle with no answer for now.

Thank you for your support of my budget initiative. Keep up the pressure to get it done and good luck in your race.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #391 on: February 23, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »

I can't find anything on the healthcare bill. Could you link me to something or write a report up Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #392 on: February 23, 2010, 10:21:54 PM »

National News

Atlasian National Healthcare Act Goes Into Effect
The following are the relevant statistics for the Atlasian National Healthcare Act as passed by the Senate:

Current number of uninsured Atlasians =  40 million
Projected # uninsured under Act = 25 million
Projected # to join ANHCP = 285 million

Projected 10 year cost of Act = $3.4 trillion
Projected 10 year revenue from Act = $3.45 trillion

Analysis
With an available universal program under the Act, this office projects that 25 million currently uninsured Atlasians will receive health insurance coverage with the passage of this Act. Without individual mandates or subsidies to cover premiums for the poor, few poor Atlasians will join the new government program, despite the absence of co-payments and deductibles. With no mandate and new taxes on benefits, those wealthy Atlasians who had refrained from purchasing an insurance plan now have a disincentive from buying in, while middle and upper-middle class Atlasians are somewhat more likely to drop their insurance plan.

Taxes on benefits with the absence of any mandates are likely to result in many employers dropping coverage. Some smaller insurance companies will also be forced to downsize or close due to new requirements to cover those with previous medical conditions and rules preventing them from providing certain basic services. This office projects a loss of $50 million to $250 million in economic activity in this area over ten years.

However, because businesses will no longer be burdened with providing health insurance coverage, projected wages over the next ten years are substantially higher, especially for those who make between $60,000 and $125,000 annually. In addition, the lightened load on businesses, especially smaller ones, will increase economic activity by approximately $700 million over five years.

While most people will proceed to purchase insurance through the exchange, most relying on the universal ANHCP, an estimated 10 million will refrain from buying new insurance. This nets approximately 15 million additional Atlasians with health coverage.

While the cost of the Act and projected number to join government run health care programs seem high, these numbers include the people and funding transferred from Medicare and Medicaid. It also includes those who previously had private insurance, but were transferred to coverage under the government program. Without those numbers, the cost is closer to $1.4 trillion and revenue equivalent to $1.45 trillion over ten years.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #393 on: February 23, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »

National News

Atlasian National Healthcare Act Goes Into Effect
The following are the relevant statistics for the Atlasian National Healthcare Act as passed by the Senate:

Current number of uninsured Atlasians =  40 million
Projected # uninsured under Act = 25 million
Projected # to join ANHCP = 285 million

Projected 10 year cost of Act = $3.4 trillion
Projected 10 year revenue from Act = $3.45 trillion

Analysis
With an available universal program under the Act, this office projects that 25 million currently uninsured Atlasians will receive health insurance coverage with the passage of this Act. Without individual mandates or subsidies to cover premiums for the poor, few poor Atlasians will join the new government program, despite the absence of co-payments and deductibles. With no mandate and new taxes on benefits, those wealthy Atlasians who had refrained from purchasing an insurance plan now have a disincentive from buying in, while middle and upper-middle class Atlasians are somewhat more likely to drop their insurance plan.

Taxes on benefits with the absence of any mandates are likely to result in many employers dropping coverage. Some smaller insurance companies will also be forced to downsize or close due to new requirements to cover those with previous medical conditions and rules preventing them from providing certain basic services. This office projects a loss of $50 million to $250 million in economic activity in this area over ten years.

However, because businesses will no longer be burdened with providing health insurance coverage, projected wages over the next ten years are substantially higher, especially for those who make between $60,000 and $125,000 annually. In addition, the lightened load on businesses, especially smaller ones, will increase economic activity by approximately $700 million over five years.

While most people will proceed to purchase insurance through the exchange, most relying on the universal ANHCP, an estimated 10 million will refrain from buying new insurance. This nets approximately 15 million additional Atlasians with health coverage.

While the cost of the Act and projected number to join government run health care programs seem high, these numbers include the people and funding transferred from Medicare and Medicaid. It also includes those who previously had private insurance, but were transferred to coverage under the government program. Without those numbers, the cost is closer to $1.4 trillion and revenue equivalent to $1.45 trillion over ten years.

Ok, I still want to repeal it Tongue

Of course there would be a replacement.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #394 on: March 01, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »

Mr. GM, I would like to request a comprehensive overview on the effects and status of the 11 proposals passed so far during my tenure as OFKA Governor, which can all be found here.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2010, 11:33:35 PM »

Mr. GM, I would like to request a comprehensive overview on the effects and status of the 11 proposals passed so far during my tenure as OFKA Governor, which can all be found here.

Now that you put 'em all on the Wiki you thought you would make it useful for yourself, eh? I'll take a look and see what I can do.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #396 on: March 03, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »

The Midwest Tourist Board would like to remind angry Pacifican and Southeastern truck drivers that it exists!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: March 15, 2010, 06:29:50 PM »

Haha, Sarkozy doesn't like the GTFO. As if Francve has ever actually cared about Africa...

Bravo, Mr. GM. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: March 16, 2010, 02:53:44 PM »

Hmm?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #399 on: March 16, 2010, 06:08:16 PM »

Haha, Sarkozy doesn't like the GTFO. As if Francve has ever actually cared about Africa...

Bravo, Mr. GM. Smiley

The SoEA won't listen much to a President whose party is only worth a quarter of the electorate. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies