The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:58:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50235 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: November 19, 2009, 08:19:48 AM »

Working on a paper and gave you all two stories last night, but forgot financials. So to make up for it, today you get only financials... Tongue

Financial News

Financial Indicators
  • ANSE     931 +6 (0.65%)
  • $1 Atlasian = $0.87345 U.S. (-0.01018)
  • Crude Oil = $93.94/barrel -0.52 (0.55%)

Analysis:
The ANSE continued to rise as economic indicators appear to be strengthening. In addition, many believe that Senator NCYank is close to releasing a credit market regulation bill to the Senate in the coming days.
The Atlasian Dollar fell as a result of the large Atlasian trade deficit. Officials in China and the European Union have begun to voice concern about the falling A$, urging policy makers to take needed measures to slow its decline.

Oil prices fell as demand for the commodity has sharply declined in recent weeks.

I am aiming for the weekend by I am hung up on the last sections. Perhaps the GM might be willing to offer some guidance on the later sections.

How big is the CDS market in Atlasia? What is the GM's recommendation regarding reforming them?

What is the GM's recomendation for leveraging/minimum reserve requirements for investment banks?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #301 on: November 19, 2009, 10:35:30 AM »

Lol, food shortages. What bullcrap!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #302 on: November 19, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »

ugh, what?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #303 on: November 19, 2009, 02:10:02 PM »

Did'nt you watch Colbert last night?  We're low on Eggo!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #304 on: November 19, 2009, 03:23:38 PM »

Uh, you do know that's based on an actual, real life study, right?

Must be easy to deny reality wherever you're sitting..
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2009, 10:44:17 PM »

Working on a paper and gave you all two stories last night, but forgot financials. So to make up for it, today you get only financials... Tongue

Financial News

Financial Indicators

Analysis:
The ANSE continued to rise as economic indicators appear to be strengthening. In addition, many believe that Senator NCYank is close to releasing a credit market regulation bill to the Senate in the coming days.
The Atlasian Dollar fell as a result of the large Atlasian trade deficit. Officials in China and the European Union have begun to voice concern about the falling A$, urging policy makers to take needed measures to slow its decline.

Oil prices fell as demand for the commodity has sharply declined in recent weeks.

I am aiming for the weekend by I am hung up on the last sections. Perhaps the GM might be willing to offer some guidance on the later sections.

How big is the CDS market in Atlasia? What is the GM's recommendation regarding reforming them?

What is the GM's recomendation for leveraging/minimum reserve requirements for investment banks?

Just so it doesn't get burried, I really need this info, Purple.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2009, 12:22:09 AM »

Financial News

Financial Indicators

Analysis:

Just so it doesn't get burried, I really need this info, Purple.

Assume that financial information that detailed reflects the same as the US. Unfortunately, I do not have the level of expertise to advise anyone on how to reform the CDS market or how to properly regulate investment banks.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #307 on: November 25, 2009, 03:31:39 AM »

One thing I'd like to know is how much the Northeast can lower the unleaded gas tax that will have to be enacted when tolls are removed to comply with the Free Highway Access Act of 2009  for every cent differential in a diesel gas tax.  For example, if we were to charge a 13.6 cent tax on unleaded (instead of the proposed 14.6 cents) and put a15.6 tax on diesel, would that be revenue-neutral?  Or would we have to charge a higher diesel tax for every cent we lower the unleaded gas tax?

Tolls are  higher on larger vehicles because of the additional wear and tear they put on the roads.  A higher diesel tax may be a rough proxy for that - if we decide to go down that route.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #308 on: November 26, 2009, 02:34:43 AM »

I probably won't be on much this holiday weekend. Markets are closed for the holiday until Monday. Commentary on NCY's legislation will possibly come before next week, but we will see how far I get on my paper assignment.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2009, 11:09:49 PM »

That's what we call real fiscal responsibility, I say.

However, I do not believe my name is Franzl. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »

That's what we call real fiscal responsibility, I say.

However, I do not believe my name is Franzl. Tongue

Fixed. Shame on me for copying my last report. I even changed it to JCP, but forgot to change the name. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2009, 11:14:11 PM »

In any case, thanks for the analysis, and I'll leave you criticism free this time. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #312 on: November 30, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »

In any case, thanks for the analysis, and I'll leave you criticism free this time. Tongue

Which means NCY is going to be on my case. Uch...

Wink
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #313 on: December 01, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »

Or me Tongue

You failed to address its impact, if any, on those with higher taxes. So yeah, it's great that it decreases the deficit, but you failed to address the consequences of the bill.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #314 on: December 01, 2009, 08:44:59 PM »

Or me Tongue

You failed to address its impact, if any, on those with higher taxes. So yeah, it's great that it decreases the deficit, but you failed to address the consequences of the bill.

I'll try to edit it in later or tomorrow. It is much harder to determine though.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #315 on: December 02, 2009, 03:36:21 PM »

Or me Tongue

I'll try to edit it in later or tomorrow. It is much harder to determine though.
Please do when you get the chance. And don't forget the lesson of the 90's: "Increasing the top income tax rate always results in economic slowdown." Just ask President Gingrich. ;-)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2009, 10:34:20 PM »

Or me Tongue

Please do when you get the chance. And don't forget the lesson of the 90's: "Increasing the top income tax rate always results in economic slowdown." Just ask President Gingrich. ;-)

Seeing as the legislation has just about passed, I think it is more worthwhile to address other things and come back to the impact of this soon-to-be law down the road.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #317 on: December 04, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »

Yay, we are the region with the lowest unemployment rate ! Cheesy
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #318 on: December 05, 2009, 03:06:43 AM »

Yay, we are the region with the lowest unemployment rate ! Cheesy

Yes, and when the voters recognize this, they will re-elect me.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #319 on: December 11, 2009, 06:50:03 PM »

For the record, the Office of the GM is closed for the first night of Channukah. Happy holiday to all my fellow Jews.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #320 on: December 18, 2009, 03:56:25 PM »

I hope my leadership helps the economy! Grin
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #321 on: December 19, 2009, 08:26:11 AM »

Will we have some news about Northeast ? A detailed analysis of the legislative work of the incumbent Assembly would be very apreciated. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #322 on: December 19, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »

I haven't been following this as closely as I should have over the last two weeks. I am sure PS has felt my absence, well not to worry, I shall once again be meticulously analyzing the GM's economic reports again. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #323 on: December 19, 2009, 05:28:09 PM »

Where is the thread that discusses the pros and cons of this regional self determination thing about how regional senators or some such are elected?  The voting booth is now open on this, and I don't at present know how to vote. Thanks.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #324 on: December 19, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »

Where is the thread that discusses the pros and cons of this regional self determination thing about how regional senators or some such are elected?  The voting booth is now open on this, and I don't at present know how to vote. Thanks.

That's not the GM's concern.  It's up to the proponents of amendments to justify them.  As usual, they're not mounting any sort of campaign in favor of it.  I know what my default position usually is on something that's not explained to me.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies