The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50245 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2009, 03:34:36 PM »

After today, there will be occasional top-secret intelligence briefings for the President, VP, SoEA and PPT.

Why the PPT?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »

After today, there will be occasional top-secret intelligence briefings for the President, VP, SoEA and PPT.

Why the PPT?

Checks and balances. I also think it could be important when filling the legislation slot for PPT's discretion.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2009, 11:31:24 PM »

The car rebate bill would have a couple additional votes if the Senate didn't lose it's mind and completely ruin it with outrageous requirements.

Just chalk it up as a victim of the Senate's constant need to compromise.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2009, 11:32:48 PM »

The car rebate bill would have a couple additional votes if the Senate didn't lose it's mind and completely ruin it with outrageous requirements.

Fortunately we got a better bill courtesy of Tmth and Hamilton
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2009, 11:34:06 PM »

First of all, you are not a Senator, so you better learn your limits.

Secondly, no, the changes made the variety of purchasable cars very narrow and almost entirely foreign. The point was to get people to buy cars, not turn it into a green initiative.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »

I wouldn't say that was a compromise. That was a pretty one-sided move by the Senate to increase the environmental impact of the bill at the expense of the economic impact.

*shrug* If it doesn't pass as a result, you can bet the market won't be happy.

On another note: Chalking up some release info on the stimulus. If anyone has something they really want to see in there, post here or PM me with what it is and, if available, a link to the raw info or an analysis of the info. Remember, this is just the initial release, not months down the road.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2009, 11:36:50 PM »

First of all, you are not a Senator, so you better learn your limits.

Secondly, no, the changes made the variety of purchasable cars very narrow and almost entirely foreign. The point was to get people to buy cars, not turn it into a green initiative.

I can work with Senators however I choose. Go yell at PiT or Purple State or Xahar. They frequently post in the Senate and also worked on legislation this session. Leave me alone. Just because all evidence shows the opposite of your position on the auto rebate bill doesn't give you a right to continue on this tirade.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2009, 12:24:01 AM »

Just thought I'd let you know that you're doing a wonderful job.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2009, 03:28:48 AM »

^^^
Indeed, it's been years since we've had a GM anywhere close to as active and committed. Smiley
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2009, 08:58:39 AM »

It almost wounds me to say this, but I urge the Senate to immediately open up hearings investigating the link between Governor AndrewCT and the emerging terrorist threat looming over our nation.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2009, 10:19:49 AM »

^^^
Indeed, it's been years since we've had a GM anywhere close to as active and committed. Smiley

Grin Cheesy Grin *hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2009, 08:20:56 PM »

Thank you all for the kind words.

Busy day today IRL. I will have a report up in a few minutes and financials a little later (after I get homework done).
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2009, 09:53:05 PM »

Purple State, do we have anti-trust laws? I know we carried over some US laws, but I'd like to know some specifics of the laws for future reference. I'll probably introduce some in the Midwest either way though.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2009, 10:10:29 PM »

Purple State, do we have anti-trust laws? I know we carried over some US laws, but I'd like to know some specifics of the laws for future reference. I'll probably introduce some in the Midwest either way though.

Antri-trust laws can be considered to be the current US anti-trust laws.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2009, 11:56:33 PM »

Just as a note, the Office of the GM will be officially closed on a number of Sundays (and one Monday), in addition to every saturday in the coming weeks. These are due to the holidays of Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot.

I thank you for baring with me. The first such occurrence will be this Sunday, so no news (or posting from me at all) from this Friday night to Sunday night.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2009, 12:06:49 AM »

Just as a note, the Office of the GM will be officially closed on a number of Sundays (and one Monday), in addition to every saturday in the coming weeks. These are due to the holidays of Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot.

I thank you for baring with me. The first such occurrence will be this Sunday, so no news (or posting from me at all) from this Friday night to Sunday night.

A unrelated question. What are those holidays? We don't have any Jews where I live, I only know Hannukah.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2009, 12:16:47 AM »

A unrelated question. What are those holidays? We don't have any Jews where I live, I only know Hannukah.

Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish new year, which is both celebratory, but also the beginning of judgement for the next year.

Yom Kippur, which is ten days later, is literally the Day of Atonement (we don't eat or drink all day and pray to God for forgiveness) and the final day before God closes the books that determine the next year (who will live or die, be wealth or poor, etc.).

Sukkot is a harvest festival. We eat (and some sleep and spend much of their days) in a constructed hut with bamboo roofing. It is partly to remind us of the way the Jews lived while traveling in the desert for 40 years after leaving Egypt.

Those are basic sketches and each holiday has a lot of intricacies, rules, traditions, etc. If you are ever interested in additional information you can PM me any question.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2009, 12:36:06 AM »

I remember Sukkot on TV. In Montreal, there were some troubles because some owners were banning the huts on their grounds because they are ''unaesthetic''.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »

My favorite is Purim because every time the writers of quiz bowl questions ask for a Jewish holiday that they think will be "difficult" it's always Purim.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2009, 05:04:19 PM »

Economic News

Durable Goods, Factory Orders Data Released
New orders for manufactured durable goods in August decreased $12.7 billion or 6.2 percent to $193.0 billion, the Atlasian Census Bureau announced today. This was the largest percent decrease in new orders since October 2006 and followed two consecutive monthly decreases including a 0.2 percent July decrease. Excluding transportation, new orders decreased 4.4 percent. Excluding defense, new orders decreased 4.6 percent.

Transportation equipment, up twenty-one of the last twenty-two months, had the largest increase, $1.3 billion or 1.5 percent to $89.9 billion.

Meanwhile, total factory orders, calculated as the sum of all durable and non-durable goods orders, declined 6 percent, indicating that new orders of non-durable goods had decreased at a slightly slower pace than durable goods. Nevertheless, this fall represents a major shift in demand for products.

Hopefully the stimulus will help boost these numbers in the future. We need to get Business investment back up for sure.

Good job, PS. Any chance I could get you to supply these on a monthly basis? Along with the Construction/Housing and Consumer Demand/Retail data. Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2009, 10:49:19 PM »

Economic News

Durable Goods, Factory Orders Data Released
New orders for manufactured durable goods in August decreased $12.7 billion or 6.2 percent to $193.0 billion, the Atlasian Census Bureau announced today. This was the largest percent decrease in new orders since October 2006 and followed two consecutive monthly decreases including a 0.2 percent July decrease. Excluding transportation, new orders decreased 4.4 percent. Excluding defense, new orders decreased 4.6 percent.

Transportation equipment, up twenty-one of the last twenty-two months, had the largest increase, $1.3 billion or 1.5 percent to $89.9 billion.

Meanwhile, total factory orders, calculated as the sum of all durable and non-durable goods orders, declined 6 percent, indicating that new orders of non-durable goods had decreased at a slightly slower pace than durable goods. Nevertheless, this fall represents a major shift in demand for products.

Hopefully the stimulus will help boost these numbers in the future. We need to get Business investment back up for sure.

Good job, PS. Any chance I could get you to supply these on a monthly basis? Along with the Construction/Housing and Consumer Demand/Retail data. Smiley

I'll need you to remind me, but I will do my best to update the economic reports on a monthly basis. I may try to set up some sort of schedule where they are each released in separate weeks. Let me go through and see what I've done and try to get some dates for everything.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2009, 11:06:14 PM »

Tentative Schedule for Recurring Reports:

Topic: Schedule; Next expected release

Federal Revenue/Expenditures: The second Wednesday of every other month; October 14
Regional Budgets: The second week biannually; February 7-12
LIBOR/Prime, Bonds: The last Thursday of every other month; October 29
Employment/Unionization: The first day of every other month, with regional numbers the following day; October 1, 2
Population: The first day of every year; January 1
Retail Sales: The first Tuesday of every other month; November 3
Consumer Spending: The first Monday of every other month; October 5
Consumer Confidence: The fourth Thursday of every other month; November 26
Housing Data: The second Friday of every other month; November 13
Durable Goods/Factory Orders: The last Monday of every other month; November 30
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »

So when are you going to start issuing news reports regarding energy, climate change, and what effect our policies are having with regard to these issues?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2009, 02:33:27 PM »

So when are you going to start issuing news reports regarding energy, climate change, and what effect our policies are having with regard to these issues?

I will put it on the queue. If you have any specific information you would like on those topics, please let me know (I like specifics). Also, if you know of any reputable sources to find related information, that would be great as well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2009, 11:29:55 PM »

I'm back from my holiday and rearing for a fun week. A look ahead includes more news from South America, worries brewing about bank failures, the beginnings of regional reports and other fun stuff. I will also begin working on refreshed economic numbers (just for NCY).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies