The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:20:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50267 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2009, 07:57:01 AM »

I think you're doing a fine job with national stuff, but I think your regional news needs work.  You tend to focus almost exclusively on the Mideast and the Midwest.  Have you done anything on the Northeast ever?  Isn't it still our most populous region?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2009, 08:03:52 AM »

I think you're doing a fine job with national stuff, but I think your regional news needs work.  You tend to focus almost exclusively on the Mideast and the Midwest.  Have you done anything on the Northeast ever?  Isn't it still our most populous region?

Myself and Mideast assemblymen have requested info, so yeah.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #202 on: October 01, 2009, 08:37:12 AM »

I have too, and even went so far as to provide a draft.  Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2009, 01:31:46 PM by GM Purple State »

There has been an article for the Northeast if I recall correctly. I am also working on the NE's regional report for tomorrow hopefully. And I am in the process of reviewing your draft, but much of it seems to rely on what you want to happen, which is not necessarily what I think would happen.

Also, not one of the regions have yet acted on my budget recommendations from a month ago. Things could better build on themselves and grow if people reacted to what the GM posts so that the GM can react to their actions. It's a self-sustaining cycle.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2009, 05:28:11 PM »

There has been an article for the Northeast if I recall correctly. I am also working on the NE's regional report for tomorrow hopefully. And I am in the process of reviewing your draft, but much of it seems to rely on what you want to happen, which is not necessarily what I think would happen.

Also, not one of the regions have yet acted on my budget recommendations from a month ago. Things could better build on themselves and grow if people reacted to what the GM posts so that the GM can react to their actions. It's a self-sustaining cycle.

It just seems like no one understands the economy enough to comment.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2009, 05:36:21 PM »

We can't all be geniuses like you, NCY.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #206 on: October 01, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

The more you know about the economy the better off you will be. Atleast you get to know who you are getting fuck by.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2009, 12:16:29 AM »

It just seems like no one understands the economy enough to comment.

Hell, I don't understand everything. But I did give some pretty simple lines for the regions, along the lines of "cut taxes X%" and "put money here." No legislation to that effect though. Oh well.

Side note, Sunday is another Jewish holiday (don't ask me why we have so many in one month, it's just the way it goes) so I won't be able to comment for another two-day period.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2009, 03:10:32 PM »

I dont feel like copying and pasting right now, but I would like to thank GM Purple State on his recent article about the Northeast.  I thought it was all done in good taste, and to be honest the Northeast was overdue on some good recognition. Of course, I am not speaking about myself, but for people like Antonio, and Lt. Governor Barnes and many others who helped me so much to bring this region back together, and active again. It takes a lot of work, and they did a terrific job

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »

Is there any coherent reason for why Northeastern unemployment dropped .4% and Pacific unemployment spiked .3% in basically a month? Because that seems rather nonsensical to me.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #210 on: October 02, 2009, 05:48:45 PM »

Is there any coherent reason for why Northeastern unemployment dropped .4% and Pacific unemployment spiked .3% in basically a month? Because that seems rather nonsensical to me.

Bear in mind the economic recovery is not fully in effect. First, Northeast region is doing better because their industries are different, which is pretty huge, and so their economy is healthier. In addition, Northeast businesses and investors are more confident than those in the Pacific.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #211 on: October 05, 2009, 09:17:02 AM »

Perhaps someone could help me here.  I've been doing some research into the stimulus package passed by the Senate, and can't quite get a handle on how much money the Northeast (or any other region) gets from it.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #212 on: October 05, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »

Perhaps someone could help me here.  I've been doing some research into the stimulus package passed by the Senate, and can't quite get a handle on how much money the Northeast (or any other region) gets from it.

I believe the GM said that because no official declaration of the apportionment of the regional stimulus money that each region received a share proportional to their population. However, I'm not 100% certain about that.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #213 on: October 05, 2009, 10:07:30 PM »

Essentially, each region should assume that they have received exactly one-fifth of the region-specific funding from the stimulus package (I believe this amounts to $20 billion each).
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »

I would like to request a report on the general status of Iraq and Afghanistan. Did we have troops at one time, or still do, or did we decide we would break from the US?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2009, 10:44:01 PM »

I would like to request a report on the general status of Iraq and Afghanistan. Did we have troops at one time, or still do, or did we decide we would break from the US?

I think our old GM in time long gone by declared that we won the war because we had a surge or whatever.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2009, 10:47:55 PM »

I think our old GM in time long gone by declared that we won the war because we had a surge or whatever.

Ok, though I'd like to see what Purple State has to say about the countries anyway.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2009, 11:11:34 PM »

I will do you one better Vepres (and I know HW wants this too). I will release a comprehensive foreign policy review in the next week or so.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2009, 07:04:31 AM »

I'd like some reports and stats on the effectiveness and usefulness of the stimulus act passed by the Senate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2009, 01:48:58 AM »

I didn't realize it was also the GM's job to make social commentary as well as analysis, but I learn something new every day.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2009, 09:36:08 AM »

Whether its most prominent residents, whose political leanings tend to favor abolition of the regions, view this as a positive or negative aspect cannot be determined by this office

I'd say its most prominent residents have a strong pro-regional tendency.  bgwah, for example, is a reactionary on the issue.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #221 on: October 08, 2009, 12:03:30 PM »

Whether its most prominent residents, whose political leanings tend to favor abolition of the regions, view this as a positive or negative aspect cannot be determined by this office; however, it is clear that despite a wave of reform initiatives through the other regions, Pacificers are content with the system they have.

Since when?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2009, 12:25:23 PM »

You made an error. You said the Pacific is the home of the largest party in Atlasia. The largest party in Atlasia only has like 3 members in the Pacific. You might want to look into correcting that.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2009, 03:38:52 PM »

You made an error. You said the Pacific is the home of the largest party in Atlasia. The largest party in Atlasia only has like 3 members in the Pacific. You might want to look into correcting that.

I can only go by what the SoFA page has.

I didn't realize it was also the GM's job to make social commentary as well as analysis, but I learn something new every day.

I must not have noticed you complaining when I issued my report on the Southeast. You didn't comment on the "social commentary" in any other region either. And the Pacific doesn't pass (or even consider) enough legislation for me to comment on much besides you, well, lack of the consideration of legislation.

Whether its most prominent residents, whose political leanings tend to favor abolition of the regions, view this as a positive or negative aspect cannot be determined by this office; however, it is clear that despite a wave of reform initiatives through the other regions, Pacificers are content with the system they have.

Since when?

Since its members, including the region's current senator (if I am mistaken here, I apologize to Max), came out for removal of regional Senate seats...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2009, 03:47:42 PM »

To be fair, abolishing regional senate seats is not the same as abolishing regions. And I also find it a little suspect that the GM is trying to change the type of governments that individual regions want to set up. If some want elected legislatures, that's awesome. If some want to do the every citizen is part of the legislature deal, that should be fine too. I'm pretty sure that's what regional rights are all about, no?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies