The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:50:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 50234 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »

Well, it looks like if the RPP receives a majority in the Senate the stock market will crash again. Sad
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2009, 05:36:52 PM »

I'm not researching American railways for this. Wink

The engineers and planners will deal adequately with the placement of tracks, the modernization of current lines, etc. I'm no engineer, I simply report the news.

My railway workers un my as yet unamed Railroad are considering going on strike due to your lack of appreciation for there importance.

I have some more requests
I need Housing market Data
Retail Sales
Durable Goods orders
Factory orders(also say whether this number is due to export changes or changes in domestic consumption)
Consumer Spending
Consumer Confidence

Please try to do some research on these. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2009, 06:12:02 PM »

The engineers and planners will deal adequately with the placement of tracks, the modernization of current lines, etc. I'm no engineer, I simply report the news.

My railway workers un my as yet unamed Railroad are considering going on strike due to your lack of appreciation for there importance.

Retail Sales
Durable Goods orders
Factory orders(also say whether this number is due to export changes or changes in domestic consumption)
Consumer Spending
Consumer Confidence

Only if you guys start taking action on some of my releases. Nothing regarding Venezuela from anyone but HW? Not even a comment on health care, not to mention moves to amend or make it better. You guys need to keep up with these things. I can give you all the data in the world, but it wont mean anything if you don't respond.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2009, 06:53:55 PM »

Retail Sales
Durable Goods orders
Consumer Spending
Consumer Confidence

Only if you guys start taking action on some of my releases. Nothing regarding Venezuela from anyone but HW? Not even a comment on health care, not to mention moves to amend or make it better. You guys need to keep up with these things. I can give you all the data in the world, but it wont mean anything if you don't respond.

Me try to amend Health Care? If I try to amend it, it would be a full repeal of it, which obviously won't pass, so why bother? Foriegn affairs aren't my current cup of tea and I shouldn't be held responsible for the inaction of my fellow Senators on the subject. I am an economics guy and I am trying get a good feel of the economy to see where to go next and so far what you have given me is so blind to underlying factors as to be worthless. Finally its election time and we are approachin Lame Duck status for this session. You are a former Senator, you know the drill. Now give me the data or I will have your a** impeached in the next Senate. I am in a very bad mood right now and you ain't helping.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2009, 08:58:11 PM »

Now give me the data or I will have your a** impeached in the next Senate.

Oh yes, impeaching the only active and competent GM in a while. What a marvelous idea!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2009, 09:22:22 PM »

Oh yes, impeaching the only active and competent GM in a while. What a marvelous idea!

Competent in certain ares yes. However he spouts off practically meaningless economic data on a regular basis and then when I ask for some special info on a one time basis so I can craft some economic legislation, I get a BS response about not responding. I ran on GM Reform, ID theft and the Economy. My focus right now is the economy, and I shouldn't be denied info critical to turning around the economy, because none of the other 9 Senators hasn't bothered to respond to his conflict with Chavez.  He was not appointed GM so he could point to us and laugh every election season and say, they aren't doing anything. He was appointed to work with the Senate to craft legislation, when I ask for critical data I get all kinds of excusses from "I don't know", to, "you idiots won't respond anyway". I came here to get what I need so I can do my job, I didn't expect to be caught up in a verbal attack on the entire Senate. He took this job, and said he would do daily reports, which he has, so I don't expect it to be a problem when I ask for one time dosage of more specific info.

I also ran on accountabililty for officeholders, and I sure as hell plan to continue to hold people accountable when I find they are not.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2009, 10:22:01 PM »

Competent in certain ares yes. However he spouts off practically meaningless economic data on a regular basis and then when I ask for some special info on a one time basis so I can craft some economic legislation, I get a BS response about not responding. I ran on GM Reform, ID theft and the Economy. My focus right now is the economy, and I shouldn't be denied info critical to turning around the economy, because none of the other 9 Senators hasn't bothered to respond to his conflict with Chavez.  He was not appointed GM so he could point to us and laugh every election season and say, they aren't doing anything. He was appointed to work with the Senate to craft legislation, when I ask for critical data I get all kinds of excusses from "I don't know", to, "you idiots won't respond anyway". I came here to get what I need so I can do my job, I didn't expect to be caught up in a verbal attack on the entire Senate. He took this job, and said he would do daily reports, which he has, so I don't expect it to be a problem when I ask for one time dosage of more specific info.

I also ran on accountabililty for officeholders, and I sure as hell plan to continue to hold people accountable when I find they are not.

Also, he updates infrequently!  He should be updating more than once a day!  We demand minute-by-minute stock data!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2009, 02:04:20 AM »

I must admit that while I'm very happy with Purple State's activity and enthusiasm, I'm, like NYC, a bit miffed at his attitude towards the Senate as well. It's not like random stock data and updates on the dollar as well as pointless news about Colombia gives us alot to legislate over.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2009, 09:13:31 AM »

I'm glad I was part of "One of the Greatest Senates Ever"
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Twentieth_Senate
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »

Al, Lewis, Ebowed, Phil and Rob? i'll pass. sorry
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2009, 09:19:17 AM »

And I agree that the 30th is by far the best Senate ever. I could vote for any of them, honestly. Awesome group of Senators.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »

It was by far the most exciting without a doubt.  See the defeat of some of the extremely liberal bills like "Acceptance of Science" and see the one week period when Lewis was on vacation
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2009, 10:21:08 AM »

It was by far the most exciting without a doubt.  See the defeat of some of the extremely liberal bills like "Acceptance of Science" and see the one week period when Lewis was on vacation

You've talked about that bill about a thousand times now. I went through the thread and, you know what? It was boring.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »

Also, he updates infrequently!  He should be updating more than once a day!  We demand minute-by-minute stock data!

Its not frequency but a content issue.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2009, 07:34:01 PM »

Only if you guys start taking action on some of my releases. Nothing regarding Venezuela from anyone but HW?

Happy knows what I'd like to do with Venezuela. But they actually have to do something worthy of action on my part. I don't feel like wasting Senate time on a resolution for what they did, which happens all the time. Give me something I can work with and you'll have your bill. Even though this Senate is almost over too.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »

Enough, enough. This thread is not for your petty threats, nor is it for countermeasures.

You will all be kept plenty busy by a fun regional and financial week.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2009, 09:40:25 PM »

Enough, enough. This thread is not for your petty threats, nor is it for countermeasures.

You will all be kept plenty busy by a fun regional and financial week.

Check your PM box, before you get me going again. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2009, 10:56:23 PM »

This office also urges the federal government to direct an additional $50 billion to $100 billion to the Midwest over the next year to alleviate the region’s budgetary woes.

The Midwest has no budgetary woes. Angry What's the opposite of woes? It has seow.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2009, 11:08:46 PM »

This office also urges the federal government to direct an additional $50 billion to $100 billion to the Midwest over the next year to alleviate the region’s budgetary woes.

The Midwest has no budgetary woes. Angry What's the opposite of woes? It has seow.

I'm going in order of budget size so the Midwest will be the last one listed.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2009, 11:37:25 PM »

I thought the Dirty South's would be because of their population.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2009, 11:48:13 PM »

I thought the Dirty South's would be because of their population.

Yeah, the DS is in dire need of more people.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2009, 12:06:37 AM »

Population according to membership in Atlasia is not to be taken as overall population or economic output. The DS has Florida and Texas, two of the most populous states in Atlasia in general, while the Midwest has most of the smallest states.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2009, 08:09:44 PM »

I'm really happy with your job so far. But, please give NCYank his statistics, he's pretty pissed right now.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2009, 11:13:02 PM »

I'm really happy with your job so far. But, please give NCYank his statistics, he's pretty pissed right now.

Honestly, being pissed off with me will get him his information no sooner. I don't appreciate people feigning anger after I respond publicly to a public outburst of theirs.

Tomorrow's economic news will include his information and I am announcing that those sorts of numbers (i.e. bonds, GDP, Libor, etc.) will come every three to six months.

Also, just for future reference, if you want information post it here or PM me. If I don't respond immediately or if I question the purpose of the information, PM me with a clear, concise and respectful summary of why the information is needed and you will get it. If you go off on foam-at-the-mouth rants you will be asked to leave the news room.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2009, 12:15:52 AM »

If you could prepare the Midwest education data in the next few weeks, but refrain from posting it until I'm officially Governor-elect, I would really appreciate it.

Here are the figures I would like to request:

- % graduation from high school
- % high school graduates who enter college
- % of college students who graduate with at least a two year degree.
- avg. teacher salary
- the power and influence of the teachers' union
- avg. dollars per student
- any regional disparities
- any class, ethnic, racial, or gender disparities
- the influence of the standardized test ban enacted in the Midwest last year
- brief comparisons to the other regions
- overweight and obesity rates among children and adolescents
- levels of teen violence
- % of teens without fathers, racial disparities would be nice
- levels of teen pregnancy
- state of charter schools in the state and school choice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies